Monday, February 28, 2011

Hana

Mood::iconhappychinaplz:


By Yanawaraba. Hana means flower. A very beautiful song.:iconchibihungaryplz:It has a traditional music flare. The first song I heard from this group, was Haikei, maru-maru-san. It was the theme song to the jdrama, I've Been Married to Hell! (I'll probably post it at some point.) The duo have such amazing voices. They were childhood friends, and are from the Okinawan island, Ishigaki. They moved to Osaka after high school, for some music programs. They were brought back together by homesickness for Okinawa and its music. Yanawaraba translates roughly as 'mischievous little kid'. They use Okinawan lyrics, which is rare for mainstream Jpop. One plays the sanshin, the other guitar. They debuted in 2003. 

It's been a lot warmer today. Kind of nice.:iconchibinitalyplz:Parents came home late last night. They were both exhausted. They had some weird experiences with the trains. But, other than that, they sound like they had fun.:iconchibigilbert2plz:
Mom got me a maneki neko or lucky cat figurine. (Looks very similar to this one.) I've been looking for an affordable one for a while. So, I'm very happy with it.:iconlachoirplz:She got it in Chinatown. Kind of funny, she told me there were other Japanese things there too. Literally, maneki neko's a 'Beckoning Cat'. Also called, Welcoming Cat, Money Cat, or Fortune Cat. It's believed to bring good luck to the owner. I read this version, with the raised paw is inviting customers or people. Also, if it's a calico, it's traditionally the luckiest cat of all. The black ones ward off evil and stalkers. White, purity, positive things to come. I have all of those. (Since it's like a family.) Yay!:dummy:Not that I believe in it, it's just very interesting.


She also got me a shirt saying San Francisco. It looked nice too. They also got a tea sampler, and a tea canister. The only one I haven't heard of before, is the Pouchong tea. Interesting. I might have to try it.:iconfrancisplz:


Finished writing entries for my online trip journal. It looks a little plain at the moment.:iconswissplz:So, at some point I might add some pics and smilies. To kind of jazz it up. But, if people want to see it now here it is: Trip Journal.


Found a lot more wallpapers. Now, I'll have more of a selection to choose from each month.:iconchibicanadaplz:Or half month, if I feel like it. Updated my calendar, too. There's a lot of things going on in March. I can't believe Purim's coming up. Crazy!:iconchibipolandplz:Zettai Reido was really intense this time. But, they managed to catch the killer, and save Sakuragi. 


deviantART faves: CupCollab- South Korea Cupcakes and Apple Cider APH: Mochiness Bustin' Out I did not make these! First, another entry for that cup collab. It's interesting what people come up with for these. This time it's a South Korean drink with South Korea from Hetalia in it. It's a type of rice wine, they call Yagju or Yakju. Second, a funny drawing of an artist I watch and her workspace done in her style. It even has StupidFox next to her. She has an awesome sense of humor too. Her comics are great. And, I think she's done some flash games that were pretty awesome too. Third, a bunch of Hetalia characters drawn as mochis around a couch. It's pretty funny. Fourth, a lot of the Hetalia characters are 'bustin' out' of someone's canvas on SAI and going out onto their desktop. Cute and funny. Poor Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment