Friday, December 10, 2010

Human Rights Day

Mood::iconeestiplz:


This is an international holiday. Definitely for a good cause. It's based on UN's General Assembly's adoption and proclamation, in 1948, of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. It was the first global enunciation of human rights. (According to wiki.) Also, it's Nobel Peace Prize Day.:iconchibicanadaplz:


Well, we're expected to have flooding all weekend.:iconlietplz:We're lucky, because we're not next to a river and we live on a hill. So, no worries. Just the nuisance of heavy rain. 


I went to the Hadassah Hanukkah party on Wednesday. It was nice to see everyone again.:iconhappychinaplz:The only problem was that stupid flickering light the hostess had over table with all the food.:iconromanoplz:I was getting a huge headache. So, I went and sat on the couch facing away from it. People probably thought I was being anti-social, but my head felt like it would explode.:iconromanorageplz:Soon enough, other people started sitting next to me, saying the light was getting to them too. Yay! I wasn't the only one!:dummy:There was 2 different latkes (complete with 2 different jars of apple sauce:iconitalyplz:), 2 fruit platters, some salad, a quiche, really weird cheesy potato bite things (too strong for me:iconkikuplz:), and something else for dinner. Then, we had our meeting. Talked about the success of our Mah Jong tournament, the profits, and reviews. We also lit the Hanukkah candles. And, each person talked about what this Hanukkah was like for them, any 'words of wisdom', their memories of Hanukkah, and other stuff. It was interesting to hear what people said.:iconchibisitalyplz:Then, we all had dessert. There was huge whole (some were cut in halves) jelly donuts, toffee peanuts, Reese's cups, kisses, and some really over the top awesome tiramisu cake.:iconchibispainplz:It was all so good! It's been a long time since I've had jelly donuts, so it was bit difficult to eat my powdered sugar one. Every time I took a bite, the powder went everywhere. Not only that, but the jelly would pop out too.:iconseychelles-plz:Messy, but oh so worth it! Oh, the hostess didn't want to keep the left over donuts, and gave them to us.:iconusaplz:


After dessert, almost everybody went off to play some Mahj. I told the lady who never plays Mahj, that I brought Boggle and some dreidels. She said she hates all games. How do you hate all games?!:iconrussiarapefacepls:I know you might hate some games, but you can't hate them all. Anyways, I told her it's been years since I've played dreidel, I really want to play! If you don't play with me, I'll awkwardly play it by myself.:iconprussiaplz:She said, ok, I'll try, but only for a round. She's never played it before, so I had to teach her. We used the bowl of Reese's cups and kisses to gamble with. She kept saying she couldn't spin it 'correctly' or perfectly. I told her I've been spinning it for years, I have a lot more experience, so of course you're not going to be perfect right off the bat. It takes a little practice. If it wobbles and changes to another letter, then it's fine.:iconnorwayunimpressedplz:I won the 1st round, and she won the 2nd. (I kind of let her win.) But, in the middle of the 3rd round, she started eating her candy, and just talked. Oh well, at least I got a chance to play.:iconfrancisplz:We were there until around 10, that's late when we do our regular meetings. 


I watched the finale of Bloody Monday. It was awesome!:iconus-xdplz:Great performances by the actors! Very interesting story. A neutron bomb was in the 'jewelry box'. K's pulse was powering the timer. If she died, the timer will stop. Eventually, she does die. But, she says just as she's dying it was a lie, that if she dies the bomb goes off immediately.:iconitalyishorrifiedplz:It didn't. Probably, because J took everything out of the bombs beforehand. He plans to use them in the future. The butterfly guy's still alive!:iconchibijapanplz:Haruka gets her father's kidney after he dies at the hospital. Their father really was just spying on the organization, he never betrayed THIRD-i. I can't wait to start season 2 next week! This seems to be like my week of finales or something.:iconchibihungaryplz:

No comments:

Post a Comment