Tuesday, May 15, 2018

1st of Sivan

It's the beginning of the month of Sivan on the Jewish calendar. It's also Rosh Chodesh Sivan. On the first of every month, there's a holiday, too. It's moon based and considered a women's holiday. This also means Shavuot is coming up. We celebrate and study the Torah all night and day of it. Also have lots of dairy, like cheesecake. 

Had a hard time sleeping last night, too. Ended up getting up later than I wanted again. It's understandable considering how warm my room was. I had a window fan up for a couple of hours before I went to bed. I thought it was making it too cool by the time I was getting ready for bed. So, I put it away, but left my window open. It quickly warmed up again. I was too tired to get the fan again...The cats also fought a lot in my room. Probably to get to the window. That was fun. Tonight should be better. It'll be a lot cooler, and the rest of the forecast looks like it'll be nice and have decent temps. 

Rosie managed to rip off the butterfly and wire from her new toy (we got it a few months ago). That had to have required a lot of force. She's a strong cat, so it doesn't surprise me much. I was thinking about looking for replacements for the butterflies, but find it odd to have to keep replacing them. Plus, now it'll be hard to get the broken wire 'stub' still attached to the machine off. There should be a similar toy out there that doesn't need constant replacements. She's really upset that we threw out what was left of it today. She has so many other toys! 

Didn't get to writing Alliance 3, the cookbook, or drawing today, either. Did much better than I thought I would in German. Only missed one question this time. About halfway through the lesson now, so it's a bit long. 

Read more of Alive. It seems that Taisuke's power isn't just heat based. He did seem different compared to how the others gained their powers. He can stop falling midair and land safely, use heat, and now heal or negate another 'comrades' ability. I'm guessing on the last one. Yuta had completely petrified and was starting to crumble, but Taisuke held onto him and begged for him to come back to 'life'. He suddenly went back to normal. While Taisuke was holding him, he did feel warm. So, it might still be heat based. They'll probably find out soon. They met a pastor with the power to petrify. He kills people, because he thinks he's ending their suffering and sending them back to G-d. Also, that people should be grateful for what he's doing. They defeated him, and he's taking them to the lake where Katsumata's group is meeting to get the 'heart'. Still don't know what that 'heart' is. 

Managed to get some cleaning done. I dusted the walls in my bedroom, along with what was on those walls, and the closet. There's a huge painting my mom did when she was in high school that hangs over the head of the bed. It's heavy, too. In fact, when we put it up, I thought that it was going to fall and crush me in the middle of the night. It's of a high school friend playing the guitar. I don't think I've ever dusted it until now. I was afraid I'd take some of the painting itself off along with the dust. So much dust came off of it! It looks much clearer now. 

Tried the next bread on my 'journey', which is rosemary olive oil bread, for snack. It was tougher than I expected. After adding margarine and heating it up in the microwave, it softened up nicely. Smelled amazing, too. Part of that toughness might be because I didn't have it for a few days. It might have gone slightly stale. It was a decent bread.

I plan to have some 'fresh' 3-cheese tortellini with pesto for dinner. Got both the pasta and sauce a couple of days ago, so it's not as 'fresh' now. I think I had them both in the past and they were really good. 

Watched more of One Piece last night. I've got less than 100 episodes to go until I catch up to the current ones. Not bad. It's a really long series. This time they mainly went over what happened to Sabo. Everyone thought he died as a little kid. He had amnesia after that 'accident'. His memories only came back after reading about Ace's death a couple of years ago, which crushed him. Ace and Luffy are his adopted brothers. I'm glad Luffy was able to meet with Sabo at Dressrosa. Luffy was still asleep during what I watched last night. Sabo told his story to Luffy's crew, and left without saying goodbye to him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment