Sunday, February 27, 2011

National Strawberry Day!

Mood::iconicelandfukkiretaplz:


Strawberries are awesome!:dummy:Too bad I don't have strawberries to help celebrate. Strawberries have always calmed me down. Maybe because the first time I had one, someone gave me it to cheer me up after I scrapped up my knee. It's also National Kahlua Day. Nice. Although, I can only have the cream pie or cake flavors of it. Too bad I don't have that either.:iconlietplz:


It was pretty cold throughout most of the weekend. Today was strange. It was cold enough to see really large snow flakes, but they didn't stick. It looked almost like hail. Most of the snow we had from before has melted. Which is nice. Especially for my parents who are coming home late tonight.:iconchibicanadaplz:Rosie has become very clingy. So, I wonder what she'll do when they're back.:iconheroamericaplz:Tasha has come out of her basket more often, too. 


For Shabbat dinner I made the panko breaded fish, mashed potatoes (with chives and garlic), and green beans. It was all very good!:iconitalyplz:Also, found like 1/3 of a loaf of a frozen challah. So, that was good. I don't need much, if it's just me. Also, had some sparkling apple cider. Kind of made it even more 'special'. The half a chocolate muffin was still really good! Saturday night I just had some of the leftover tuna casserole. Still tasty! Tonight, I had burritos. So, all in all, really good meals.:iconchibinitalyplz:


I had my own Shabbat services. Actually got to sleep in. Good, since it's our day of rest.:iconthailandplz:Used an old prayer book, and read from my Tanakh. The portion this time was just about building the sanctuary (or really first temple?), how it was done, and what it looked like. A lot of things made out of gold, silver, and copper. Interesting, but not much goes on. Some people find it funny that they used dolphin skins. Funny, because there wasn't much water around them. They were in the desert after all.:iconseychelles-plz:Rosie kept trying to eat the tzitzit on my tallit. Kind of annoying.:iconchibienglandplz:


I also did Havdalah on my own. Used my candle from Tzfat for the first time. When lit, it's like a bonfire. Felt almost like I was going to burn the house down.:iconitalyishorrifiedplz:I forget about Havdalah a lot of the time. It's sad.:iconkikuplz:I like our homemade 'spice box'. Really more like jar. Kind of funny to try and hold the candle and grape juice by yourself. Also, to say the prayers and sing. Oh, well. I was happy to do it.:iconfrancisplz:


I played a little of the Sims 2 yesterday. Still with Hong Kong and Taiwan, inspired by Hetalia. They're trying to have a baby. I wonder what it would look like? They're also advancing in their careers pretty quickly. Maybe quicker than the previous family.:iconsleepygreeceplz:Taiwan's now a nurse, and Hong Kong's a business exec. Interesting. I don't think those were the careers they wanted.:iconenglandispervyplz:But, they got them. It's always fun to see what they do next. They're not always predictable. Strange 'events' happen. Soon I hope to have them earn enough money so they can move to a different looking house. That should be fun.


I got a couple more awesome songs. So, look for those on upcoming posts.:la:Juui Dolittle had a few twists this time. Makes it kind of exciting. Asuka's  going to get serious and try to become an animal nurse. Hanabishi actually admitted on his show that he can't operate because of the trauma he suffered. I hope it doesn't totally ruin his career. I like him a lot.:iconraivisplz:It ruined Domon's plans though.:iconspainplz:Tokyo Wankei has just become so complicated, intense, and angsty. Not sure if I like that.:iconswissplz:The main part, that I kind of suspected, was Ryosuke and Mika are actually siblings. Which, normally wouldn't be my thing, but their situation's so strange. It's not like they knew they were related. It was all by chance. There's only a couple more episodes, so I'll see how it turns out.:iconchibiswedenplz:


Finished typing up entries for my online travel journal. I'll probably post the link tomorrow. There's not much to it at the moment. Hope to add pics, and maybe some smilies. Looks boring without.:iconpolandplz:But, I guess people can read it if they want to. 


Also, saw a list of anime coming out in the Spring season. Gintama is confirmed to continue in April! It better be good. Considering its been a year. The list had a lot of other good looking anime shows, too. More to add to the list.


deviantART faves: Sim Character Map UPDATED OC Style Meme To Live and to Dream Good Morning.. Froyo Uh Oh Influence Map Template Mind Your Sugar Levels Razzberri I did not make these! First, a map of all the characters from all the sim dating games an artist I watch has done. I think I've played every one. Her humor's awesome. The map is so intricate, though. Some characters have made appearances in more than one game. Second, a meme to practice your oc in different styles. Like, futuristic, modern steampunk, etc. Sounds like an interesting one. Third, an amazing pic of a woman wearing a dress. Her expression's interesting too. The dress is pretty. Fourth, a pic of some cake and coffee. Looks really good. Fifth, a cute drawing of frozen yogurt swirls. What happens when you try to do it for the first time. I've had that happen too. Sixth, a cool meme about what influences you as an artist. I might fill it in someday. Seventh, a funny drawing of Gintoki from Gintama. Fits his personality. Eighth, a cute drawing of someone's avatar from Gaia. Haven't seen too many good drawings from that Gaia group, so it was nice. 


Youtube:
Himitsu or Secret by Suga Shikao:

Daijoubu by Majik Monkey. A more laid back, happy sounding song from them:

Awesome shamisen performance:

A funny fan-made trailer for Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei:

A live performance of 19 Sai or 19 years old by Suga Shikao. I think this version may sound the best. I love the violins:

No comments:

Post a Comment