Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Black Water

By Nobuo Uematsu. Hi! I need to start adding more songs to my playlist. Tried using another playlist (from a different site), but apparently it was so old that they erased all my songs. :( I didn't sleep very well last night, so I slept in. I wasn't able to do very much, so this will be a short post. ;)

Last night my parents were invited to a thing at the Seattle Art Museum. They were showcasing art from Michelangelo (mostly sketches of some of his works) and Calder (who's famous for his mobiles, jewelry, and scupltures). My parents liked the art from Calder more, since the other one was mostly just sketches. It sounds like it would have been fun to see. :D

Since I was alone for dinner, I attempted to make an omelette. (Dad doesn't eat cheese or eggs.) I made it with chopped celery, broccoli, olives, cheese, eggs (obviously), and some spices. (Garlic, paprika, and dill mixed in with the eggs.) When I went to flip the egg over to make an 'omelette' it just wouldn't overlap or close. XD So, I made it into sort of a scramble. It came out really tasty though. :P

日本語
First regular grammar section problem:
わたしは きょう 6時に 会社___  出ます。
English: Today my company leaves ___ 6 o'clock.
Options: を, と, が, or で. I chose the particle で or de which indicates location of action, at, in, time of action, or by. So, in this situation it can be used to mean 'at'. So, the sentence would be Today my company leaves at 6 o'clock in English. The next one:
目の 中に ごみ___ 入って、いたいです。
English (roughly): Come, look inside ___ trash it hurts. (Sounds really bizarre, I don't know how trash can hurt. :P) Options: を, が, に, or で. I chose を or wo which indicates direct object of action, and can be used to mean 'the'. So revised English: Come, look inside the trash it hurts. (Again, still weird. :D) I'll post the next problem section tomorrow. :P

Well, only 4 days until Halloween! We still haven't gotten candy for the kids. My parents will probably be gone still, so I'll have to hand it out if we get some. They're going to a conference on the other side of the state starting Thursday, and might arrive late on Saturday. I'm going to figure out a variation on the custume from last year. I was a fire demon. XD The kids seemed to like it. I had devil horns, my hair had red hairspray in it, a black and red boa (made it look like a dark fire around me), a red shirt, black pants, red devil tail, and red long dangly earings. I'll see what I can make with that and some other things lying around. :P I love to dress up, but I don't feel as into it this year. I'll probably just watch horror movies all night, while handing out the candy. It's one of my favorite holidays! What's better than candy, dressing up, and horror movies?

No comments:

Post a Comment