Wednesday, May 9, 2018

24th of Iyar

It was another slightly warmer day than expected. It's close to 70 degrees right now. Perfect temp. Seems like it'll be cool enough for a walk after dinner. I, again, didn't get to my after dinner walk yesterday. It was too warm out. Plus, we went out late to get dessert. 

Dad got a few Xfinity internet pods. They help with spreading the connection to other parts of the house. Supposedly, my room had the weakest signal. Yay! It was pretty bad really anywhere upstairs. Whenever I wanted to watch something, I switched off the wifi on my phone, which wasn't the best solution. Now there's a pod in my room, near the kitchen, and I think in my mom's office. Even though there's one in my room, my desktop first connected with the one in the kitchen...I guess that pod is straight down from my desktop. Shorter distance that way? The connection has been much better than usual today. So, it's working. I thought the difficulty with connecting to the internet was my desktop, not that there was too weak of a signal. It would go for months at a time without being able to connect at all. Thus, why I had a difficult time blogging more often. This is an awesome improvement. Maybe I could watch things on my desktop again, too. Haven't been able to for a long time. When I publish my books, that process should go a lot faster with this. 

Wrote more of Alliance 3. Made a source list for all the ones mentioned in the cookbook. There are 53 sources. Quite a bit. Some of those are from family members and friends. According to the ones that had the dates recorded, she was collecting them from 1966 until 2001. 35 years! So long! Really like a time capsule. Even the most recent ones were a while ago. I have a feeling she stopped right around the time she was diagnosed with breast cancer. She already had a lot of recipes, but it feels like it might have had some role. A lot of them are from the early 80's. A lot from Texas. 

Started the animal lesson for German. I probably could have finished it, but lunch took a longer time than expected. I did gain enough points to be counted for the day. I might go back and finish it if I have time later. The words for animals are interesting. I could tell where some of the roots for the English words came from. The word for squirrel is very different. Much longer than most of the others I learned today. How they say owl is cute in a way. I've missed 2 so far in that lesson. One was just a really weird sentence, but I did understand it. With the other mistake, I wasn't familiar with the word yet, and they didn't let me see the meaning of it beforehand. Not too bad.

Started reading a manga called Bokke-san. This one's only 18 chapters. However, at least with the first chapter, it was about 60 pages long. Longer than most for manga. It probably comes out to medium length that way, if all of them are like that. The art reminded me of another manga or anime. I just can't place which one specifically...It's about Hinomiya or Hino for short, who ever since he saved someone as a little kid with his powers, has stopped talking completely. He became close friends with the one he saved that day, Sayu. He usually helps her with his supernatural power. (Usually to trick other people.) One day, a woman's murdered by a 'bokke', and her daughter manages to escape and runs to Sayu's place. Where Hino just so happened to be visiting. While fighting them, he transforms and realizes he's a bokke, too. He started talking again after the villains left. When he transformed, he had ears and what looked like cat or dog paws. Kind of cute. How the mom died was really gruesome. Interesting how dark the story actually is, but they throw cuteness, quirkiness, and humor in the mix. My kind of manga. 

I managed to dust my bathroom with a swiffer wand. There wasn't much this time. What I did find, I think I just didn't reach last time. I thought I'd have time to use Endust on the wood in that room, but the dusting took longer than I expected. Usually, after using the Endust, it smells amazing! A nice citrusy smell. Makes the wood shine, too. I'll just do that tomorrow. 

Finished inking Nico. Started drawing Rakesh's head. Should be interesting to see how he turns out. After I ink him, I'll post Ravel, Nico, and Rakesh to dA and Instagram. That should be soon.

The only other thing I didn't get to last night was watching Mystic Whispers on Netflix. That's ok. I watched the most current episode of Black Clover. I'm liking this one more with each episode. Asta's yelling seems to either have been lessened or I've gotten more used to it. The other characters of Black Bull are quite eccentric and interesting. All of them have something 'off' about them. I like the idea that the main character, Asta, doesn't have magic, but everyone else does. He has the ability of anti-magic. Something that can cancel any type of magic. In that world, that's a powerful thing to have. His sword is cool. He's also physically extremely strong. He feels he has to make up for not having magic, so he trains his body as much as he can. At first, he thought if he trained hard enough, he'll suddenly gain magic. His 'clover' spell book is a 5-clover, which is unheard of. Probably because it just has anti-magic 'spells'. Wouldn't that still be magic? They still haven't explained that part well. 

Watched Saiki Kusuo, and it just keeps getting better. The only issue I had was they seemed to talk faster than usual in this episode. They usually talk fast...Apparently one of the newer characters is lesbian, which is cool. She has a crush on Teruhashi who has a crush on Kusuo. Teruhashi is the most popular person at school, calls herself the most beautiful girl in the world, and always has a literal golden 'glow' around her. 

Watched an episode of One Piece last night, too. Zoro won his fight in an epic way. So, now there are only 2 executives left. Both of which Luffy and Law are fighting. However, Luffy's being stalled by Bellamy who suddenly decided to attack him. Bellamy was betrayed by Doflamingo. He also has felt that Luffy never took him seriously. So, he wants to fight him even though he's already so beat up, he'll most likely die in another fight. He's kind of pathetic at this point. He could have channeled that energy into fighting Doflamingo with Luffy and Law. Trebol is at Doflamingo's side. Another annoying one to get rid of. He ate the snot devil fruit. He's disgusting, even just to look at. Just oozing with mucus. Doflamingo ate the wire devil fruit. His is a lot cooler and deadlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment