Monday, March 14, 2011

Pi Day!

Mood::iconchibiaustriaplz:


Yay for Pi!:dummy:And, no it's not the type you eat. It celebrates the mathematical constant, Pi.:iconpiplz:Which is the symbol for the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter. It's today, because the date is 3/14. Pi= 3.1415926... They've actually calculated it out to over a trillion digits past the decimal.:faint:It's an irrational and transcendental number. Which means it will continue to infinity without repeating. The symbol was first used in 1706 by William Jones. But, wasn't popular until it was adopted by a Swiss mathematician, Leonhard Euler in 1737. Larry Shaw, a physicist, created this holiday in 1989. It wasn't recognized as a holiday until 2009. I remember in one of my math classes, there was a competition to see who could remember the most digits past the decimal. Without looking. It was interesting. Some people celebrate by having pie.:iconusaplz:It's also National Potato Chip Day.


It's been a little cold today. Last night, there was heavy rain and wind. I couldn't sleep, until the morning.:sleep:So, I had to sleep in. On top of that, I really don't feel good.:iconlietplz:It's like I'm sick to my stomach, really warm, run over by a truck, and very lethargic. Fun fun! I know what might have caused it, though. I felt pretty run down the last few days too, so that's why I haven't posted in a while.


I feel horrible for what's going on in Japan. An 8.9 (some say 9) earthquake, tsunamis, and now the danger of a nuclear plant meltdown.:iconitalyishorrifiedplz:I just can't imagine what it's like. And, sadly I don't have any money to donate towards the recovery efforts.:iconotlplz:There was a FB page that if you 'like' it they'd match the dollar amount and donate. (It's called Dog Bless You.) Plus, they're sending rescue dogs. They're target goal was 100,000 'likes'. They exceeded it. (In fact, right now they're at almost 126,000!) Really cool. I feel like I did something.:iconchibigilbert2plz:I also realized that my penpal lives in one of the hardest hit areas. I really hope she's ok.:iconraivisplz:I've been wanting to write her a letter for a while, and I made a rough draft of it yesterday. Before I finish the final version of the letter, I think I should email her first. I want to see if she's ok, and maybe even if I should send the letter somewhere else. Considering, her home may have been swept away. She told me she hates email, but that's the only way I can contact her.:iconhongkongplz:I still might not hear from her right away. A lot of places are without power, and I don't know how good a cell signal would be there.


I tried to finish watching Kiina. But, couldn't find that last episode online. So, I put it on my 'incomplete drama' list. Hopefully, I'll get to finish those dramas  in the future. I finished Juui Dolittle. It was really great series. Had a pretty good ending. Left it open for a second season. This season did end pretty recently, so there's a high possibility.:iconchibinitalyplz:There was a few surprises at the end too. It made me cry more than the other episodes. (I don't cry often.) If you see it you'll know what I mean. 


I also finished Tokyo Wankei. A really nice and happy ending to the series. Mika and Ryosuke ended up together. The story about her and her mother was published. She regained her memories after reading it. Koichi realized he would be happier alone, and how much pain he caused Mika. So, he called off the engagement. Mika and Ryosuke are going to help 'bridge the gap' between the Koreans and the Japanese. Through his calligraphy of both hangul and kanji characters, and her publishing stories/articles about both cultures. Also, she's half Japanese and half Korean. The writer of the book turns out to be her half brother. Ryosuke's mother recovered from her psychotic break. Everyone ended up with a happy ending. I really liked this series.:iconchibipolandplz:It was interesting to see the 2 cultures clashing and coming together. I'm somewhat sad it ended, now.:iconpolandplz:


Didn't go to services this time. Both Mom and I weren't feeling very well. She's been having really bad hip pain. Hope that gets better. Played some of the Sims 2. Taiwan finally had her baby. And, unlike how Prussia in the other family didn't pay any attention to Hungary giving birth; Hong Kong ran immediately to Taiwan. Looked incredibly worried. He wanted to hold the baby right away. It was somewhat cute. I called him Japan, by the way. If it was a girl it'd be China. Trying to keep the Hetalia theme. Not really as historically accurate, but fun. I made a small baby room for him, too. Didn't have enough money to paint the walls, but at least he has somewhere to sleep.:iconseychelles-plz: 


Posted a pic on dA: Park 6. I mostly caught up on messages and such today. I also translated a lot of the recipes I found, over the weekend. Might do more today. In Hetalia, supposedly, Seychelles makes an appearance. I'll have to watch it. Sounds interesting. I like when they introduce more countries. Can't believe St. Patrick's Day is coming up. I think we're doing the corned beef, potatoes, cabbage, and soda bread dinner thing again. Good stuff!:iconchibispainplz:Crazy that Purim's only a couple of days later. Computer's running a bit slower than normal, so I'll post my dA and Youtube faves tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment