Saturday, August 29, 2009

Shabbat Shalom! ^_^

Hi! Sorry for not posting yesterday. My new computer (Dad's old one) was having internet problems. It was rather ironic that it started having having 'issues' when Dad walked into my room. Ironic because he was telling me how the internet connection was so bad when he had this computer and it was working fine until he came in. Pretty funny actually. It's like it knew. :P Well, all day yesterday I was getting rid of these huge programs on my new computer. It's funny because my laptop's memory could only hold at most 2.7 GB. (Yeah, not an even number like the rest of it's series, kind of sucked.) This one has 70 GB. It's so huge! I'm really not used to that much. Now, I can do things like install my games and all those wonderful documents I saved from my laptop and still have a ton of room on it. This is awesome!

I'm still sick, although I think it might be the tail end. Usually, when I get sick, I end up coughing a lot and sneezing. Like my body is trying to get rid of what's left anyway it can. The hard part is when I sneeze, it's with so much force, I feel like my ribs are going to crack. Hence, why I hate sneezing. Plus, people think that something odd is happening like I'm dying or something. o_O Also, because I'm sick the stupid contacts are having a hard time fusing, so things seem a bit blurry.

We went to the Friday night service, our congregation barely ever does a Friday night service. There were only about 7 people that showed up. The 2 stories Laura (I think that's her name) talked about were interesting. One was about a painter who was painting a boat and noticed a leak and fixed it. He didn't charge for it because he didn't think it was a big deal. Later, he finds out that the owner of the boat thought that it still had a leak and had let his children go off fishing or something just before. When the owner realized the kids were fine, and the leak had been fixed, he gave the painter a bigger paycheck than what he was expecting. Of course the painter didn't know why and asked. The owner said since you saved the lives of my children you deserve something more. That was a cool story. The other one was about this couple who had bought a huge chandelier. It was too big to be just hanging from the ceiling, so they made a hole that went up to the attic and tyed a large rope around it. A guy who was invited to their house was in the attic looking for a string and saw the rope. He decided to take a little of it as string. Low and behold the whole thing fell and broke their table. (Not to mention it almost killed the people below.) These stories are how the smallest acts can become either huge catastrophes or saving peoples lives. That no small action is too little to affect things. Kind of an interesting concept. Also, there was a dessert potluck afterwards. We had bought a cookies and cream cake, someone made blackberry empanadas, oatmeal raisin cookies, and something else that I can't remember. All of which were very good. I can't believe the High Holy Days are coming up next month. I don't think I'm ready. :P

After that we watched Eureka. This time it was about these things that I think were called memory balls. They were supposed to be used by projecting your memories into these balls and have them recorded for a time capsule. But, of course something had to go wrong. (That's why I love this series, it would be boring if things worked the way they were supposed to.) Fargo did something that erased the memory of everyone who had used the balls. This was rather hilarious at times. One being the chef didn't really know how to make his specials anymore, people didn't know where they were, they also didn't remember what they just said. It was like that goldfish analogy, where the goldfish goes up to like a fake plant and goes oh that's new. 5 seconds later goes back to the plant, oh that's new, and it keeps going. :P I liked the part where the pregnant lady (Allison ?)who runs GD (Global Dynamics) looked at her belly and said 'when did that happen?'. That was hilarious! XD It was surprising, in this episode eventually Fargo saves everyone's memory. Of course, Carter really saved everyone by accidentally leaving his pager somewhere and calling for help. His daughter and Tess found it and helped them. He always seems to save the day in some way. In a way I think he's smarter than all those scientists in common sense.

We watched Psych after that. This one was about a priest who believed in demonic possession, and that a student at his Catholic school used that against him. He had Parkinson's and therefore had the meds for it. His student had given another student these meds, but since she didn't have Parkinson's it made it look like she was possessed. Eventually, that girl killed herself by jumping off a building. The one that planned the whole thing was just trying to get the girl who died's boyfriend. In order to pull it off though she faked being possessed, so the priest would see. Kind of a crazy story, but there was a ton of the Exorcist parodies. It was great! XD

Today, I got rid of some programs again. I also put some of the favorites I had up before on here. I just tranferred what I had on my flashdrive. So, that's really nice. Now, I just need to redownload some of the photos I had on image hosts. It's getting closer to what I want it to be like. ^_^ I watched the new episode of Naruto Shippuuden today too. Not much to say about this one but there was a ton of cool fighting scenes. I thought it cool that one of the jutsus of Deidara is one where the little bombs are inhaled and attack the body on a cellular level. That was awesome! It looks like Deidara at the end became a suicide bomber. He said his ultimate art was turning himself into art, and blew himself up hoping to kill Sasuke along with himself. But, we don't know if either of them died because they just showed the explosion. Also, yesterday we bought a Japanese bread called Mushi pan. We got the brown sugar version. They describe it as a steamed bread with like an egg custard mixed in. It's also usually flattened. It's very good, kind of soft but very good. My mom and I had some as a snack today. ^_^ Tonight, we're going to Vivian's place for dinner a long with Val and Dave. All are pretty close friends of ours. Should be fun. :P

Youtube:


No comments:

Post a Comment