Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Salami Day!

Mood::iconberwaldplz:


Yay! I love beef salami!:dummy:(Can't eat the ones mixed with pork, for obvious reasons.:iconhongkongplz:) Such good stuff! Makes me hungry just thinking about it.:iconromajiplz:It was still colder than normal today.:iconwtfukplz:I had such a hard time sleeping.:sleep:I barely got any in, and next thing I know I hear my alarm go off.:iconbraginskiplz:I said, you know I really need to get some sleep, and turned over. Which, actually was great (and healthy) that I could get some sleep, but I had forgotten I had a lot of stuff I wanted to do today.:iconusaplz:Oh well. 


Since it would be easier to see both on one day, I called to reschedule my therapist and psychiatrist appointments. It sounded like the receptionist was a bit confused about it.:icontinoplz:But, we managed to find times that both were free on the same day. Sometimes, that's difficult to do. So, wahoo!:iconchibiamericaplz:It'll be like killing 2 birds with one stone.:iconhappychinaplz:


Mom made a really awesome chicken salad for lunch. Its got canned chicken, craisins, mayo, some honey, and celery mixed together. It was tasty!:iconhungaryplz:I got all the parts translated in the 1st step of how to cook the udon. I just have to put it all together, and make a coherent sentence.:iconkikuplz:


Mom's going to make the honey cake this year for Rosh Hashanah. That's always awesome.:iconchibispainplz:Its got chocolate, honey, coffee (triple strength- whoa!:iconenglandispervyplz:), orange peel, and some other stuff. I decided, since she only has energy to make the cake this year, I'll make the teiglach. I'm a little nervous about it, though.:iconchibilithuaniaplz:It'll be the first time I've made it. It's dough pieces cooked in a honey, orange zest (usually lemon), and ginger sauce or syrup. Then, you put walnuts on top. It turns into a really sticky gooey mess. But, it's oh so good!:iconfrancisplz:While it sits for a while in the honey, sometimes it gets really hard. It's almost like you can break your teeth on the stuff.:iconsleepygreeceplz:It's so worth it, though. We just went to the store to get everything, plus something for tonight, and tomorrow night. We're having something simple tonight, since both Mom and I are going to be cooking for the holiday. It's ravioli and some pasta sauce in a jar. The sauce we found sounds really good.:iconitalyplz:They call it garlic roasted garlic. What's better than garlic on top of garlic? Tomorrow, will be my mom's famous stuffed cabbage. That stuff is awesome!:iconheroamericaplz:It's a recipe from my great great aunt Bessie. (I think that was her name.:confused:) So, its been in the family for a while.:iconchibifinlandplz:That means, I'll have to continue that tradition eventually.:iconraivisplz:It's kind of a sweet and sour dish. There's a rice, beef, raisin sort of mixture inside the cabbage, cooked in a tomato based sauce. I don't remember everything that's in it, though. Can't wait to have it again!:iconspainplz:We'll have to eat it early, and quickly get to services.:iconchibicanadaplz:The shofar will be blasted, and I think there are going to be a few guest musicians. There's a lot of other awesome things in the service too.:iconchibisitalyplz:Then, it's the tasty dessert potluck.:iconseychelles-plz:The next day, there's services in the morning, and Tashlich. Tashlich (in English: casting off) is where we go to a natural body of flowing water and toss bread crumbs in. It symbolizes us 'casting off' our sins from last year and starting with a blank slate for the new year. We usually go to a really interesting pier with lots of starfish and different species of birds. Really kind of pretty, too.:iconchibihungaryplz:While we throw the crumbs out, we sing songs and watch the birds go after them. It's kind of fun.:iconeestiplz:

No comments:

Post a Comment