Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What? Amnesia? Is that true? Tell me exactly what happened, Gintoki.

A qoute from Katsura of Gintama. :P Hi! Well, today I felt pretty good. There are weird people in our neighborhood, though. When I went for my first walk, there was a lady with her dog. The dog came running over to see me, while his owner was mouthing something. As soon as it got to me and I said hello, it barked at me. Which is ok, and kind of understandable. What I didn't know was I had been just passing their house and the lady walked right in front of me. There was all that space (like her entire driveway!) she could have used. A little bit later in that same walk, there was a couple smoking in their driveway. The guy was working on his car. Real smart to be smoking and working on your car. -_- Also, the next walk, there were these high schoolers that had parked next to a mailbox near our community tennis courts. They were smoking, and obviously skipping class. One of the guys watched me and followed me a bit, I'm guessing so I wouldn't tell anyone. I don't know why but that gave me the creeps. The rest of the day seemed ok, but weird after that. I played my clarinet pretty well today, not too many screw ups. Felt nice.

In Naruto, Shizune talked a bit more about the necklace. Supposedly it's 'cursed' and only the people who it deems worthy can wear it, otherwise they die. Only Tsunade and the First Hokage were able to wear it. Yesterday they had translated who the 2 loved ones that died wrong. It was her brother, but the other one wasn't her uncle, it was her boyfriend. (That's a big difference to me. I kind of already knew from the anime, but I thought maybe the story would be different.) Tsunade tries to kill Orochimaru when she acts like she's going to heal his arms. (By the way, that's Orochimaru in the picture. He's kind of creepy in this one.) Also, she's the strongest shinobi (ninja) in the series. She can topple buildings with one finger. Later, from the anime, Sakura trains with her and also gets extremely strong. She's also a medic ninja, usually used to heal their comrades in battle, but also can target the enemies nervous system and arteries. (Makes for awesome scenes when she uses it this way.) She ends up battling Kabuto, who's also a medic ninja, and messes with his nervous system. He'll try to move a leg and end up moving a shoulder, try to move an arm and it'll move his head. o_O I stopped right when Jiraiya and Orochimaru were about to fight.


In Gintama, the first story was about the hanami. Hanami means flower viewing, usually of cherry blossoms or sakura. In Japan it's customary to go out and have a party under the trees. You can only do this for about a week or two, since the blossoms don't last long. The night parties called Yozakura have paper lanterns out while enjoying the sakura. Anyways, Gintoki, Kagura, Shinpachi, and Otae are enjoying themselves having a picnic under the trees. The Sinsengumi show up, and Sougo suggests a game. He does the weirdest things. (I like him though, makes him unpredictable.) The game was called Hit and Cover Rock, Paper, Scissors. You play rock, paper, scissors; then whoever wins has to hit the 'loser' on the head with a 'squeaky' hammer before the person can put a helmet on. Yamazaki and Shinpachi refereed it. The first people were Kondo and Otae. Otae ended up hitting him straight through the helmet. XD The next people were Kagura and Sougo. They ended up throwing their hammers down, both wore the helmets, and started a big brawl. Neither one actually hit the other, but their fists were going nuts. :P Gintoki and Toshi were drinking all this time. When they were next, Toshi ended up doing the rock, paper, scissors part with Sadaharu (the giant dog) and Gintoki slashed down a tree thinking it was Toshi. XD This was hilarious! The next story was mainly about the Kappa. Kappa's are considered to be either a water sprite or river imp. They're really weird looking. o_O They have a beak or duck bill, seem to look a bit like a turtle, sometimes an ape type thing with webbed feet. They also have a depression at the top of their head that's filled with water. This is supposedly their source of strength. Some stories say that the depression is more like a plate. Their favorite food is cucumbers. (That's why Kappa sushi or kappamaki has cucumbers.) Although, they still prefer human children too. :P This story was about how the first Amanto, looking like a Kappa, had his ship land in a lake. In the Gintama world, when people saw him they made up the story of the Kappa. Kind of cute. :P

ふひ
For Japanese, I did the fu and hi sections. Fuiruma is film. Weird way of saying it. Fuutou means envelope. (Which for some reason the kanji isn't turning out for this word on here.) Puuru means pool. Sounds pretty close to the way we say it. Fuooku means fork. 豚肉 or butaniku means pork. (Literally pig meat.) 冬 or fuyu is winter. 古い or furui means something old. (Not a person.) 風呂 or furo means bath. 分 or fun means a minute. 東 or higashi means east. 飛行機 or hikouki means airplane. 左 or hidari means left (direction). 人 or hito means person. 病院 or byouin means hospital. 病気 or byouki means illness or sickness. (It looks like most of the words that start with byou are medical.) 昼 or hiru means noon. 昼ご飯 or hirugohan means lunch or literally midday or noon meal. :P 広い or hiroi means wide or spacious.

In Hetalia, it started with Italy showing his record book of combat. Funny thing was, the book was filled with the girls he's been with. XD Germany visits Italy, thinking how peaceful and beautiful a country it is. He tries to speak Italian to people walking around, and ends up scaring the hell out of them. Japan made special bento's for himself, Italy and Germany. For himself he made rice with a pickled plum on top. (Really not much of a lunch.) For Italy, he made pasta, chicken with tomatoes, and Zuccotto for dessert. XD (I looked up Zuccotto, and it looks rather good. It's an Italian dessert, semi- frozen chilled, made with brandy, cake and icecream. Usually in the shape of a pumpkin. Which, Zuccotto means little pumpkin in Italian. Now, I want to try it.) For Germany, he gave him a sausage on a stick. XD Later, Japan tries to make an English dish, because England tells him to. Don't remember the name, but it doesn't turn out the way it should. (It's supposed to be something like a beef and potato stew.) This is how nikujaga was invented. Which literally means meat- potato. It's got beef, potatoes, onions, soy sauce, and vegetables. The episode ends with Canada holding a bear, and it saying 'what's your name?' Obviously Canada says Canada. :P Not many of the countries notice him. After he says this Greece is in the back with a dazed look on his face and has a cat dangling from his shirt. o_O


I finally finished the episode from yesterday. Maybe my computer doesn't like this series, and only gives me a bad connection when I want to watch it. :P The lingerie burglar, or orphan monster thing ends up becoming millions of little monsters. They all merge to make a huge monster. Once destroyed it scatters the lingerie into such fine pieces it looks like it's snowing. o_O Quite a funny episode actually.


I did a few of the games on gamershood. I haven't played the games on here in a while. Thought it would be good. They have some pretty awesome escape games. The one that was the trippiest was the Cat and the Knife one. It's where you feed this cat and it just keeps growing. Eventually you give it a berry and you choose what it should eat from the fridge. The first time I told it to eat the icecream, and it took me underwater. Where the cat gathered a bunch of seafood, piled it on the car and drove away on the beach. o_O The next one I think was just ice or something and took me to a maze in the mountains. The last one I did, I gave him the beer. This was hilarious! He rocketed off into space looking really drunk. After landing on the moon, the only option was to scratch at the Earth, and eventually he destroyed it. O_O They get the weirdest, but most interesting games. I also played a bit of the Naruto Shippuuden game on Facebook. I'm at level 10 now.

Hopefully, tomorrow there won't be too many weird people out there when I walk. :P Also, hope to draw some more. I can't believe we only have until Friday night for Rosh Hashanah. It's the Jewish new year. It'll be 5770. Kind of a crazy number for a year. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment