Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Do Something Nice Day

Mood::iconchibigreeceplz:


People actually need to be told this?:icongermanyplz:And for just one day? Sounds kind of sad, but at least people will remember to do it. Yesterday was also World Teachers Day. They deserve a lot of credit, and at least one day.:salute:So, good for them that they get at least a little recognition! Today's Mad Hatter Day! I'm not very into hats, although I'm trying to get more interested. Maybe I should found a funky one. I forgot to post the holidays that are a month long!:wow:I like to post holidays about things we might take for granted, are good causes, are just for fun, or international holidays. Makes life interesting.:iconchibisitalyplz:It's: Adopt a Shelter Dog Month, Awareness Month, Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Domestic Violence Awareness Month, Apple Month, World Blindness Awareness Month, National Caramel Month, National Chili Month, and Sausage Month. Interesting mix of holidays. 


It's been pretty cold, yet sunny, today.:iconwtfromanoplz:Started to get cold enough, it was time to put my fan and sandals away. Kind of sad.:iconpolandplz:It took me a while to fall asleep last night, because I just couldn't get warm.:sleep:Then, once I was, I didn't want to get up. Go me!:iconyaykumajiroplz:So, I got up a bit late. I guess it was ok, since I got up early (by accident) a couple of days ago. 


Kesher finally put the second application up, for Birthright Israel.:iconlachoirplz:I didn't have a problem with it until I got to the health insurance questions. So, I stopped there, because I need to make sure I have the right info.:iconhongkongplz:I gave them 8 different trip preferences. Just so I have a higher chance of going. They were all the ones for the 22-26 year old age group. They told me on the Birthright site that there might be groups leaving from LA to Israel. But, now it's just through either Philly or NYC.:iconchibienglandplz:I'd rather go through NYC. But, it's much further for me. LA would have been so much easier. It seems with big organizations, they only think of the east coast.:iconromanoplz:Seatac would have been even better. And, it's a huge international airport. I know Kesher has a site/office in Seattle. So, it doesn't make sense to me.:iconchibijapanplz:Oh well. Supposedly, during the next week and a half, they're going to offer a trip from the selection. So, we'll know our status by then. If I'm reading it correctly. They're starting the phone interviews now. And, they say it may take several weeks to get around to everyone. I'm a little nervous about it, though. I know I probably shouldn't be, but I am.:iconchibilithuaniaplz:


I watched Ghost Friends on Monday, and Untouchable yesterday. Both are pretty good so far. And, Untouchable's getting really intense.:iconchibiswedenplz:I like the way the storyline's going. 



We went to Costco last night!:dummy:I haven't been in a while. I'm still surprised at how much stuff I like there. I used to hate the place.:iconswissplz:Some of the stuff we find can last us for at least 3 months. They're good deals, and pretty good quality. We had their polish hot dogs and shared a berry sundae for dinner. It was really good.:iconchibispainplz:Got more hummus, teriyaki chicken bowls, lots of bagels, a huge crate of oranges, huge thing of chicken breasts, some sesame BBQ beef short ribs, Panko breaded tilapia (It lasts for a few meals), huge bags of frozen peas and corn, huge thing of green beans, those really good tortilla chips, and a lot more. (That's just off the top of my head.:iconseychelles-plz:


The only problem was they didn't have any usable scooter things.:iconlietplz:One was 'out of order' and the other 2 were in use.:iconwtfukplz:She can't be on her feet for too long. Eventually, we got a wheelchair for her. Only it was very awkward.:iconkikuplz:She would steer the cart, and I'd push both her and the cart. Just a workout going down a couple of aisles like that. (Especially, when the cart started to get heavy.:iconbraginskiplz:) For part of it, we decided to leave the cart somewhere, and I'd wheel her around. When we found something, I'd run back to the cart and back to her. So, it was still a workout, but not as awkward. By the time we got to the checkout, I was really wiped out.:faint:But, I still had to put the stuff on the belt. The cashier was extremely rude to my mom, when she told her how upset she was about how there were only 3 scooters. Really only 2. We told one of the people at the door and they directed her to somebody else, while I took the cart out to the car and unloaded it. They were surprised that an employee would act that way. They told Mom that she should fill out a comment card about the scooters. They said if they don't have enough customers saying they need more, they won't get more.:iconusaplz:So, when we finally got home, I still had to lug the stuff in and put it all away. I was so tired. But, I probably worked off that hot dog.:iconchibipolandplz:


Youtube:
A very fitting tribute to Gintoki from Gintama.:iconeatparfaitplz:I miss this anime, and hope it comes back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment