Sunday, September 6, 2009

Hello students, today I got lost on the road of life.

This is Kakashi quote from Naruto. :P Hi! I'm still sick. Wahoo! -_- But, I forced myself to get up early and get most of the things I've been neglecting done. Since I hadn't played for a while I sounded really rusty on my clarinet. Of course it could have also been that I keep forgetting to get a screw for my ligature. :P




Interestingly, WSU made it on TV Japan yesterday. (Forgot about it, until our local news station did something on it too.) They think that WSU has had the worst case of outbreaks on college campuses in the US so far. This would be the H1N1 flu, or 'swine' flu. Since opening for classes (not very long ago) about 2000 students are confirmed to have it. I'm so glad I'm not there now. ^_^ They also said it's been about 200 students a day. Some of the other students who may have it, don't realize they have it. So, it could be an even greater number. o_O They're telling these students to stay in their dorm rooms, and not go to classes until they've been 24 hours without a fever. That would really suck. Missing a day is enough to feel so behind there.


In the Naruto manga I read about Itachi and Kisame trying to kidnap Naruto. It failed, because of Jiraiya's technique where he can make any area (like a room or even a whole building) into Gamabunta's stomach. (Frog boss.) This started to dissolve them and close in around them. Somehow Itachi made a large hole and got away. Now, they're on the way to see Tsunade. She's known as the 'legendary sucker' of gambling. (She earned the title 'Legendary Sanin', but no one remembers that as much, until later.)


In reading Gintama I got to Katsura's first appearance. He's seen as almost a begger outside of the Inu Amanto embassy. (Inu meaning dog, and the Amanto are the aliens that come down and take over Edo.) Shinpachi, Gintoki, and Kagura were thinking they were sending the last piece of mail a 'dying' mailman had. They found out it was a bomb after it exploded at the embassy. Katsura planned it all out. The yorozuya (Gintoki, Shinpachi, and Kagura) get wrongly accused as terrorists. The shinsengumi appear too. Although, mostly showing just Hijikata and Sougo. (Shisengumi- cops of Edo.) Katsura introduces his 'terrorist group' the Jyoushi, which means people who protect the country from foreigners. Jyoue for short. When Gintoki fought in the war against Amanto he was called the white demon. After a thorough investigation the Shinsengumi let the Yorozuya free. Of course right after that there's a prisoner who just broke out of jail and makes Gintoki drive a police car, with Kagura as a hostage. He's the father of Otsuu, the pop idol. All he wanted to do was fulfill his daughter's promise. That he would go to her first concert and give her flowers. He was in jail for murder, but he seems to still care about his daughter. (I think later in the story, he was actually wrongly accused.) Shinpachi's fanclub for Otsuu show up too.

日本語

In Japanese, I worked on the negative verb forms. (The Japanese at the top of this paragraph means the Japanese language or Nihongo.) Also, looked a bit at the example JLPT for level 4. Might print it out eventually.


Apparently, I'm all caught up and the anime I'm watching. So, no new episodes. I decided to look around for another anime. After a while I landed on Mai- HiME. I thought I've seen some pretty cool AMV's on it, so maybe I should watch it. The first episode is about a girl named Mai who's on a ferry to her new high school. Her brother is very ill and forgets to take his meds, but wanted to come with her. Mai has always been able to see a red star next to the moon, that no one else sees. These weird girls pop out of nowhere fighting, and end up sinking the ship. They have odd powers though. Mai realizes that she might have something similar to what they have. Very interesting so far. ^_^


For games I played Fate. I'm all the way down to the 11th level of the dungeon and still haven't died. :P Most people die within the first like 5 levels of it. I think my pet 'Tasha' (yes after my cat) is stronger than me. I guess that's good because I can let her investigate things. ^_^" I managed to get up to 'town legend' for my reputation. Kind of cool. (By the way in the picture above death is in the background, deciding your 'fate'. Very creepy!)


For cleaning I cleaned out my desk drawer that I use so much. There were things from 3 years ago in there. I think I also found one of my high school transcripts too. (At the least 6 years old.) It was weird. Brought back odd memories too. :P Now, there's barely anything in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment