Thursday, September 3, 2009

I have new eyes!

Hehehe... Well, new contacts. XD They're my actual prescription and made for astigmatism. Hi! I feel better today! I can see a lot better too! No more trying to focus my eyes, it's mostly clear normally now. It feels weird to me. Who knows I might be better than the 20/15 that I was on my last eye exam. :P Craziness!

I joined another religious discussion guild last night on Gaia. The funny thing was the person that ran the other guild about tolerance was on there. I thought she'd be tolerant and respectful towards my views. But, instead she had it in her mind that you can't pick and choose what you want to follow. I have a hard time trying to explain my views in general to some of the Christian people I know anyways. In Reform Judaism, you're aloud to think on your own and pick what seems right to you. That's one of the reasons it's considered a more 'liberal' look at Judaism. Anyways, I was telling her I was thinking of implementing some of the Orthodox customs and laws into my life. She said, basically it would be an insult to Orthodox people if I did so. Not really true, at least with some of the Orthodox I've known, it's almost like they want you to become like them. This 'discussion', more like a one- sided argument on her side, went on for a while. I always try to see it through the other person's eyes and figure out why they think the way they do. I was a little puzzled about her. She seemed just angry with me. Maybe she was having a bad day or something.

I watched some of Good Morning Japan. They were talking about the polar icecaps melting, and how it's a global issue. I understood most of it! Wahoo! :D It was awesome! Oh, and today I was going to watch a thing called Dog and Cat Cafe, but we were too busy and didn't make it home on time. It's about people's pets and showing the funny or cute videos of them. Also, they bring in shelter animals. I saw some of the videos online, they really have some cute ones. There's one where a cat (rather fat or large) was put on a floating thing and put into the pool. It stayed there for a while. Then, it jumped out of it and swam out of the pool. There was another where a dog was hitting a beach ball back and forth to its owner with its nose. That was rather funny. :P

We were out for large portion of the day, so wasn't able to do much else. I checked to see if Prey was working on my computer. It was working fine and then at certain points it freezes. I looked online and read that it's really the program itself that has a problem. Apparently, it's very buggy. Kind of makes me sad. I tried downloading a patch that was supposed to clear it up, but it didn't really work. Oh well, maybe I'll try another time. For the time being I have Fate working, and that's a pretty cool game. Mom's leaving tomorrow afternoon to go to Camp Kesher. It's a Jewish camp with many different fun activities and workshops. I love it, but the congregation paid for her to go, and we didn't really have the money for any of us to go during the registration period. So, she'll get to have some fun. She deserves it. :P Also, Dad's going to Bumbershoot on Sunday, I think. He's meeting up with someone he knows online. Should be interesting. I like Bumbershoot too, but it's usually too crowded for me. (My panic attacks start kicking in. :P I kind of have agoraphobia. Which is a fear of large crowds, also referred to as 'market fear'. I usually can control it, but with that many people it gets difficult.) Bumbershoot is a music and arts festival in Seattle. Having people like comedians, having films, writers, and dancers also. I think that's where we saw one of my favorite bands perform, called Cake. Also, we've seen Taj Mahal there. Sheryl Crow, De La Soul, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Jason Mraz, Wyatt Cenac, Black Eyed Peas, Franz Ferdinand, and so much more will be there this year. That's the big headliners that people might know. :P Sounds like he should have a fun time. Well, maybe tomorrow I'll get back to work on things. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment