Sunday, March 28, 2010

Country From Where The Sun Rises, Zipangu

Mood:MSN Onion Icons


From the Hetalia character CD. This is one of Japan's songs, and the voice actor who sings it is Hiroki Takahashi. Zipangu was what Marco Polo called Japan. Onion IconIt's an awesome song! Sounds very traditional, what with the deer chaser (or the Shishi Odoshi. The sound of the bamboo hitting a flat rock is used to startle or scare off deer or wild animals.) sound at the beginning, and the traditional instruments. Really cool! MSN Onion Emoticons


I got a new purse yesterday! Onion IconI haven't gotten a new one in a while. I tend to wear them out, and forget about getting another one. Onion EmoticonThis one's kind of beige-ish looking. Has a long strap, and is by far the biggest purse I've ever had. Means I can stuff a lot more things in! Onion Icons


I also got new sandals. They're strappy looking, have plastic cut to look a bit like diamonds down the middle. Top part is dark brown, and bottom is somewhat tan. Kind of nice looking. MSN Onion IconsAlso, a lot more comfortable than most of the sandals I have. 


I'm thinking of starting my own garden. So, I got broccoli and Bibb lettuce starter plants. I love those! Onion IconsI can make lots of salads and stuff with them. I might grow tomatoes too. Before I actually put them in the ground I have to fix our garden area. It needs a lot of work, but I really want to do this, so it'll be worth it to me. MSN Onion Emoticon


I made matzah toffee. It's a layer of matzah, then a layer of caramel, then a layer of chocolate, and has sprinkled walnuts on top. So good! Onion IconsI can't wait to have it during the holiday! There was a little extra caramel, and it tasted so good! It was hard to get it evenly distributed between all the matzah. Also, I think I got the chocolate pretty even. I put it in the refrigerator to harden it. 


We just saw a chicken walk across our deck. Onion Emoticon SetThere is a farm behind us, but this is the first time we've seen them venture out here. Plus, they have a pen. And outside of that a wide field, then there's a barbed wire fence that separates our property from theirs. So, it's kind of amazing that it made it over. Onion IconsIt had huge feet, and tried to ram itself against a window. It walked further, and got to our screen and glass door, then stared at us. MSN Onion IconsIt's still wondering around our yard. Onion EmoticonsIt's probably going to get eaten by a dog or some other animal. Hope it finds its way home.Onion Icons


Youtube:
Really big fish!

The seder symbols song. Before you watch, there's a couple things that are off. One Charoset, it doesn't give you constipation, matzah does. Charoset just helps counteract it. Second, the egg is boiled, most people put a roasted lamb or chicken bone on the plate. We eat the egg as kind of an extra thing. The bone symbolizes the lamb's blood we put over our houses so the angel of death didn't kill our first born sons in the story. It 'passed over' us. Other than that it's a funny vid. ^_^

Woof!

Japanese Klezmer band! :D

1 comment: