Thursday, June 24, 2010

Busy Times

Mood: :iconsleepygreeceplz:


Today was nice and warm. :iconyaykumajiroplz: It must have been in the 70s. I now have a lawyer to help me appeal the decision made by social security about SSI. She thinks I have a really good case. :iconchibisitalyplz: Told me something like she wins 90% of her cases. :iconeduardplz: She doesn't get paid until I get the benefits. So, that's really good. Also, apparently, only 10% get approved for SSI the first go around. :iconitalyishorrifiedplz: They want people to give up, because they don't have many people to make the decisions.:iconchibienglandplz: If we get to the hearing stage, we might have to wait about a year for it. Wahoo! :iconnorgeplz: More of a headache. She's going to go through all my records in the meantime. Also, she strongly encourages me that I get a psychiatrist and therapist, again. Plus, stick with my primary doctor. I was already go to do that, so that's nice. :icontinoplz: She also told me not to say things like: 'I'm feeling fine' or 'everything's ok' to either of these people. Instead, it should be like: 'I felt good this week.' Otherwise, they'll write it down, and it will seem like I have nothing wrong with me. :icongermanyplz: The people who make the decisions will see this. So, I have to be careful. :iconchibifinlandplz: She said I should tell them exactly how I feel. Plus, what's going on. I have a hard time explaining these types of things to people, even therapists. :iconhongkongplz: But, I'll try. :iconchibirussiaplz: She'll call me when there's updates. She was very nice. I was a little nervous about it, so I'm glad that it was better than I expected. :iconchibilithuaniaplz:


After that we went to the new Seattle library. It's the first time I've been to it, even though it's been up for a couple of years now. :iconswissplz: Pretty cool looking place, very strange but interesting architecture. :iconchibiaustriaplz: It's like  a glass cube turned on it's side halfway up the building. We went to the highest observation area. (10th floor.) It was cool to look down on the streets, and the rest of the library. :iconspainplz: The library itself is huge! Great selection too. I explored their performing arts, drawing, and Japanese sections. Very interesting stuff. :iconchibinitalyplz: They actually had like 5 or 6 huge rows of books in Japanese. :iconus-xdplz: I was a bit overwhelmed and couldn't find one that I was interested in enough to take home and read. :iconusaplz: The drawing books that I saw, seemed a bit too advanced for me. The performing arts section was amazing! :iconchibihungaryplz: I didn't have much time to look through that either. The arts section is devoted to an entire floor. I might have to go there again, or get an Interlibrary loan with our local one. Awesome! :icondanmarkplz:


Next, we went to Bahama Breeze for dinner. Mom and I got the roasted goat cheese appetizer. So tasty! Dad had their chowder, which she said was very good. I ordered one of their specials. It was buttermilk fried chicken, on top of spinach and cheese, then garlic mashed potatoes. All this with a black bean and corn salsa on the sides. Also, everything except the chicken had a lemon butter sauce on top. :iconhungaryplz: The breading wasn't thick, so that was nice. It was whole spinach with some gooey cheese. Plus, the potatoes were nice and lumpy. It was all SO good! :iconchibispainplz:Then, I ordered a Chocolate Island for dessert. The 'island' part had mousse on top of a fudge brownie, that had a thick covering of fudge syrup. On top of that was some whipped cream in the middle. On top of that, slices of almonds with sugar on them. The 'sea' surrounding it had vanilla creme sauce and streaks of the fudge syrup again. It was really really good! :iconitalyplz: I couldn't eat it all, it was just so much. I had a ton of food, so that combined with a good experience with the lawyer, and the warm weather; I was in a very good mood. Oh, and very sleepy. :iconthailandplz:


Also, today was the first day my dad started going full-time as a woman. She was happy too. We seemed to get along a bit better, also. Which is very nice to see. :iconheroamericaplz: I'm up to 85 pages for my story. (That's 85 in Word, not on regular pages. :iconchibiamericaplz:) A big landmark, I guess. There's a ton of events coming up. At least it's a lot to me. :iconeduardplz: Tomorrow, my parents are going to be gone for the day. Dad has voice lessons and they're going to a Pride Shabbat service. (I didn't feel like going.) Which means I'll also celebrate the beginning of Shabbat alone. :iconbrothercanadaplz: That's ok, I can make my own service! :iconprussiaplz: Saturday, is our regular morning service with our cantor, and a special guest. Then, at night we're having a Havdalah 'plus' service. Supposedly, they're calling it 'plus' because there's like a Torah study, potluck, and something else on top of the Havdalah service. :iconchibipolandplz: Sunday, Dad's going to march in the Pride parade. Mom and I will be at a friend's party. :party: Then, Monday and Tuesday my parents will go to the retreat that's for school psychologists in the area. (Dad's a school psychologist.) Then, next Friday night we'll be at the house of our friend's Bar Mitzvah and there's a Shabbat service. Then it will be his Bar Mitzvah the next morning. :iconberwaldplz: So, fun stuff coming!:iconseakunxdplz:

No comments:

Post a Comment