Tuesday, June 14, 2011

National Strawberry Shortcake Day!

Mood::iconhappychinaplz:


Wow! It doesn't feel like a day for strawberry shortcakes. Maybe for the rest of the country. (Who are having record highs.:iconusaplz:) It's kind of a summery treat. It's about 55 degrees right now, and rainy. So not what it's supposed to be.:iconkikuplz:But, I love strawberry shortcake. It's also Flag Day, World Blood Donor Day, and Family History Day.


Had the weirdest dreams last night. They were trippy, scary, surreal, and gory.:iconseychelles-plz:One of them probably could be a really crazy movie. Complete with some sort of 'monster' (maybe a T-rex), weird fights (a lot of them where I didn't do much:iconchibijapanplz:), dorm halls that were like the inside of an air duct (very tight and square), a huge wide conveyor belt thing (like they have at airports, only without rails on the sides), running away from said 'monster' and people not really noticing and getting trampled, weird stuff on a train (not even getting into that one...), killing 'monster' by ramming train and I think some sort of explosives into it, and it just kept going. Another, somebody was brutally torturing someone, and at one point you'd think the person would have died. But, they kept coming back to life. Another, someone kidnapped me. What was going on with me last night?!:iconchibichinaplz:Although, it's been a while since I've actually had a full night's sleep, so that was really nice. Still...


Scheduled my pre-hearing meeting with my lawyer. It's at the end of August. Made one of my scrambles last night for dinner, since Dad was gone. It had 2 different cheeses, eggs, sweet peppers, dried onions, carrots, dill, and garlic. Another good one.:iconheroamericaplz:Made a Mexican meatball soup tonight. It was very good. Pic looks a little blurry. Hopefully, I can fix it tomorrow.


Finished watching Hanayome wa Yakudoshi or the Pretend Bride. It had a really nice ending. I'll miss the Azuchi family.:iconpolandplz:They all really grew on me over time. Ichiro and Akiko actually did get married in the end. I thought they were going to kill off the mother, Yukie, in the last 2 episodes.:iconitalyishorrifiedplz:I'm glad they didn't. They managed to have the main part of the wedding at the hospital she was staying at. Akiko refused to get married without Yukie being there for them. It was very touching. It was hilarious how everytime Ichiro wants to kiss Akiko, something comes up. Kaori became a good rival for her. And, now they compete to see who grew the best peaches every year. 3 years after getting married, Ichiro quit his job in Tokyo and decided to finally go back to the farm. Right when he showed up, they find out Akiko's pregnant and rush her to the hospital. Last scene is Ichiro chasing after Yukie and Akiko in a car headed to the hospital. I like how those 2 get along well now. Almost making fun of each other.:iconchibinitalyplz:


Finished Oishii Proposal yesterday. Had a horrible and strange ending.:iconwtfromanoplz:I loved the series up until then. It just didn't make sense. Oh well. It's the worst ending I've seen in a while.:iconlietplz:


The next bunch of dramas I might watch look very promising.:iconchibisitalyplz:A lot of them are really popular, have high reviews, and interesting sounding plots. The next new shows I might watch are: Honey and Clover, Zettai Kareshi (Absolute Boyfriend), Hana Yori Dango (Boys Over Flowers. I've watched some of the anime, but didn't like the art style. Maybe it'll be different this way?:iconfrancisplz:), and Coffee Prince (a Korean drama. I'm very curious about this one.). So, interesting lineup. 
Since the next chapter of Afterschool Charisma isn't up yet, I started another manga. This one's Saijou no Meii or The Best Skilled Surgeon. It's really interesting and funny so far. Saijou Mikoto was born with a bad heart. It was thanks to the incredible skills of the leading Japanese pediatric heart surgeon, Shindou Mamoru, that he survived into adolescence. He looks up to him and has vowed to become the best pediatric surgeon the world has ever known, to show his gratitude. Interesting that it was by the same mangaka that did Yakitate! Japan. I've only seen the anime of that, but I liked the humor and plot. So, maybe this will be just as good, if not better.:iconsleepygreeceplz: 
This was a cute raccoon that we saw at Bloedel Reserve. Didn't seem afraid of us. Just going about his business cleaning and eating. Almost done with the comic essay in You Maga. Funny take on what it's like for older women looking for a wedding dress. Still editing Tzvi in Photoshop. He needed a lot of cleanup. I was having issues with trying to figure out his hair for a while. So, there's lots of smudges around that and his eyes. It's looking much better, though. I thought he was too far gone to work on.:icontinoplz:But, I was wrong. Photoshop's awesome that way. 


deviantART fave: Sweet Halloween Dreams I did not make this! A really awesomely done drawing. It was featured on Facebook. Kind of creepy, yet cute. And, very detailed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment