Tuesday, March 8, 2011

International Women's Day!

Mood::iconchibicanadaplz:


It's pretty awesome there's a holiday like this. It celebrates the economic, political, and social achievements of women in the past, present, and future.:iconchibipolandplz:On the site, they say that in some places like China, Russia, Vietnam, and Bulgaria it's a national holiday. This is its 100th anniversary!:dummy:Wow! Even Google changed its logo in honor of the holiday.


It was much the same temp as yesterday. I got up a little late. For some reason, I couldn't get to sleep last night.:sleep:When I woke up, I felt sick to my stomach. Strange. It was better once I ate, though. Made an omelet for brunch. It had garlic and 7 spice mixed into the eggs. Then, cheddar, sliced smoked turkey, dried onions, and dried green bell peppers in the middle. Tasted really good!:iconchibispainplz:Those dried bell peppers always smell weird to me. 


Rosie actually slept with me for part of the night.:faint:I thought for a while it was Shadow. But, then remembered she's not around anymore.:iconwtfukplz:I sometimes feel like she's sleeping on me or next to me still. It's been a while since she passed away. It's a little weird and creepy, yet comforting.:iconchibinitalyplz:She was always by my side. But, I reached over last night, after I realized, and heard Rosie do a high-pitched meow. It was nice.:iconheroamericaplz:


Tried a new type of hairstyle today.:iconchibihungaryplz:Pigtails with barrettes. Just to have some variety. I usually just put it up in a ponytail and headband. It's funny because now the sides of my head are a little heavier.:iconseychelles-plz:(My hair's rather thick and wavy.) But, I think I like it. I may do this more often.:iconthailandplz:And that other style I've only done a couple of times, too. Where I put it up in a ponytail, but tuck the ends back into the hair tie. Gives a slightly different look.:icondanmarkplz:
I couldn't find the last episode of Zettai Reido, so I started another drama. This one's called GM Odore Doctor. Odore means dance. Someone on a forum said it nicely, it seems like a Japanese version of House. Only think of this 'Dr. House' as trying to become a famous dancer on the side.:iconsleepygreeceplz:He returns to Japan after working as a brilliant doctor of general medicine in America. He thinks it will be his big break. But, the agency he signed up with was a sham. He works part-time in a run down general medicine center solving mysterious cases. The hospital thinks the GM center is for useless doctors, and gives them a hard time. Each character has their own quirks. One who remembers everything about a person. Another who has a hard time speaking to people, and tends to write what he wants to say down. Another's a surgeon, who's obsessed with cutting into people, and eating. Goto, the main character, also has a germaphobe problem. Strange, but makes it 'unique' to watch. So far, it's a hit with me.:iconchibiamericaplz:


I went through, and weeded out my friends' list on FB. I think I got rid of 13 people.:iconitalyishorrifiedplz:All of which were from the Birthright group. I kept a few, because those seem like the most 'normal' and people I might hang out with. It was bugging me for a while. So, I finally sat down and did it.:iconhongkongplz:If people have a problem with that, and they actually want to be my friend, I'll gladly add them again. 


Also, left a group on dA. They haven't been approving anyone's work for the past few months. They're low on admins too. Cleared out more stuff on dA. Kind of like a spring cleaning day for my FB and dA.:iconchibisitalyplz:Posted another pic: Park 4. I think it came out pretty well. 


I looked around on みんなのきょうの料理 or Today's Menu for Everyone, again. There's so many recipes! Here's the ones I have so far: チキンソテーオニオンソース or Chicken Sautee with Onion Sauce; 牛丼 or Beef Bowl, マドレーヌ or those French cookies called Madeleine. All sound and look really tasty!:iconitalyplz:Hope to come up with more, though. There's so many options, it's hard to just 'browse'.:iconkikuplz:There's also a section where big food companies showcase some of their recipes. I might look at those further. It's cool that everything, including that section, is free.:la:And, they have printer friendly versions of the recipes. I could probably get lost for days on that site.:iconicelandmochiplz:


deviantART faves: Character Reference Sheet Momiji in Wonderland StupidFox - 42 I did not make these! First, a pretty interesting character sheet. Might use it as practice in the future. Second, a pretty cool drawing by an artist I watch. It's an entry for Anime North's 2011 contest. I think it's a good one. Third, another funny installment of StupidFox. I love that fox. He appears in some of the weirdest places. I'd probably have that same reaction to him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment