Friday, November 20, 2009

Stairway Generation

By Base Ball Bear on the Gintama Soundtrack. Hi! I felt a lot better today. ^_^ My mom was prescribed new pills to help with her stomach pains yesterday. They worked wonders and now she's feeling pretty good too.

For Japanese, I looked over more of my vocab list. I think it was nice to review since I got a little confused with a couple of words. (The ones that have more than one meaning. :P) I kept hearing the word かんじ or kanji on TV Japan. The only thing that came to mind when they said that was the Chinese characters they use as a symbol for a word. For instance, one would be 国 or kuni (くに in Hiragana) which means country. But, I had forgotten that there are many meanings for the word kanji. (And many different kanji symbols for them.) Another meaning is feeling, sense, or impression. It could also mean organizer, smiling (which I remembered that they have a 'word' for the 'sound' a smile makes, niconico, but it's not actually the word for smiling. :P), government business, the Kanji era, manager, and more. Most of the time, I've heard that it means a feeling or impression. かみ or kami has many meanings too. It means G-d or spirit, hair, paper, seasoning, delicious taste, and more. I have to remember the context of things more. :P I also, just for fun, translated part of a website into English. It's a Japanese shop online called Rakuten. It's really a very interesting place. They sell their own brand names, and some other popular ones in Japan. They have a wide variety of merchandise, which was kind of fun to look at. ^_^ Things like clothes, musical instruments, food, computers, gardening tools, pet food and supplies, and more. Most of the stuff was extremely expensive! (Although, once I realized the food was like 16 packages per order, I realized that wasn't too bad. But, the clothes were outrageous!) They even had anime products. Really nice to look at but I wouldn't buy from them. XD Their English was hilarious! I'm glad I could understand a lot of it in Japanese, because most of the English didn't make sense.

Next month I get to see my grandparents! Wahoo! Haven't seen them in a very long time. They called to see what we like to eat, and about the sleeping arrangements. It was kind of sad to tell my grandpa that I don't eat sweet potatoes, because he was going to make his famous candied ones. I wish I loved it, really I do. But, it tastes nasty to me. They were surprised to hear I get up early now. They said it's probably best that they had planned for me to sleep downstairs, anyways. No one will be woken up, at the wrong times, this way. Also, they can't make anything where the main ingredients are either cheese (or dairy) or eggs. My dad doesn't like either one. He'll have them mixed up in things, though. Also, I've never been to Florida! So this should be fun! XD

Youtube:
Poor Sensei

No comments:

Post a Comment