Sunday, August 30, 2009

Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead.

A Benjamin Franklin quote. XD Hi! I'm still feeling pretty sick. Well, the dinner was fun last night. Vivian's cat kept coming out begging for attention. It was cute. We brought some garlic bread, Val and Dave brought homemade pickles for dinner and a jar for us to take, Vivian made salmon, salad, some odd tasting mashed potatoes and the yam kind too, and some squash. I think the only things I liked for the dinner was the salmon, pickles, and the bread we brought. :P For dessert, Val and Dave brought some chocolate ganache with things like marshmellows, apricots, and raspberries to dip in it. Kind of like fondue. That was really tasty! :D Of course in the middle of dessert, I had a coughing attack. I thought that would be it for the night. After trying to sleep, I had a horrible cough. Every once in a while it got so bad I thought I would either throw up (normal) or throw up blood. Eventually these coughs turned into something that sounded like barking. Also, my throat felt like someone stuffed a wet cotton swab down my throat, and at the same time like someone was strangling me. After getting up, I tried to put my contacts in, but they were too painful, so I said I'm going without them today. I think last night one of them scratched my cornea, because it was painful and there was like a chunk of something on it. It wasn't there before I put it in, so it can't be random dirt. So, right now things are very blurry and I might not type very well. Also, I called the consulting nurse this morning about my cough, and she said that I probably needed to go to urgent care. She thinks it might be whooping cough or pneumonia. Sure enough, later I felt much better, and I don't think I need to go to urgent care after all. Today, I also figured out most of the common verb forms for Japanese. All the ones that were on the list from a website. I used the verb 'to meet' or 'au' for each example and what it would be converted into for the many different forms. I think I understand it now. I'm nervous though, because I only have less than 100 days to practice and prepare for the JLPT. :P They actually have a countdown on one of the websites I'm a part of. I also played some games, because my eyes were getting a bit tired. I hope I get the new contacts tomorrow. :D If this lasts any longer I'll feel even more sick. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment