Monday, September 13, 2010

International Chocolate Day!

Mood::iconeestiplz:


What's better than chocolate?:iconprussiaplz:Awesome that it has its own day. Nice excuse to have it.:iconenglandispervyplz:It's also Fortune Cookie Day. Hmmm... Chocolate and fortune cookies, sounds good to me.:iconitalyplz:It was about 10 degrees warmer than yesterday. Much closer to our norm. 


Today was the start of registration for the Birthright Israel Trip. At least, for previous applicants. New ones can apply tomorrow.:iconheroamericaplz:I'm registered for it. I tried a couple of years ago, but my 'trip organizer' told me the week before that I wasn't going.:iconchibienglandplz:So, I'm trying for it again. Hopefully, since I did it early this time, I'll get in. It's a free 10-day trip to Israel for Jews. Only open to 18-26 year olds. So, either this or the Summer trips will be my last chances. (I'll be 26 in a couple of months.) I'm cutting it close.:iconwtfromanoplz:


I decided to go with URJ- Kesher. URJ is the Union for Reform Judaism. I've gone a couple times to camp Kesher, too. It's nice that it will be with other Reform Jews.:iconchibihungaryplz:They said others can join, but it's basically geared towards Reform. The trip I would like to go with is in January. Also, they split the age groups up, so I'll be with the 22 to 26 year olds. Wahoo! Closer in age.:iconchibipolandplz:The other option I was mulling over was Young Judaia. Their a part of Hadassah. (Which I'm a member of.) Basically, a younger version of them. I'm for Hadassah, but it doesn't feel like it would be the same sort of 'experience'.:iconkikuplz: 


There are a few things all programs share. Like the Dead Sea, the Western Wall, some sort of 'mega' event, Tel Aviv, the Old City in Jerusalem, the Jewish Quarter, meeting local Israelis, Haifa, Galilee, Golan Heights, Shabbat in Jerusalem, having a traditional Bedouin feast and learning about them, camel rides, Masada, and others. Sounds really awesome!:iconchibispainplz:It would be very cool to celebrate Shabbat in Jerusalem.:iconus-xdplz:I'm always curious about the Bedouins, too. Since the one I'm signing up for is in January, it won't be so hot that I can't stand it. Mostly mild. They said sometimes Jerusalem gets snow. They also have Hebrew phrases online so you can know some of the basics, if you want to try it out on them. Most know English, though. I actually knew most of those phrases still!:iconchibiamericaplz:Should be fun if I get in.


Besides, registering and looking at their info, I posted a pic on dA: 2 Seahorses I know it's a bit fuzzy, but for some reason I like it. I also realized that for the last couple of days, Chrome wasn't saving my cookies or passwords.:iconwtfukplz:So, I checked for updates. And, sure enough there was a new version that needed to be installed. Yay!:iconchibijapanplz:It has a bit of a different feel. I'm going to check if they have new extensions for it too. It runs a bit smoother.


deviantART fave: Russia: Motivational Poster I did not make this! A cute and funny motivational poster about Russia from Hetalia. 


Youtube:
Funny Thai ad. I really wasn't expecting that ending:

This shows you how demented Kafuka is. I love how sensei randomly says 'Okaasan' (or Mom) in the background:

No comments:

Post a Comment