Thursday, August 26, 2010

National Dog Day!

Mood::iconthailandplz:


Wahoo! Dogs are awesome!:iconwhosawesomeplz:So they deserve their day. Hopefully, there's a cat day, too?:meow:It's also Women's Equality Day. Cool!


I've been kind of busy since last time, and didn't have time to post yesterday.:iconswissplz:Went to the Hadassah event/meeting/potluck. As soon as we arrived, the hostess' dog came running up to me. Which, I like usually. As soon as people said let's head inside, it scratched my arm pretty good.:iconromanoplz:I still have the marks. It didn't make me bleed, but it broke the skin and felt like a massive burn.:onfire:It looked so apologetic, and I know it was just excited.:iconimsorryplz:So, it's not really intentional. But, it was a fine hello.:iconchibienglandplz:


The potluck was good.:iconitalyplz:We brought a tuna salad and some crackers to put it on. There was 2 different kinds of tortellini, a rather plain noodle and corn salad, coleslaw, pita and hummus, a regular salad, potato salad, and a couple more things for dinner. The hostess had made her own caramel corn. Oh, it was so good!:iconhungaryplz:I probably could have eaten the whole bowl.:iconusaplz:She also served some nasty ginger cookies for dessert.:iconwtfukplz:


Then, we had our business meeting. Which, should have been while we were eating.:iconwtfromanoplz:It ate into some of the event's time. It was about the Mah Jongg tournament we're putting up soon. The person who was planning it, went way too much into detail.:iconchibijapanplz:Eventually, she asked us if it should be $36 or $40 per person. I personally, wouldn't like to raise the price. But, then again, I don't play, so what do I know?:iconseychelles-plz:Apparently, everyone else felt the same way. So, we'll keep the price the same as last years. Sounds like we'll have a much better venue, too. It's much bigger, the place is going to cater, they'll clean up everything, too. So, we just need to worry about the game, donations, prizes, auctions, etc. :icontinoplz:


The event was our cantor, and a kid I know accompanying her on guitar, leading us in Jewish songs. Had a lot of fun singing.:sing:Some of the songs I haven't heard in years. I wanted to stay and sing longer, but the person who was nice enough to drive us, doesn't like to drive when it gets dark. Oh, well. I realized while we were there that I should have brought my clarinet and joined in.:iconpolandplz:Maybe next time. 


Oh, our president for the group was supposed to be there. A lot of people needed her that night. She didn't show up. Doesn't surprise me.:iconchibirussiaplz:Although, if something did happen, I'd worry.:iconraivisplz:First, she doesn't really want the position any more. She was forced to stay in the position, because no one wanted it. Next, she's just weird sometimes, and very disorganized.:iconnataliaplz:Nice person, though. I know all of this pretty well, because I served on the board with her last year. (I was the secretary.:iconkikuplz:) She would always skip over a lot of people's reports (not just mine). There's no structure to her meetings. Kind of grated on my nerves.:iconbraginskiplz:I'm flexible, but we weren't (and still aren't) getting much done.:iconhongkongplz:One of the many reasons why I left it.


Yesterday, I went with my parents to Seattle. First, we went to a wig shop for my dad's appointment. They were making a mold on her head, so they can figure out the perfect fit. It was rather amusing to watch her get encased with plastic wrap and tape.:iconsleepygreeceplz:The only thing I can't stand in that place is the Christian music in the background. If it's a public space, there shouldn't be any religious music.:iconohboyamericaplz:It wasn't too loud this time, so I could drown it out with my music easily. After that, we shopped a bit in the mall right next to it.:iconfrancisplz:


Then, we went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. I've been to it in different places. Like Vancouver, BC and near New York City. I didn't have dinner there before. The menu was amazingly long! (Like 20 pages long.:iconitalyishorrifiedplz:) So many choices. A lot of it looked so good.:iconchibihungaryplz:When I got a soda, it came out in a huge glass. I decided to try their Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo. It was heaven!:iconchibispainplz:Garlicky and cheesy goodness. The noodles were really good too. Chicken was slightly spiced. I couldn't finish it, because of how big the portion was and how rich the taste was. That's ok, just means I'll have a really good lunch.:iconchibisitalyplz:We got the Brownie Sundae Cheesecake. Oh, it was to die for!:iconchibifranceplz: Brownie at the base, cheesecake in the middle with chocolate chips, pretty thick layer of fudge on top of that, chocolate syrup drizzled on top, on top of that lots of whipped cream with a tiny amount of almonds, and a cherry on top. Even though my mom and I were sharing it, we still couldn't finish it. So, we have another dessert too! The service was great!:dummy:


We went to the market afterwards for fruit. I looked at the extracts to see what I could put in my water to flavor it, and wouldn't be something like Crystal Lite. (Which I found out I shouldn't have.:iconbrothercanadaplz:) I decided on a root beer one. Mom wanted an orange and a raspberry one. Sounds like it all will make pretty tasty water.


I found an awesome site called ViiKii It's like a global multi-media site. Only, they're mission is to tear down language barriers, so everyone can understand each other. And, learn about other countries and cultures. It's fascinating.:iconchibiswedenplz:Especially, for someone like me. Who loves languages and cultures. It has dramas, movies, music videos, variety shows, comedies, documentaries, and so much more. All from all over the world. There's some from Korea, Israel, the US, Russia, Japan, and many other countries. As a member, you can specify what languages you know and would like as subtitles. I chose English as my main, French as a second, Hebrew, and then Japanese. Which are probably my top languages. The first 2 I know the most, obviously.:iconchibifinlandplz:They're looking for subtitlers too. There aren't too many Hebrew ones, if I knew enough conversational, I'd jump on that.:glomp:Maybe I'll learn more of it in the future. I can read it, say it, but I might not understand half of it. I guess it's my sort of community. Can't wait to actually use it.:iconus-xdplz:


I think I decided on a flavor meme for next time. It's how an oc would react to certain foods. Like savory or sour. Sounds like a lot of fun! I'm thinking of using Ravel for this one. It looks like it would be fun to torture him.:iconenglandispervyplz:Although, he wants to become a chef, so it might be a good choice, that way too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment