Tuesday, May 8, 2018

National Empanada Day!

It's been a while since I've had an empanada. I love the beef ones and peach ones. I think I saw empanadas as a dessert on Azteca's menu last time I was there. So, at least I know one place has them locally. 

It's warmer today than what was in the forecast. It got up to 80 degrees. I think it was about the same yesterday. We're not normally that warm this time of year. I was going to go for a walk after dinner yesterday, but I think it took me so long to figure out dinner that I just skipped it. Hopefully, I can do it tonight. Maybe I should think about dinner sooner, too. 

Managed to get everything but that walk done yesterday. So far, I've gotten everything on my 'schedule' done today. It really feels like a full day this way. I get an actual morning, which I didn't feel like I was getting before. I think Rosie's a little upset I'm not stopping to pet her as often...She has been biting, meowing, tripping me, and trying to scratch my pant leg more often. It's annoying.

Wrote a lot more of Alliance 3 today. My computer didn't slow down like yesterday when I wrote. In fact, even the internet connection has been more stable. Yay! A3 is up to 108 pages now. In normal book form that'd be roughly 216 pages. That's a lot. Finally got to the next chapter. The previous one ended up being over 20 pages, which is longer than my usual. Still trying to decide if I want to split that one up. I'm getting a pretty steady stream of ideas for A3 now. I did hit a block a couple of weeks ago, and wasn't sure where I wanted to take the story. The new ideas aren't what I expected, but have taken it to an interesting turn. Not sure how long this sequel will be. Feels like I just got into it. I don't want it to be too long, though.

Finished the generalized editing of the cookbook today. It's now a page shorter, at 102 pages. I'm all good with making it a little shorter. Next, I'll get the sources together. Then, I might look at other cookbook designs to make sure I like my current one. Eventually, I'll redo the preface/prologue. After that, I'll be formatting it for both the ebook and print versions. Still have quite a lot to do with this one. I still think it'll be ready to be published before A3. 

The lesson today in Duolingo for German was on abstract objects. Did better than I expected in this one. I think I might have missed 2 this time. Not bad. Next time it'll be on animals. I've liked the previous animal lessons, so that should be fun. I'm thinking of listening to the Rammstein CDs that I got and used to listen to as a teen. I thought the band was cool and still do. Their songs are still being used in some epic amv's (anime music videos). It might be interesting to pick out the German that I know now. I used to think their song Ich Will meant 'I will', but it's really 'I want'. A bit different. There are a couple of other bands I've heard of that I can look more into. Might look around Germany in Google Maps or other map apps during the weekends. It'd be cool to look around there. I could even cook German food if I wanted to. As well as watch their news somehow. With all this it'll feel like I really am in Germany. I know it won't really be the same, though. 

Read more of the manga, Alive. It's a very interesting series. Taisuke's (main character) group is getting closer to where Katsumata's group, or their adversaries, are. The reporters found Taisuke's group and are trying to hide their identities. They claim that they love to go to scenes where strange incidents have occurred. Like the police station that was blasted full of holes, and there was only one survivor. I'm really not liking Hirose. He's the main character's 'friend'. The one who used to get bullied and Taisuke would defend and fight them off. He's now with Katsumata and kidnapped Megumi who is also a close friend of both of them. Although, Hirose apparently wants his relationship with her to be 'more'. Megumi's the only one with Katsumata's group that doesn't have powers. At least, not yet. Not sure if she will. Katsumata's group is going to search for a 'heart'. Even the other members of the group don't know what that really means. They just know they have to have a certain amount of members, so they've been collecting them. 

Managed to clean my bathroom counter. That included things like the soap dish that was building up crud, my q-tip holder (a ceramic bowl) that had a layer of thick dust, etc. It really needed to be done. Even though it wasn't that long ago since I last cleaned that stuff. Yesterday, I did miscellaneous things for the 'cleaning' part of the day. Things like washing Rosie's big water bowl and giving her some fresh water, laundry stuff, and more. I might finally get to dusting and vacuuming my bedroom soon, if I keep this up. Haven't done either of those in a very long time. I also will eventually get to looking under my bed. It has been much longer since I went through that stuff. I remember cramming a bunch of stuff under there. I know tissues sometimes make their way in there, too. I'm a little scared to look...Since I don't really know. There could be hair, but I'm more nervous about finding bugs. I don't think there are any, but I occasionally see tiny black bugs near my bed. It's been a while since I've seen them. It still scares me a bit. I think most of the stuff I'll find I'll want to toss. 

Finished drawing Nico's head. I experimented a bit with the shape of his eyes. I'm still unsure what my style for my characters' eyes really is. This seemed better than the previous ones, though. He has the shortest and straightest haircut so far, so I didn't have to spend much time on that. I'll ink him tomorrow. I'll probably draw Rakesh, too. His design is a bit 'different' in my head. His eyes have no pupils. So, that alone makes him unique compared to the others.

Last night I watched more of the Singaporean drama, Mystic Whispers, on Netflix. It's funny, cute, and dark all at the same time. The 2 episodes (they're only a half hour each) I watched were about a ghost that had been overweight since she was a child. She was constantly trying to diet. Her dieting got more severe and she exercised intensely after falling for a coworker. Nothing worked, though. She eventually gave up one night and started binging on whatever was in sight. That's how she died. Before she went insane with the dieting she actually looked cute. She was very heavy-set, but it somehow suited her. She tried to possess Xiao Yun and lose weight as a ghost that way. She said she'd only leave Xiao alone when she lost any amount of weight. Xiao is one of the main characters. She can hear ghosts. That's why she tries to drown them out all the time with her music blaring in her noise-canceling headphones. Ji En is the other main character. He's a mortician and an exorcist (probably a fake one). Every time Xiao and Ji hold hands they can see the ghosts. Ji created a device for them in order to clearly listen to them, and they help them move on. They tried to get her to lose weight. The other side of this is Xiao is already very skinny. In fact, there's a running thing with Ji making fun of her being like bamboo. Apparently when the ghost possessed her she weighed as much as the ghost did...Her physique never changed, though. Nothing worked. At the end, she found out that the coworker she loved felt the same way about her. He thought she was adorable. That helped her move on. It was a sad yet good one. 

Watched more of One Piece last night, too. This arc has been really stretching. I'm still going through the Doflamingo one. I think it's close to the end of that arc. They've taken out most of the family's executives. There are only 3, including Doflamingo himself, of them left. They've also already rescued the Tontatta's princess, Mansherry. Law's not doing too well, but I still think he has something up his sleeve. I hope he doesn't die. I like him a lot. I have a feeling Mansherry will heal him. I won't mention his main injury, but he'll need her help. It's pretty brutal. He's normally the one to heal people. But, his ability is surgical. Hers is different. Plus, he probably can't perform surgery on himself, especially right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment