Thursday, September 2, 2010

New York, New York

Mood::icondenmarkgrinplz:


By Frank Sinatra. Another classic!:iconfrancisplz:By the way, it's quite an awesome city! I loved it when I visited several years ago with my high school band. We were nominees for the Golden Apple Awards (I think that's what it was called) against other high school bands from around the world. (Chile, Japan, etc.) We played at Central Park's Naumburg Bandshell and Carnegie Hall.:iconeduardplz:Oh man, it was the best!:iconhungaryplz:I don't think I slept for a week straight! We went to so many things. Plus, I saw a few of my relatives who live next to the area. We won a couple of awards. It was by far better, to me, than prom would have been.:iconenglandispervyplz:





Today's been really nice. In the low 70's.:iconchibicanadaplz:I feel a lot better mood wise too. I think I was pushing myself too much.:icontinoplz:Mom made that awesome frittata! It was so good.:iconitalyplz:I think it might have been the first time I've had it. This one obviously has egg for the base, sweet red peppers, chopped onions, lots of fresh oregano, and feta on top. It looks like a pizza almost. So tasty! I helped with putting it in the oven and taking it out. She's not supposed to be near the heat, that's why they told her not to cook.:iconkikuplz:


I got up late today, but I think I needed it. Because, I feel really refreshed.:dummy:So, naturally, I didn't get a lot done. I mostly was fixing up my calendar on Yahoo, and started one through Google. I think I like the Google calendar more. Seems to have a lot more features.:iconusaplz:There's a lot of stuff coming up, and I didn't have any of it down. 


I can't believe Rosh Hashanah starts on the night of the 8th.:iconitalyishorrifiedplz:It's our New Year's. Also, the beginning of our High Holy Days. We're supposed to eat sweets, for a sweet new year. Apples dipped in honey is a very common symbolism for it. Plus, they're good.:iconheroamericaplz:We sometimes make a honey cake or some teiglach. Teiglach is like little hard nuggets of dough smothered and cooked in honey. We also add some orange peel and some nuts. It's so good, but leaves such a mess!:iconseychelles-plz:People have told us that they've never had it before we started bringing it. It's a big thing on the East coast, apparently. There's more to the holiday, but I'll say more when we get closer to it. 


After that, it's the start of Yom Kippur, only 9 nights later. It's a day for atonement, and most people fast during it. I can't because of my meds. I want to so badly, though!:iconpolandplz:Then, it's Sukkot a few days later! It's a harvest festival that lasts for a week. Whoa! So many that are coming up!:iconchibipolandplz:And they're earlier than normal on the regular calendar.


I also read somewhere that the new Fall anime season's starting soon. Should be interesting. Also, one of the new ones is going to be Letter Bee Reverse, which is the second season of it. I thought there would only be one.:iconchibijapanplz:I have to finish it soon, then. I'll look up other ones, too. It's more like giving me options for what to watch when I finish the ones I'm on. So, that I don't have to go through any large lists or something. Plus, it's good to be kept up to date with things, even if I don't watch some of the shows.:iconchibisitalyplz:


I'm also slimming down my playlist, because there's some songs I really am tired of. Others, are still awesome!:iconprussiaplz:I'll just have to get more great ones, to replace the ones I'm taking out. 


For dinner, I made salmon with a melted margarine, lemon juice, and dill sauce, with capers on top. Some steamed broccoli and mashed potatoes as sides. I put chives, garlic, and a little pepper in the potatoes. All of it turned out so tasty! I surprised myself.:iconchibihungaryplz:First time cooking salmon! And, everyone else liked it too. 


Youtube:
A funny Rosh Hashanah song:

No comments:

Post a Comment