Monday, June 27, 2011

Madness of Love

Mood::iconthailandplz:


Or, Follia d'Amore. By Raphael Gualazzi. This was Italy's entry for Eurovision. It placed 2nd. Really good song, so it probably deserved that spot.:iconchibiamericaplz:The song was written, produced, and arranged by Gualazzi himself. Most of it's in Italian. Which is surprising since I've noticed not many songs that are in their native languages make it that far. Kind of cool.:iconchibihungaryplz:The song's very jazzy and has a bit of swing. His music comes from the fusion between Rag-time technique from the 1900s and the lyricism of traditional Blues, Soul, and Jazz. He sounds really cool. Maybe I'll find some more of his songs.:iconberwaldplz:

Weather's been kind of weird the last couple of days.:iconseychelles-plz:Warm for a bit, quickly turning cold and rainy, and back to warm. It like doesn't know what to do. Today looks like it might stay warm. 


I was going to blog on Friday, along with practicing my clarinet. But, I had forgotten that we wanted to go to Pride Shabbat in Seattle. By the time I remembered it was already the afternoon.:iconswissplz:We left at about 3:30pm and came back at around 11:30pm. So, no real time to play or blog.:icontinoplz:


Haven't been to that synagogue in a long time. But, for some reason, I remembered their band. There was lots of little snacks just before services started. Like fruit, peanuts, chocolates, crackers, etc. The service itself was really nice.:iconchibinitalyplz: I liked the speakers that came in to talk about their experiences as being gay in the community. The band was good too. Played all the versions of songs that I knew. The people were nice, but seemed very awkward, and a bit odd. Like they felt they didn't belong or something. Kind of sad.:iconraivisplz:


After the service, everyone went downstairs to have the oneg. The only things I was able to eat were a few pieces of fruit, vegetables, cubes of cheese, and I think 2 cookies. Not really enough for a meal.:iconkikuplz:If I had liked one of their kugels, it might have been. 


Mom was starting to get a fever just as we sat down to eat. It got progressively worse.:iconitalyishorrifiedplz:But, Dad and I needed a little extra something. So, we went to Denny's at around 8 or 8:30. I got a chocolate ice cream, caramel topping, and Oreo sundae. Their sundaes are awesome!:iconus-xdplz:I like that now you can choose what goes into it. Mom tried to have some pancakes, but stopped after a few bites. I think Dad got a hamburger. 


Mom was very sick the next day. So, we couldn't go to services in the morning. Funny thing about that one, is no one was signed up to lead it. Our old cantor was going to, but went to a Bat Mitzvah instead. I wonder what happened?:iconchibijapanplz:I read the Torah portion on my own. It's kind of scary.:iconchibichinaplz:


A friend of ours came to help with putting our lights up and some repairs on Saturday and Sunday. I think it was actually through our congregation's Mitzvah Corps. We've wanted the lights up for a long time. He did a pretty good job, and we really appreciate him doing it.:iconhappychinaplz:Now we can see things better in the family room. It's really bright.:la:My parents can see things in their room. (The light that was there wouldn't turn on, even with new bulbs.:iconnataliaplz:) We have a nicer looking light just at the front door, as we head out. Plus, he worked on our swinging glass door. His wife came by and talked with my parents while he was working on Saturday. They're the people that invite us to their house for Thanksgiving, Passover, New Year's, etc. They're going to make some chicken soup for Mom soon, too.:iconchibicanadaplz:


Managed to practice on Saturday, but not Sunday. But, at least I got some in this weekend.:iconheroamericaplz:Played a little of the Sims 2. Russia's advancing pretty quickly now in his career. He's a starter for a soccer team. He's got about 4 really good friends, but he wants more. Crazy!:iconusaplz:


Went through some more of our classical music on Sunday. Found some really good ones. I really am trying to get more into it.:iconchibiaustriaplz:There have been pieces I've heard, played and absolutely loved in the past, but then I quickly forget about them. Then, later I think I hate classical music.:iconohboyamericaplz:I'm going to change that cycle. It's like rediscovering more music. Sometimes I loved playing a piece, but never really thought of listening to and keeping it, either. I got some Ravel, Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, and some other pieces. 


I restarted a recipe comment thing in Word. The one I had seemed messed up and hard to navigate.:iconchibienglandplz:This time, I have things separated differently. Almost like it's a giant menu. Unlike how my recipe list looks. So, maybe I can look at the categories on my computer, and get an idea of what I want to make without going downstairs and looking aimlessly through the books and my recipe list again.:iconfrancisplz:So far I've got the drinks, salads, and soups down. Soups are split into further categories like: cold, bean based, beef based, etc. I'm surprised at how many drinks I've got on my list. (That are non-alcoholic obviously, since I can't have alcohol.:icongermanyplz:) I guess it's another way to look at it.


Parents are going to a retreat this afternoon until tomorrow night. Hope they have fun.:iconchibisitalyplz:It'll just be Rosie, Tasha, and I. That's ok. I'll get some alone time. 


deviantART fave: Mayora 13: Warrior of Love I did not make this! A hilarious drawing of 'Mayora 13' or Toshiro from Gintama. Kind of an inside joke. He loves mayo so much, at one point he becomes something like a superhero with a huge bottle of mayo as his weapon. It's funnier if you see the episode the artist talks about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment