Wednesday, May 16, 2018

2nd of Sivan

Woke up at around the time I wanted to. Yay! Hadn't for the last couple of days because of the heat. It's a lot cooler today, which has been nice. 

I've been thinking about that lunch we had on Sunday with someone Dad knew and her daughter. I might be thinking more about it because of the meeting tonight. I think the daughter might have been a truscum. (Side note: I'm not calling them 'scum'. This is actually the word used for someone like this. There isn't a good alternative.) Truscums are also referred to as transmedicalists. (I could use this instead, I suppose...) They believe that in order to be trans you must have dysphoria, and must be transitioning in some way medically. There's an added layer to it, too. They use terms like 'transtrender' and 'appropriating transness' often. They try to exclude non-binary people, too. They're essentially gatekeepers. They might use similar terms and rhetoric that TERFs do. A TERF is a Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminist. Not really feminists, but they take up that banner. There was a comic posted on one of the trans pages I follow on fb that illustrate what a transmedicalist really is in much more detail. Apparently, they are mostly on Tumblr, but there's a small minority offline. 

Anyways, towards the beginning of that lunch, she said she hated the 'transtrenders' and how some people think being trans is cool. She seemed to also think some genders were 'fake'. Then, she said they don't realize that in order to be trans, you must have been bullied in school. I spoke up, saying that I didn't know what I was and tried my best to fit in with the girls. So, I wasn't bullied because of it. That seemed to stop her in her tracks for a moment. She seemed excited to talk about gender dysphoria. I thought it would be cool to talk to another enby (she's genderfluid) about it, but I wasn't ecstatic about it. Then, she went into a lot more detail than I expected, especially while we were eating. Things like wondering what it'd be like to have a penis...She kind of threw me off when she told me not to get a 'man bun'. First, it threw me off because I'm not a guy. Secondly, telling me not to is a bit odd. It's not like I said I liked that look. Plus, even if I did, she couldn't stop me from doing it. Her mom might have been enby as well from the emails she sent to my dad. However, both the mom and daughter looked really feminine. While I get the daughter is genderfluid...it was odd. Dad said the daughter had a totally different look in the past. Something was off about the whole thing. I couldn't place it at the time. It still feels like there was more to it. If she is a transmedicalist, it's even weirder for an enby to be one. I have read that some believe that genderfluid and agender people are 'real' trans people, and they're not enby. Especially if they're transitioning medically. They feel that genderfluid and agender people make sense, and the others don't. (Sounds bizarre to me...) Ok, if you don't understand something, it must automatically not be real? So, as an example, languages you don't 'get' aren't real? It's really messed up thinking. As is how TERFs think. Maybe transmedicalist are really TERFs in disguise trying to tear the trans community apart? There are gatekeepers in the ace community, too. TERFs have issues with aces and aros, as well. Apparently, they're the ones pushing the 'queer is a slur and people shouldn't reclaim it for themselves' thing, too. Like, the person's identity is offensive to them. They really have their tentacles in a lot of things. She didn't really post much on her fb page, but I thought it'd be best to block her. I don't want to associate with someone like that. 

Managed to write a little more of Alliance 3. It's been a while, and I'm glad I was able to get to it. I reworded some things for the cookbook. Also, wanted to change my 'source list' to a bibliography, but realized I don't really have enough info for most of them to make a proper one. I'm kind of a stickler to not doing a half-baked looking bibliography. So, I'll leave it as a 'source list'. At least it'll be there. I also started looking at the layout/template of some of the cookbooks I have. I don't think mine's all that different compared to the ones without pics. I'll look at a few more next time. There's one more thing I want to make sure of, too. After that, I'll start formatting it for both the ebook and print versions. I probably should come up with a title before I do that...Then, I'll look through pics I've taken of what I've made from that album, and pick one for the front cover. Unsure if I'll pick another one for the back cover of the print version, or just have a black background. 

Finished the German lesson from yesterday, as well as the math one. Got halfway through the banking one. There was only one part to the math one. It was really simple. The banking one has been a bit odd, but there's only 2 parts to it. I'm close to the next checkpoint/section on the trek, which I just realized is the last one. After finishing that, I'll go back through it all and level them out. There are 5 levels to each lesson. I'm running through it after finishing the first level at the moment. They started that leveling system when I was about halfway to where I am now. If it had started out like that, I might have leveled them out fully as I went through it. 

Managed to get some cleaning done, too. I vacuumed my bedroom's ceiling. I don't think I've done that before. I might have used the swiffer a little at the edges in the past, though. It was a real upper body workout. (Arms are still hurting.) The only spot I didn't get to was the center. I was a little weary of vacuuming it, because it's a popcorn ceiling. I thought I'd knock off all those little pieces, but I didn't. I didn't think the ceiling was cleaner until I turned out my overhead light and turned on a lamp. The cobwebs were completely gone. It seems like a cleaner and whiter color now, too. I also windexed my mirror. It's not a full length, but it is big. It's on top of my dresser, so in order to clean it well I have to get on top of my chair. I'm too short otherwise...It had been a long time since I last cleaned it. There might have been some dust on it while I used the windex. That might be why it seemed blurrier after wiping it off. It seems better now. Certainly better than before I cleaned it. Next, I'll dust the furniture/wood, desktop computer, printer, and miscellaneous other things. That might take a while, and I forgot about getting Endust. It still can be done without it. Just won't be as nice smelling and seemingly as clean. After that, I'll finally get to vacuuming my floor.

Read more of Bokke-san. I think the style reminds me of En Passant or Anagle Mole? It's weird that it seems so familiar. It's an odd style. Apparently Hino is a cat bokke or cat G-d. They refer to them as G-ds, because there isn't really a being like them and it's easier. It explains why he sprouts cat ears and paws when he transforms. These cat bokke, in the past, were known to leap over valleys, and slash mountains with their claws. That's cool. They met an ice-based bokke that explained more of what Hino is. He attacked them first, though. He found a book at the library that was all about the bokke. The pic for the cat one was naked, but facing away and hunched over. One of the weirdest poses in the book. They haven't shown Hino with a tail yet, but the one in the pic had one. 

Watched more of Mystic Whispers last night. There are only a couple more episodes left, so only one more ghost they'll help. From the preview, it seems like it's a ghost of someone that one of the main characters knew. Of course, they'll have a more personal one for last. 

Watched more of Black Clover. They ended up saving the kidnapped kids in the mountain, but the crazy scientist that wants to study Asta's body started attacking them. She's annoying. 

Also, watched more of the 2nd of Saiki Kusuo no Psi-nan. There was a lot of English in this one. Not said, but written down. It surprised me. The first part with that was Kusuo's brother planned a birthday game for him. Every clue was in English. It wasn't broken up and the grammar was correct. That's a bit rare with anime. I know that his brother lives in England, but it still was surprising. His birthday present to Kusuo was fireworks that read out: Happy Birthday, Kusuo! The next part with quite a bit of English was when Kusuo's father was critiquing a mangaka's idea for another manga. Every speech bubble was in English. So weird. 

Watched another episode of One Piece, too. They showed a bit of what happened with the other crew members. They were told to go to a nearby island when they were being attacked on the water by 2 enemies. I wonder how the crew at Dressrosa will meet up with the ones on another island, if their ship is at that other island as well. Maybe the previous king will give them a temporary ship. However, the navigator, Nami, is with the group that went to the island. I guess we'll see. Kaido showed himself, too. He had a business relationship with Doflamingo aka Joker. He's apparently always trying to kill himself. Even the marines have tried to kill him numerous times. He didn't know yet about Joker's defeat. It should be interesting to see his reaction. He looks a lot more powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment