Thursday, May 24, 2018

10th of Sivan

Wrote more of Alliance 3. Gave myself less time with it, yet I ended up writing quite a bit. For the ebook version of the cookbook, I did the front matter, and copied and pasted the body of the manuscript. Every 'chapter' has to have a page break. That takes up more space. The chapters are really categories like meat, fish, drinks, candies, etc. The dedication page is super short. There's a preface page, as well. That one's longer. I figure it's actually shorter than many other cookbooks that have it. There needed to be some background before people dove in. The table of contents hasn't been linked to the 'chapters' yet. That can be time consuming. Probably will do that next time. I was surprised I got the body of it done. That usually takes longer, can be annoying, and is monotonous. I'll have to copy and paste my source list to it, too. I'll link that to the toc. This is going much faster than last time. My computer is running faster and smoother, so that might be why. The original Word document is 102 pages. So far the ebook one is 116 pages. It's going to be quite a difference. However, that page count will vary with different devices. Just interesting to see the difference in Word. Not much left for the ebook. Then, it'll be on to downloading the paperback version's template, and filling that in. After that, it'll be the book covers. Finally, it'll be figuring out details like pricing and the description through the publishing forms of both versions. Then, it'll be published. I've decided not to do the preorder thing this time. I think it caused some confusion with my last two books.

Turns out Dad wants me to add some of her recipes, too. I asked her to write those down. It was mainly going to be the ones that were in the photo album, but if she really wants me to add them, I will. It'll take a little more time to write those out, and add them to the ebook/paperback. As long as there aren't too many, it shouldn't add that much time. I didn't really want to add to it...It has plenty of stuff already. Plus, I feel so close to finishing it.

Edit: I thought about it and briefly spoke again with her. I think I'll make another cookbook in the future based on her recipes. This current one is mainly about Mom and the recipes she collected and put in a photo album. Dad agreed that it might be better to make another cookbook centered on her. I can honor both of them this way. Also, it won't take longer to finish the current cookbook if I'm not going to add her stuff. This will be great for both.

For German, I went through the passive verb and religion lessons. I only missed a couple, because for some reason my eyes blurred and I couldn't see things correctly. I was hesitant about the religion one, but I think they were respectful and not like they were pushing one of them. One of the sentences was funny. It was about a holy potato. I already knew what Jewish was Juden, pronounced as yoo-den. Synagogue is interesting. It's spelled as synagoge and pronounced as zoo-na-goh-guh. I think all religions are masculine words? They use 'der' when putting a 'the' before them. Der seems to be masculine. That was interesting. The politics lesson is coming up soon. I guess they try to throw in what might be 'controversial' for the last section of lessons. I wonder if it'll be about their system. That'd be cool to learn about. 

I got more dusting done in my bedroom. Finished the short bookshelf I started yesterday, did the tall one next to it, did the CD stand next to that, and got to a small section of the tall dresser next to that. Quite a bit. The towel I used was absolutely full of dust when I stopped. More than last time. I wonder how fast I'll get through the rest of it. I think the tall dresser and my desk are the worst with the dust. The desk has my computer/monitor on top of it, and those can be dust magnets. Keyboard, too. There's my printer next to the computer that collects quite a bit itself. At least, I'm finally getting to it.

For drawing, I didn't have much energy for it, but I did think about how I wanted to design Antonio. I also ordered my meds, since I'll need the next batch soon. One of them apparently is out of refills, so they have to get it approved. My primary never renews it until after I order my next one. Her excuse in the past was they won't let her renew it until it runs out. She's the only doctor/medical professional who has told me this. That has always seemed fishy, yet when she does renew it, it's for another year's worth. It'll just add a couple of more days to the delivery date, since they have to get it approved. I like to order from their mail-order pharmacy, when I remember before my meds run out. It's nice that it can be mailed to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment