Monday, June 6, 2011

National Applesauce Cake Day!

Mood::iconhappychinaplz:


I'm not sure if I've had this yet. Sounds really good.:la:The cake's thought to have originated in the 1900s. During World War I, they were promoted to be patriotic as they used less butter, sugar, and eggs. Kind of weird, but interesting. 


We had a really nice and warm weekend. Maybe a little too warm at times. Although, I'd take it over being constantly cold. Both Saturday and Sunday were around 80. Not bad. Today, it's supposed to be 70, but I have a feeling it'll go higher, as well. My room gets and stays the hottest in the house.:iconwtfukplz:So, it's a bit uncomfortable at night. It's unbearable when it's been in the high 90s. Rest of the house stays pretty cool. Like we have natural air conditioning.:iconchibinitalyplz:


Finished watching Mirai Koshi Meguru. I'll miss the silliness and fun.:iconsadrussia:The comedy was awesome! The ending was a bit more serious than the rest. But, that's kind of to be expected. Her uncle was really messed up. The series made you feel really good after each episode, and I think that's difficult for some shows to do. Hopefully, in the future I'll find another series that's similar.:iconchibicanadaplz:So, now I have 2 slots open for new shows during the week. Yay! 


I finally have a hearing date.:dummy:It's funny, because a day or 2 before I got the letter, someone who works with my lawyer said that they were still figuring that out. It's at the end of September. On the day of Rosh Hashanah to be exact.:iconohboyamericaplz:Everything big seems to be scheduled on either Rosh Hashanah or Yom Kippur. It's very insensitive. Those 2 days are the only days I have a problem with during the entire year.:iconromanoplz:Most important holidays for me. It's like having the hearing on Christmas or Easter as an example. I don't want to go through the process of rescheduling if I could, because it'll be an even longer wait.:iconkikuplz:This also makes me a bit more nervous, now that there's an actual date. I still have to have a pre-hearing meeting with my lawyer. 


Went to services!:iconyayhanatamagoplz:It's been a while since we've gone to a 'normal' one. The Rabbi was going to lead this one, but for some reason, couldn't make it. So, our cantor, and someone who comes in occasionally to help led the service. It was very nice, and musical. They taught us a few new tunes. And, variations on songs we know. There's a new couple we met at services who apparently live pretty close to us. They're a military family. They've lived in Japan and Florida. The husband lived a little while in Texas, too. It was interesting.


Soon, our cantor will have a naming ceremony for her new baby boy. That should be fun.:iconchibihungaryplz:Tomorrow night's the start of Shavuot. And, we're going to someone's house to study. You're supposed to study Torah all night long, but it'll just be a few hours, because of her kids. That's ok. I can study more, if I want, when we get home.:iconchibiamericaplz:Your supposed to eat dairy foods as well. Shavuot marks the time when we were given the Torah. 
After services, we went to Bloedel Reserve. It was really beautiful, and lots of things to see.:iconchibifranceplz:We saw a raccoon cleaning itself and eating stuff near a big pond. Didn't seem too scared of us. I took a ton of pics of that and other things. We dropped Mom off at a bench at some point, so Dad and I could explore a bit. Lots of interesting flowers and trees along the trail we went on. It's been so long since I've been to this reserve. I forgot about it.:iconsleepygreeceplz:These are the first 2 pics I've posted on FB and dA. One looked a bit blurry, but I like it because it looks like a painting that way. Second, is the path to the Japanese gardens. Really turned out to be a nice Shabbat-y thing to do.:iconfrancisplz:


After that we went to Hakata. We had the tuna and cucumber sushi rolls for an appetizer. They were oddly warm.:iconhongkongplz:Usually, they're cold. I ordered the yakinikudon. Or, BBQ'd strips of beef in a rice bowl. I don't think I've had theirs before. It was really good.:iconitalyplz:Only, hard when you use chopsticks to eat such long strips of meat. Also, way too many onions. In fact, there was like 2 or 3 different types. I'm ok with a little, but that was overkill.:iconlietplz:I ordered my favorite dessert from there: fried ice cream. It's amazing!:iconchibispainplz:It's a thick layer of marble cake wrapped around vanilla ice cream, that's been fried in tempura. They seemed like they were rushing us this time. We think Mom got sick from something she ate there, because the next day she was throwing up all day. Not much stayed down. She seems better today.:iconchibiaustriaplz:


Joined another dA group.:iconeestiplz:I noticed I wasn't a part of too many photography groups. Have a ton of food ones, so that's good for my pics of food. But, nothing for my nature stuff. So, this one I've just joined is perfect for it. Might want to find another in the future, though.:icontinoplz:


deviantART faves: .:APH: Xepher:. Red Vortex Kitty Sundae I did not make these! First, an awesome drawing of Russia from Hetalia. Looks more like the vocaloid Akaito, though. Second, a cool drawing by an artist I watch. His style's very interesting and unique. Third, a really cute drawing of a kitten in a sundae, by someone I watch as well. 


Youtube:
An awesome Lipdub done by an entire city. I first heard about this on ABC News. The story behind it's amazing, too. They definitely don't seem to be a dying city:

A vocaloid Kaito version of Pub and Go. Pub and Go's one of England's character songs from Hetalia. The voice actor sings it so fast, so it was nice to see the lyrics written up. I think Kaito sings it a little slower, too. He's not as good as the voice actor, but he's decent. I love this song:

One of China's character songs from Hetalia is Nihao China. I was curious about the translated lyrics. So, after digging around I found this:

No comments:

Post a Comment