Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Memory is the diary that we all carry about with us.

An Oscar Wilde quote. It was pretty warm today! Well, today I went for my eye appointment contacts. I'm always scared that I'm going to do the tests wrong, and get the wrong prescription. Apparently, my eyes are so bad they didn't have the presription in the samples. So, we got a the closest one. It was weird when he put my lenses in first. Everything was kind of blurry and I couldn't get it to sit right. After a while it was better. It took me about a half hour to get it out of one eye and put it back in. My eyes kind of feel dryer with these things in. And since they're not my presription, they blur a little. I look a lot different now. Supposedly, people can see my eyes more this way. I have to wait until next week to get my prescription. This should be interesting. I'm going to probably need help the entire time with putting them in and out. I think people who saw me a couple of years ago without the long hair and with glasses won't recognize me anymore. I also think people that I see a lot of will be surprised.

I was really tired (I think because of the eye strain last night so I slept in. I managed to put the Japanese font on my mom's computer so I can see it. She helped with putting the Japanese in the language bar. So, now I can read it and type it. I think what I'm going to do is type up more from the vocab list I have written down, expand on it (find kanji, more definitions, etc.) and then print it out, and erase the file when I'm done. This way it's gone from Mom's computer and I have a hard copy. But, this means almost starting the process from the beginning. Maybe I'll go faster this time. I also found some useful things to print out from the MLC. (Megumi Language Center of Japan. [?]) Things that explain the grammar that can't really be explained in English. Such as the wa's, ni's, o's, ga's, etc. they add to the end of some words. Also, they had some quizzes and the answers to them that I printed off. It sounds fun to me! Well, I'm not going to write much today because of the contacts.

No comments:

Post a Comment