Friday, June 17, 2011

National Apple Strudel Day!

Mood::iconeestiplz:


I love apple strudel!:dummy:Didn't know it would have its own day. It's also Flip-Flop Day. Really not flip-flop weather.:icontinoplz:At least not at the moment. It might get up to 67. It just hit 60. Although, I did know some people in college who would wear flip-flops or sandals in 35 degree weather.:iconwtfukplz:That's kind of crazy. Yesterday was Fudge Day, and the day before that was a total lunar eclipse. 
These are more of that raccoon from the Japanese garden at Bloedel Reserve.:iconsleepygreeceplz:
And, this is the start of a trail that's right after the Japanese garden.
Made this Tuesday night. It's Caldo de Albondigas, or Mexican Meatball Soup. Really flavorful and tasty. Last meatballs I made were a bit bland.:hmm:So, it was interesting that most of the flavor in this one came from them. Used asparagus instead of zucchini. I hate zucchini.:iconlietplz:Also, used canned roasted red sweet bell peppers instead of pimiento. So good!:iconchibispainplz:I'll definitely have to make it again!:iconchibinitalyplz:Sorry that it's a bit blurry. But, at least you can see how colorful it was.


Our congregation had its annual meeting on Wednesday. Sounded like things are going pretty well. I like that we have 3 or 4 groups who rent the building. Helps with the congregation's finances. And, feels like we're helping others out as well.:iconchibipolandplz:I think the only problem was membership, and trying to attract more people. 


I thought about this a while ago, that I should look up fundraising/social event ideas that might help with money and bring new people. (And would be fun.:iconfrancisplz:) So, I did on Thursday. Really interesting stuff on the URJ (The Union for Reform Judaism) site. They have a huge search engine for events other temples have held. 


One of the ideas I liked was a cafe Shabbat where they have bagels, coffee, and a choice of Shabbat-like activities before or after services. Those events were a drumming circle, yoga, Israeli dancing, Jewish food and cooking, discussions, etc. They provided newspapers, board games, and schmoozed. Another was a Jewish Heritage day. Another, a Havdalah craft workshop, where after they make the Havdalah stuff, families provide their own dinners. (Probably could do a potluck.) Then, the children hear stories and sing songs. The adults discuss Havdalah with the Rabbi, then they rejoin for a Havdalah service. Another big one was a pet blessing and Havdalah service. I doubt our congregation would be ok with it, but I think it would be nice. I might look a little more and run this by the president or somebody else on the board. They're just suggestions.:iconchibiaustriaplz:


Just before the meeting, we sat down at one of the tables. Almost as soon as we did, 2 people we know well, got up and gave us a bunch of food. It was very nice. It was most likely because of Mom's condition. But, still sweet.:iconchibicanadaplz:After the meeting, I got into a fun and somewhat intense conversation about Japanese and anime with another member from the congregation. It's cool that he's into the same stuff.:iconchibiamericaplz:Although, it's kind of funny that he knows more of the really old anime shows, and I know much more about the new stuff. I mentioned Cowboy Bebop was one of the first anime shows I watched. Well, with knowing that it was anime. Speed Racer and Astro Boy were probably my firsts. I thought for a very long time that they were 'American'.:iconchibijapanplz:So sad. Anyways, he knew about Cowboy Bebop and liked it too. He didn't know about Trigun, which I watched at the same time. (That one's older, I think.) Very interesting though. He wants to show me an old series at some point. Don't know if that will actually happen.:iconkikuplz:


Dusted a lot yesterday. The only thing that creeps me out when I'm dusting, is if there's a spider in one of those areas.:iconchibichinaplz:But, it wasn't too bad. Things look better in the kitchen, and are starting to look good in the dining room. Got about halfway through that. 


Yesterday, I looked through both a chicken and a beef cookbook. There's like a million recipes for pot roast. Crazy!:iconseychelles-plz:Here's some of the chicken recipes: scalloped chicken and potatoes, fruited chicken breasts, chicken dijon. Here's some of the beef ones: fresh brisket with kraut, Bavarian supper, applesauce-beef loaf, meatballs with biscuit topper. Sounds so good!:iconheroamericaplz:I'll look at another cookbook today. Feels nice to get back into it. 


I've decided that after I finish fixing Tzvi and post him, I won't work on/post Antonio. He looks pretty bad, and I think I can do better later on.:iconswissplz:I'll just have to start another sheet of ocs. That sounds good to me. I think I'm almost done drawing a full body of Max. I was messing with the folds of his clothes. I'm not used to doing that, so it was good practice.:iconchibiswedenplz:I think he came out ok. 


deviantART fave: StupidFox- 49 I did not make this! Another funny installment of StupidFox.

No comments:

Post a Comment