Thursday, May 10, 2018

25th of Iyar

It has been a lot cooler today. In the mid-50s. It's raining, too. The rest of the forecast this week looks really warm. Hopefully, it won't get too warm.

Yesterday, I got to my after dinner walk finally! Yay! Not only that, but I did the whole thing, instead of stopping halfway like last time. Did it in the half hour I planned. Pretty much exactly. According to My Fitness Pal, I was going at a very brisk pace. People usually tell me I go too fast when they see me on my walks. Most of the time I want to see how fast I can go. I don't care if they think it's too fast. I go faster without a jacket and really blare my music from my mp3 player. That walk felt really good. It was the perfect temp, too. I'm hoping I can get one in today, even though it might still be raining. 

I've been mostly keeping up with my schedule this week, and I feel so much better overall. My eyes aren't straining as much, I'm getting things done, I have more of a day, feel more tired by the end (helps a little more with my sleep), and more. However, my gut's starting to act up even more. I don't think it likes this. I normally have the pain, but it has gotten worse. I'm going to try and power through it. 

It's almost the weekend where I plan to sleep more and my schedule will be a lot more lax/flexible. I can 'recover' then. I planned out what I could do on Shabbat. Sometimes I refrain from so many things that I don't know what to do or get easily bored. I figured out how to get around that, but still go easy on myself. I can do more things than I thought. I'll try to have my own services, and that includes Havdalah. I normally skip that. I'll also go over the parsha or Torah portion and look up commentary on it. 

I've kept up with blogging this week, too. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to. The stronger internet connection certainly helps. It'll be interesting to see if I could really do it every day but Shabbat.

Wrote more of Alliance 3. Rewrote the dedication/preface for the cookbook. It's a lot better now. Oddly, the updated version came to me last night, as I was trying to sleep. It was annoying, but I'm glad I wrote it down. I also started putting the sources in alphabetical order in another Word document. (I had just jotted them down in Notepad earlier.) I almost forgot to put my mom as one...That would have been sad to leave her name out of it. After I finish putting them in order, I'll look at other templates. I'm going through this stuff faster than I thought I would. I think a lot of people will want it when it's published. Especially the many people that knew her. No pressure, right? 

Finished the German animal lesson on Duolingo last night. Got through about half of another present tense lesson. It's a longer one than the animal lesson. So, it's not bad. I didn't miss one until the last part I went through today. That was good, too. I'll finish that tomorrow. 

It has been a while since I last read the manga, Helck. It's getting really intense at the moment. I keep thinking I'm close to the end, but there are 45 more chapters and they usually have extra half chapters thrown in. There must be another big arc or something. This manga was lighthearted and full of humor towards the beginning, but it has become darker and more serious. Occasionally, the humor's still there but it seems to be less and less frequent. Reminds me of what happened to Gintama in many ways. It's still good, just different. It'd be cool if they made an anime adaptation of Helck. I think it's the type of series that would be enhanced by seeing it in motion. It probably would be popular, too. 

I dusted the wood in my bathroom this time. Ran out of Endust, but luckily the towel I was using had enough of it soaked in that I got to everything in there. Even if it hadn't, I would have continued to wipe things down. At least, I would have gotten the dust off either way. Maybe not as well and clean as with Endust, but close. Managed to start dusting the walls and windows in my bedroom. It was really gross. It has been a very long time. It was so much dust that when I opened my window, I could see it coming out in plumes. Similar to smoke coming off of the Swiffer wand. I didn't realize there was that much. I haven't made it very far into that room, either. Probably not very healthy.

Finished drawing and inking Rakesh. I'm not exactly happy with it, but I think if I had continued to mess with it, it would have gotten worse. I drew a better design of him in the past. Same with Nico. Oh well. I'll post Ravel, Nico, and Rakesh on dA and Instagram either later or tomorrow. With them, I've drawn 15 characters so far. It's interesting to see them all together on one page. I might post the whole page to dA when it's completely filled. That'd be interesting to see. Not sure about Instagram, since it's weird about pics that are a certain size. I have roughly 4 more spaces for heads. So many! I might color the heads in when I'm done with all of the ones I can remember.

Watched another couple of episodes of Mystic Whispers on Netflix last night. This time it was about a ghost that was addicted to his smartphone. It seemed sadder than the previous one. 

Watched a few more episodes of One Piece last night. Since I skip the opening and recap of most episodes (I'll only watch the opening once if it's new), each one is roughly 18 minutes. Not long. Plus, there hasn't been that many anime shows that have interested me this season. Why not catch up some more on this one in the meantime? They teased the viewers with the idea of killing off Law. I hated that, but I knew he must have figured out a way to survive. Bellamy is apparently dead now. He begged Luffy to fight him, and with a single punch, Luffy defeated him. That whole fight pissed off Luffy even more. They're close to beating Doflamingo now. Yay! He wants to kill everyone by slowly shrinking the wire 'birdcage' he set up over the entire island nation of Dressrosa. The wires are slicing through the outskirts of the country as they close in. People who are in the way of it, would be sliced instantly. It hasn't sliced people up yet, though. Hopefully, it won't. That's pretty evil and ruthless. He seems to be the biggest and baddest villain so far. Makes me wonder what the next one will be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment