Wednesday, March 30, 2011

High School Sensation

Mood::iconchibiamericaplz:


By W&Whale. This song's funny, upbeat, and motivating. I love Whale's voice! It showcases it well. The video's hilarious, too. Very creative. Kind of like a video game.

It's been a cloudy and nasty looking out lately. Although, today it's slightly warmer. Yay!:iconyayhanatamagoplz:Had a rough night Monday night, and so I got up late. Didn't have much time to post. Got up late today, because Rosie was yelling at me throughout most of the night.:iconlietplz:But, it sounded like she didn't attack Tasha. So that's good. We saw Tasha come out of her 'hole' for a bit last night. She slowly checked her food and water bowls, sat for a minute, and slowly went upstairs. That's quite an improvement, I think.:iconchibinitalyplz:Usually, she's hiding because she's too scared of the other one attacking.:iconchibichinaplz: 
Yay! I've started cooking from those recipes I listed from our cookbooks!:dummy:Made the bottom dish Monday night, and the top last night. Monday's was a Sephardic dish from Rhodes called Baked Fish in Tomato Sauce. (Sephardic- Jews from the Mediterranean/Spain/parts of Africa/South America.) It's more like an onion 'sauce', than tomato.:iconseychelles-plz:Next time, I'll put more tomatoes in and not as many onions as they say.:iconkikuplz:I served it on top of Israeli couscous and made a salad as a side. It was pretty good.:nod:The one from last night was an Italian dish called Minestra Di Pasta All'Uovo E Piselli, or Pasta and Pea Soup. Mom helped make the garlic bread on the side. It was good and fresh tasting.:iconheroamericaplz:Just needed something like a little garlic. I added parmesan to my bowl after I took the pic. It was optional, and they said to have it on the side, so people can put as much as they want in. Perfect for Dad, since she hates cheese. But, it did make it even more flavorful.:iconchibispainplz:


I also looked at our Mexican cookbooks. Added a lot more recipes to my list than I thought I would.:iconthailandplz:Found a couple of drink recipes. (Obviously, non-alcoholic.) A walnut nut soup that sounds awesome!:iconitalyplz:Mexican Rice, which I think I've made before. It's really good. Also found a really good looking dessert. There were a few other great things on my list, too. Then, I looked at our Spanish cookbooks. The other day, I thought we had a lot more than we did.:iconwtfromanoplz:Oh well. Found a Gazpacho, a potato soup, and another dessert recipe that are peaches baked in red wine. There's a couple more on the list for that, as well. Today, I'm hoping to go through our German cookbooks. Then, it will be our Russian ones tomorrow. Kind of exciting!:la:It'll feel like we're visiting these countries/regions for a night. I'm thinking of also finding out what they usually drink with their meals, and having traditional music in the background. I hope I continue this cooking 'itch' I have. I'm starting to have a lot of fun with it.:iconicelandfukkiretaplz:


I'll have to take a break from cooking tonight.:iconpolandplz:We're going to a Hadassah meeting. They'll have a Pampered Chef thing as the 'event'. Don't have to bring any food, because they'll be making food for us. We just need to give them $2. 
Started an anime called Gosick. It's still airing, so it's pretty new. I'm liking it so far. Seems a bit 'unique'.:iconsleepygreeceplz:It takes place in 1924 in a small, French-speaking fictional European country called Sauville. The story centers on Kujo, an exchange student from Japan who transfers to a school called St Marguerite Academy. Urban legends and horror stories are very popular there. There he meets Victorica, a mysterious yet beautiful and brilliant girl. She never goes to class, and spends her days reading all the books at the library or solving mysteries that even detectives can't solve. I like the premise, too. It's got plenty of humor, quirky characters, and it's a mystery anime. That alone's a win for me.:iconfrancisplz:


deviantART faves: 30 Days Challenge Meme StupidFox- 44 Cup Collab: England +Reminder I did not make these! First, a very interesting meme. And, I can tell it would help me improve my drawing skills. Not sure if I can do it for 30 straight days. That is finish a drawing everyday. But, I might try it eventually. Second, another funny installment of StupidFox. Another one for the Hetalia cup collab version. This one has England in Earl Grey tea. I think it's pretty well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment