Friday, May 18, 2018

International Museum Day!

Museums are important, so they definitely deserve a day celebrating them. The holiday started in 1977, and is coordinated by the International Council of Museums or ICOM. Every year has a theme. Last year's was Museums and Contested Histories: Saying the Unspeakable in Museums. This year it's Hyperconnected Museums: New Approaches, New Publics. 

Today's been roughly the same temp as yesterday, which has been nice. Not very sunny, though. Saw a rabbit in the backyard. Apparently, they've taken over that area. We see them every so often. They're big and fat looking, which is good to see. There's a big black cat that likes to roam the backyard, and I think it caught a baby rabbit at one point. It was sad to watch, but that was the only time I've seen it happen. It's good to see that they're not attacked often. I got up late again, but I'm trying to be kind to myself and not get upset about it. I just try to get what I can done. I also have some sort of cold, so it's understandable that my body would need extra sleep. 

Went through the first German lesson in the last section in Duolingo. The theme was business. I found it interesting that 'ware' (pronounced as: varuh) means merchandise or product. It makes sense that English carried that for words like warehouse or housewares. So, merchandise house or house products. I find the roots interesting. There was one part of the lesson that was a little difficult at first. It was a different way of thinking about a certain thing. I think I only missed 2 or 3 altogether today, which isn't bad. The next lesson is on more future tenses. After that, it'll be sports. I don't think they've covered sports yet in prior levels. 

Read more of the manga, Hajimete no Aku or My First Devil. Jiro has an invention that heats up a room. The problem is it increases the heat over time. It also was made to make the enemy to take off their armor. So, everyone started taking off their clothes. He couldn't turn it off, because it was too hot. The next invention was one where they switched souls. A fellow male student, Kimura, wanted to look like his brother before going out on a date with someone he met online. He had used his brother's pic for his profile. Pochi, the talking dog, was with them next to the machine, and they were about to wait for his brother, when the machine accidentally turned on. Jiro ended up in Pochi, Kimura was in Jiro, and Pochi was in Kimura. Then, Jiro's sister broke the machine, so they were stuck like that. Hits to the head, apparently, switched them back, but it was the classic cliche of switching bodies. They also played Mahjong at one point. Jiro didn't really understand it, but won anyways. They were playing the game with penalties. Whoever lost had to do whatever the winner told them to. They were thinking he'd ask for something really evil and/or perverted. (He isn't perverted, but Kyouko always thinks he is.) He just asked for another round, because he thought it was fun.

Didn't do much for cleaning today. Just the cat stuff and laundry, mainly. With this cold, I really didn't want to bother with dusting today. 

Finished watching Mystic Whispers on Netflix. It was ok. The last episodes weren't as great as the first couple. It was still entertaining. I'm thinking of starting The Rain next. I think it's Danish. I probably should be watching the ones I've already started beforehand, but I'm tempted by it.

Youtube: 

Gintama:

Charlotte:
The song really fits, but the dub of the anime in the last few seconds isn't great. Might be because I'm used to the sub version and like the original VA's voices. 

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (Assassination Classroom):
 

No comments:

Post a Comment