Thursday, January 7, 2010

Soramimi Cake


Or Cake of Mishearing from the Azumanga Daioh soundtrack by Oranges and Lemons. Azumanga Daioh is a hilarious anime! Mostly it shows the everyday lives of a group of high school girls and 2 of their teachers. Chiyo- who's a child prodigy being only 10 years old. Sakaki- obsessed with cute things who seem to hate her. Osaka- Spaces out most of the time and has an odd view on the world. Yomi- smart and always worrying about her weight. Also, always annoyed by her friend. Tomo- extremely energetic, but lacks any sense. (Yomi's annoying best friend.) Kagura- athlete, who thinks her rival is Sakaki. (Sakaki's good at everything, but seems oblivious to what people think of her.) Yukari- the girls' homeroom teacher, who's lazy, is always betting against her friend, and is a horrible driver. Minamo- Yukari's friend, and the girls' PE teacher. I've read some of the manga too, and it's just as funny. XD I've read another one of his mangas called Yotsubato. (Meaning, Yotsuba and...) It's pretty funny too. I'm still waiting for the next chapter of that one, it's been a while. :( You just have to read that one, hard to explain. :P

The picture at the top is my January wallpaper. It's when Sougo was a kid, and Toshi and Kondo were much younger. Sougo hasn't changed much in personality. XD Toshi cut his hair and Kondo changed his hairstyle a bit. Toshi and Sougo were both taken in by Kondo, because they had no where else to go. After creating the Shinsengumi, the only officers were Toshi, Sougo, and himself. My whole 'internal' clock was off today, because I had a horrible night and got up late. Started with tossing and turning. Then, after settling down, I felt hot then cold. It went back and forth like that for a while. Eventually, I thought my nose sounded like my cell phone which I have set to vibrate. (It's also my alarm.) So, every few minutes I'd look over at my phone, but it wasn't actually going off. After finally falling asleep, my alarm went off. I was way too tired by then to wake up, so I slept a couple more hours. Those last couple of hours, were like the best sleep I had in weeks. O.O Definitely a weird night and morning. ;)

日本語
I went through the new ほ or ho, へ or he, and the ふ or fu sections. 貿易 or boueki- trade (foreign). 放送 or housou- to broadcast. 法律 or houritsu- law. 僕 or boku- I or me (masculine form). 星 or hoshi- star or any light- emitting (or reflecting) heavenly body (except for the sun and the moon.) 程 or hodo- limit, degree, or extent. 殆ど or hotondo- almost, hardly, or mostly. 褒める or homeru- to praise or to admire. 翻訳 or honyaku- to translate. 別に or betsuni- nothing, (not) particularly, or separately. ベル or beru- bell. :P 変 or hen- strange or weird. 返事 or henji- to respond or to answer. 増える or fueru- to increase or multiply. 深い or fukai- deep or profound. 複雑 or fukuzatsu- complicated or complex. 復習 or fukushuu- to review. 普通 or futsuu- normally or usually. 葡萄 or budou- grape. (To me it looks kind of like the things the vines grow on in a vineyard. Could be wrong, but I guess it helps me. XD) 太る or futoru- to gain weight. 布団 or futon- futon (quilted Japanese-style mattress laid out on the floor). 船 or fune- boat or ship. 不便 or fuben- inconvenience. 踏む or fumu- to step on. プレゼント or purezento- present. (If you sound it out, it does sound similar.) 文化 or bunka- culture or civilization. 文学 or bungaku- literature. 文法 or bunpou- grammar.

I also changed the way my avatar looks on Gaia. No more cat or fox ears, and a lot more 'Japanese' looking. Has a purple kimono, a jeweled belt, tabi (split at the toe- traditional) socks, blue strapped wooden sandles, purple jeweled earrings, a Japanese flag print on her fan, an ume flower pin in her hair, a different pose, and even a different smile. To me, she's a totally different looking avatar. XD I got tired of my old avatar. So, I saved her outfit and found random things for this one. At first, I didn't like the way it turned out, now I do. :3 I made her mouth open much wider than before I guess to add a bit of humor. :D That was kind of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment