Sunday, April 4, 2010

Yerushalaim Shel Zahav

Mood:Onion Emoticons


By Naomi Shemer. It's a very awesome and famous Israeli song. MSN Onion EmoticonsIn English, it's Jerusalem of Gold. This original version was from 1967. It's a very pretty song. Onion IconI've heard it for years, but I still love it. It's the 6th day of Passover! It's going fast! MSN Onion EmoticonsBy the way, I hope people who celebrate Easter (like my friends and family) had a happy one! MSN Onion Icons


Yesterday, we went to a seder at a friend's house. (Really a couple, who have been our friends for years.) They always invite us to their house for holidays like Passover, Hanukkah, New Year's, Thanksgiving, etc. We always have a fun time there too. MSN Onion IconsThey usually invite a few other people, this time it was 9 people all together. I knew everyone, but one, and she was very nice too. There was brisket, our popovers, an interesting salad with homemade vinaigrette, gefilte fish, matzah balls soup (their's are the blandest ones I've ever tasted, so you have to add some salt to it. Onion Icons), hardboiled eggs. For dessert, we had chocolate covered macaroons, chocolate chip cookies, candied fruit slices, pineapple, and decaf coffee. All of it was very good! I usually look forward to their Passover chocolate chip cookies. Onion Icons


After everyone else left, Dad decided to tell them that he's transgendered. He always gets so nervous. It's a big deal, but seems a bit much the way he goes about it sometimes. They were very accepting like I thought they would be, and asked a lot of questions, which is normal. The only problem with telling them after everyone left, was that it was so late already. I was falling asleep towards the end of dinner as it was. Onion Icon I had a lot of fun though. 


Also, I got my puppy fix with their dog Zoe. She's so cute, and wants everybody to play with her. Onion IconI think she's like 2 now. She's a German Shepherd and Husky mix. One of the cats, Butch, actually came out to see everyone. MSN Onion IconsUsually her cats are extremely skittish. Butch is a beautiful black cat. 


If you're a bit squeamish, don't read this paragraph. Onion EmoticonAt about 5, this morning, I was rudely woken up with an urge to throw up. MSN Onion EmoticonI was violently throwing up for about an hour after that, and kind of passed out when I got back into bed. MSN Onion IconI thought I would never get out of the bathroom. Onion EmoticonAlso, I couldn't breathe while it was going on. I haven't thrown up in at least a couple of years. It's pretty rare for me. I still feel incredibly weak because of it. But, oh so much better! Onion IconsI think it was something I ate, because I'm not running a fever and I'm not feeling sick anymore. It's funny, because everybody else ate the same stuff, but I was the only one who threw up. Onion Emoticons




So, today, I've been taking it very easy.Onion EmoticonsJust in case it was something more. Everyone woke up late anyways, for obvious reasons. We didn't get home until around midnight, and we still had to get ready for bed. MSN Onion Emoticon


I like the quotes from my Jewish calendar this month. MSN Onion IconsThey're kind of interesting. (Usually, there are no quotes.) Most of these are about protecting the environment and recycling. The first one is: "Not only one who cuts down food trees, but also one who smashes household goods, wantonly ruins clothes, demolishes a building, senselessly stops up a spring, or destroys food on purpose violates the negative mitzvah: do not destroy, do not waste." From Maimonides. He's a famous philosopher. MSN Onion Icon"We shall require a substantially new manner of thinking if mankind is to survive." Albert Einstein. "Don't blow it- good planets are hard to find."Onion Icon My Naruto Shippuden calendar has Itachi and Kisame on it this time. It's interesting, because they actually write down when Passover ends, and it's correct! MSN Onion IconsGood for them! MSN Onion EmoticonsThere aren't that many normal calendars who actually do that! 


Youtube:
Funny Israeli commercial:

A Greek version of Maru Kaite Chikyuu from Hetalia. Pretty good fandub! ^_^

Faces and places of Israel:

No comments:

Post a Comment