Tuesday, May 22, 2018

8th of Sivan

Wrote more of Alliance 3. I'm surprised how much I was able to write, considering I gave myself a little less time. I think I settled on a title for the cookbook: My Mother's Treasure Trove of Recipes. This way she's mentioned somewhere in the title, and it seemed like her treasure in a way. It fits to me. I didn't want it corny, plain, or too weird. I always save figuring out the title for just before formatting my books. It's a little late. Titles can be difficult. I might have figured out A3's as well. It might be Alliance: Darkness. The last one was Alliance: Dawn. I'm seeing a theme with that series. If I've figured that 3rd one out already, it's earlier than usual. I haven't finished writing the story for that one yet. Not sure how long it'll end up. It's 116 pages long at the moment. Roughly twice that if you factor in a regular paperback size. 

I also started looking at formatting an ebook version of the cookbook. At least, starting to reacquaint myself with the guidelines that both kdp (or Amazon) and Smashwords have. I could probably just copy what I did with previous books. I still remember a lot of the process, but I want to make sure. It should go faster than before, if I'm already pretty familiar with the process. Mainly simply skimming those guidelines. That's enough to remember certain parts for me right away. I've done this process 4 other times...The paperback formatting is much easier, since kdp has a blank template to fill in. However, it's a lot of copy and paste and can be time consuming. It's kind of like that for the ebook, too. I normally use .docx, but both kdp and Smashwords recommend .doc for the document. So, I usually make another one in that format. I end up with 3 different copies of one book. One that's the original, one that's for the ebook, and the final one that's for the paperback.

Finished the German sports and 'perfect 2' lessons. I only missed 2 this time. That's pretty good. The next one is on art. It has 6 parts for the first level. That's a lot. Should be interesting to see what that one's like. 

The manga Alive has been getting really intense. They all made it to the lake. Apparently, if all the power users battle it out, the 'heart' will appear from the lake. We still don't know what that is. Yuta was badly injured. Megu was forced to hold onto Taisuke or she'd die. So, he has to maneuver around and fight with her clinging to him. When she wasn't being mind controlled, she seemed tough and kept coming up with clever ways to escape. Now, she seems so weak and like a 'damsel in distress'. It's kind of annoying. She's the only one there without a power, though. 

For cleaning, I managed to get some dusting in. It looks like I didn't get far, but the area I got to in my bedroom was really bad. There must have been an inch of dust. Not having Endust makes it take a little longer, and sometimes I can't reach far enough into the cracks. It's a lot better now, though. 

Started drawing Tzvi's head/bust from Alliance. I'm not happy with how he looks at the moment. I'll just try to improve on him tomorrow. Haven't drawn in a little while, so that might be why he's not looking right at the moment.

Started watching The Rain on Netflix last night. It's a Danish show. I'm unsure if I like it so far, but it was only the first episode. For most of the episode they were stuck in a bunker. The rain carries a virus. The bunkers are apparently the only safe places. 

Also, watched more of One Piece last night. Luffy and some of his crew finally made it to Zou Island, where the other crew members went before them. Zou in Japanese means elephant. I knew that before, but I wasn't sure if there was another meaning. Turns out the entire island is on the back of a slowly moving ancient elephant. It reminds me of some sort of story that I can't place. The creator was clearly influenced by epic pirate legends, the Odyssey, Gulliver's Travels, and much more. Larger than life/epic stories. I love that sort of thing. Should be interesting to see what the island is really like, and what the rest of the crew is up to. Last time they appeared they were being attacked. They didn't show much of island itself, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment