Friday, May 11, 2018

26th of Iyar

Today was slightly warmer than yesterday. Around the mid-60s. A lot sunnier, too. This weekend looks like it'll be sunny and a nice temp. Low to mid-70s. Not bad. I skipped my after dinner walk yesterday. Mainly because I was too focused on something, and had dinner late because of it. It was rainy off and on, too. With the way I'm feeling, I don't think I'll do it tonight, either. 

My gut pain was a lot worse today. It seemed to rebel physically, too. Going to the bathroom more often (which has excruciatingly more painful than usual), burping more often, and the lower part of my belly bloated up. Fun. Something's definitely up with it today. The pain's like I swallowed hot coals, hot poker was shoved up my butt, abdomen was slit open, my intestines had tiny cuts, salt rubbed into those wounds, and then acid poured slowly over it. Difficult to do much with that sort of pain. More than just a 'stomachache' or bathroom issue. It's not usually this bad. Maybe it was triggered by the sudden change with having a schedule this week? Don't know. Things like that can upset it. I've been told I don't need to call my gastro or primary or go to the Urgent Care/ER, unless it's this bad for several days. Or, I've got a high fever and have been throwing up along with this for a few days. So, I'm kind of stuck this way. However, I also don't trust both my gastro and primary...More signs that I'm flaring again, at least. According to them, they wouldn't be able to do much if it was 'just' a flare anyways. 

For the pain, I recently took some Tylenol, but that really doesn't help much with this sort of pain. It's the only painkiller I can have, though. Most of the other over-the-counter stuff, if not all of them, can make the inflammation worse. There's also a higher chance they'll make me bleed internally more than it would if I didn't have colitis. The heavier prescription-type painkillers can be difficult to get, and they can cause issues, too. So, gastros tend to shy away from that. They also don't want addicts to misuse them, which makes it harder for people who need it. I should probably be monitoring my temp, too. I'm usually lazy about that. 

Managed to do almost everything I wanted to today, but for about half the time I planned. That's ok. Especially since the rest of the week stuck to it so well. With this post, I would have already gone over my usual amount of posts per month. That's great! I'm sticking to it well. 

I'm thinking every Friday I'll share at least a couple of amv's. It'll be like a little extra treat. I haven't looked for many lately, but I do have more than the last time I shared them. Youtube seems to work better now that I have a stronger internet connection, which will make it easier to share vids. I'm still surprised Blogger has a search option for vids, but not all of them are available that way. 

Wrote a little more of Alliance 3, and finished the alphabetized source list for the cookbook. Finished the present tense German lesson on Duolingo, as well as the body parts one. The body parts one was really easy for me. The word for brain is a little difficult to pronounce even thought it looks simple, which is 'gehir'. It's like the 'hir' part is trilled somehow. Also, the word for fat made me laugh, which is 'dick'. They harped on it, too. It was used so often, I think they knew it would be a funny one for English speakers. I sometimes forget that in words with 'kn' the k is not silent. It's like a kuh. Same with words with 'pf'. The p isn't silent either. 

Read more of the manga Hajimete no Aku or My First Devil. It has been better than I expected. The romance between the two main characters is actually cute and not overly done. That's rare. The downside is they're cousins. I don't like the incest angle. Jiro (one of the main characters) says he's evil, but he seems to be a very good and just person instead. He seems to be more of a good guy than the actual 'good' guys in the story. The only thing 'evil' about him is his insistence that he'll eventually modify Kyouko's (other main character) body, and even with that I'm not entirely sure he's serious. 

With cleaning, it was much like I did on Monday. Doing miscellaneous things like laundry, the cats' stuff, etc. I skipped drawing for the day. I think that was ok, considering I did manage to post the last batch of character heads/busts from Alliance to dA and Instagram last night. Many people have already liked them on Instagram. Had one person ask me for tips to improve in drawing, which I was surprised by. I'm not that great. I'm still figuring stuff out for my own art. I think I'm improving, though. Maybe they could see that. I think next will be Tzvi, Antonio, and Doina. They should be fun to do, too.

Watched more of Mystic Whispers on Netflix last night. This time it was about a ghost who worked as a maid to an abusive mother. The maid spoke neither English nor Chinese, but Indonesian. They had a hard time translating what she was saying. The mother would beat up her son, and if anything was out of place, her maid. They tried to portray her as being mentally ill. Specifically, manic depressive. It was a very poor portrayal. It was more like she had dissociative identity disorder (DID), which is also known as multiple personality disorder. Also, after a month of treatment, she was suddenly 'normal'. It doesn't work like that...It takes a while to see what treatment works, and then improve on it. A month isn't realistic. Plus, the quip that there wouldn't be mental illness if people just enjoyed the beauty of life more, was somewhat insulting. You can be severely mentally ill and enjoy the beauty around you. In fact, for some, that can be a symptom to enjoy it too much. So much wrong! Also, was her son still with her during that month? That doesn't seem safe in reality. The rest of this series has been great. 

Watched more of One Piece last night. Luffy's new 4th Gear form looked hilarious at first. In case people don't know, Luffy ate the rubber (or gum-gum) devil fruit as a kid. So, he's essentially made of rubber and most of his attacks are based on him stretching. However, he can control the elasticity, hardness, and other elements. It's interesting. With each 'Gear' form he messes with his body internally. He can manipulate his bones more, blood, organs, heat, speed, etc. It takes a lot out of him with each 'Gear', and it can be fatal. Anyways, with this one he turned into a giant hardened bouncing black rubber ball. He barely has feet in this form, and he can 'fly' by bouncing through the air. He's much faster and can stretch, seemingly, infinitely in this form. The look is kind of ridiculous, but what he can do with it is cool. Doflamingo seems to not be a match for it. This guy just keeps going. It'd be great to see how he is finally defeated. 

Youtube:

One Punch Man:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment