Monday, May 28, 2018

National Hamburger Day!

Makes sense that today would be Hamburger Day. People usually are having picnics, out grilling/barbecuing, going to the beach, etc. on Memorial Day. It's usually considered the first unofficial day of summer. It's also National Brisket Day. BBQ'd brisket is awesome, and goes along with the summer food theme. 

Managed to have my own Friday night Shabbos service. I have a siddur or prayer book that I can follow for Shabbos services. It's an old one, and it's definitely not the best. It's something, though. It has 3 different Friday night services. I closed my door during it and Rosie was not happy. Every few minutes she scratched and meowed at the door begging to be let in. I was surprised by how fast the Friday night one went. It might have been because I was the only one and therefore there was no minyan, but it still seemed odd. Minyan is at least 10 Jewish adults that's required for certain parts of the service. (The Torah can be counted if there are only 9 adults.) For example, if you have less than 10 Jews, you can't have the Torah part of the Shabbos service in the morning. You can certainly study it, though. Even if I wasn't following that, there wasn't much more for Friday night. It ended up being around 30 minutes. 

I also did my own Shabbos morning service. This time I left my door open and Rosie joined me. Luckily, she didn't play with my tallit (fringed prayer shawl). Since I essentially skipped half of it, because it was just me, it ended up being about as long as the night one. I might follow along with a synagogue that live-streams their services this coming Shabbos. That'd be nice to do, too.

I did read the parsha (Torah portion) after my Shabbos morning service. I haven't kept up with that for a while. I don't have a Jewish calendar that lists the parshas anymore. I have to look it up online. That doesn't take long. It's just easier when it's right in front of my face...If I were already keeping track, I'd still have to look because there are special Shabbos' that have added parts to read/study. I didn't get to look at commentaries on the parsha, but might do that next time. It's always interesting to look at different interpretations of it. 

I didn't get to doing Havdalah (closing ceremony for Shabbos) this time. Hope to next time. It can be somewhat dangerous if I'm the only one. Considering the braided candle for it makes a huge flame. I'm also getting towards the bottom of the one I got from Israel. You're supposed to hold it most of the time. It is cool to watch, though. I like that Mom made a spice box for Havdalah. It's not fancy, but it seems more special that way. I love smelling the spices. It looks cool when we douse the lit candle in grape juice or wine at the end, as well. 

Went to World Market yesterday. I always find interesting stuff there. This time I got Black Forest Cake Pudding Bars from the UK, artichoke bruschetta, garlic and herb Jack cheese spread, and red cabbage salad from Poland. Haven't had the 'pudding' bars, and I'm not exactly sure what they are like. They sound good. Might have some for dessert later. The bruschetta and cheese are both great. I had them both in a sandwich with chicken for lunch. They go well together. The cheese wedge servings are huge! Low in calories, too. I don't see myself being able to eat a whole one in one sitting. I thought the salad would be similar to the German rotkohl, but it's unique in its own way. It's not as tart and has a strong cinnamon taste. 

I mentioned not too long ago about the 'results' I've been getting while recording it in MyColitis. Pretty much every time I go now it's black. Not a good sign. I'm also getting weird twitching, squeezing, and like a rubber band snapping thing happening in the mid-right section of my abdomen. Most of the time it's just annoying, other times it really hurts. I'm wondering, if I do have an upper GI (gastrointestinal) bleed, that it might be happening in that area. I have to at least tell my primary about this soon. I thought it'd go away on its own, but it's been that color for a while. It's not like I'm constipated, which is pretty much the only other reason for it to be that color. If it was food with black dye, everything that I've eaten for several weeks would have it. I'm actually going more frequently, too.

Another thing I probably should bring up with her is falling asleep while inside any vehicle that's in motion. It doesn't matter if it's a car, ferry, plane, etc. I'll suddenly have a very strong urge to sleep once it's in motion. It's hard to fight it. Sometimes I can do so if someone's talking to me at the same time. However, that doesn't always keep me from falling asleep. I've always been like this, but I think it's getting worse as I age. I don't know what she could do, but it might be worth noting to her. Sometimes, it's actually nice. Especially considering I have such a hard time sleeping normally. I'm wondering if it's particularly bad now, that it might be related to what's going on with my colitis. If it's an internal bleed, I could be becoming anemic. That might make me sleepier. Thus, making it harder to keep myself awake in a car.

Didn't write more of Alliance 3, since I wanted more time to format the paperback of the cookbook. The cookbook's paperback is going to be 6" x 9". About the size of most of my books. The only one that was bigger was the memoir. I thought it'd be a good size, since it's not a very long book. Decided to put the preface after the table of contents for both versions. The paperback's toc is a bit odd. The 'chapters' couldn't all fit on one page. One chapter ended up on the next page. It looks kind of lonely in the middle of the page like that. I suppose it's alright. After copying and pasting a few 'chapters', my computer suddenly decided to crash and go into sleep mode. I panicked, because I wasn't saving as I went. Luckily, Word recovered most of it. It also pissed me off. I would have gotten much further if that hadn't happened. Oh well. I'll do more tomorrow. It'd be cool if I could finish it then. 

Finished the adverbs 4 German lesson, and started the abstract objects 3 one. The adverbs lesson was longer than I expected, but I was surprised I finished it in one sitting, and continued to the next one. Missed a couple of the questions/exercises this time. 

Read more of +Anima. It seems they're finally going to go over Cooro's background. He was the one that started the little group of +animas. Everyone has had their chance to tell their story, except him. If I remember correctly, the manga started with him being abandoned as a baby and taken in by a church. He was already a +anima. Normally, someone has to be in a life or death situation, and the first animal they see, they take on their characteristics. If they saw a fish; they grow a fish tail, gills, have scales, fins, etc. If they saw a bird; they have wings, feathers cover their body, have talons, and more. They can transform back to their human forms. Cooro is a crow +anima. He seems to be the only one who has never felt awful about being one. I wonder if he was the result of an experiment. Someone wanted to see if one could be born as a +anima. That would be interesting. The church thought he was an angel of death, since he has black wings, but he says they still loved him. When asked why he left, he didn't answer. A friend that Cooro knew back when he was at the church showed up. She became a swallow +anima. Another bird one. He was surprised, because the last time he saw her, she wasn't one. 

Along with the regular miscellaneous cleaning for today, I got some more dusting done. I had forgotten to look at a folded up bookcase under my tall dresser. It was absolutely caked with dust. Gross. I dusted my chair, keyboard, mouse, speakers, monitor, and part of the desk itself. There was a lot of dust on most of these things. My monitor's so much clearer looking. I accidentally tilted it forward a bit, and wasn't sure how to tilt it back at first. It can't bend very much, but it was just slight enough that I noticed it. Next will be my computer, stuff on top of the computer, printer, and the rest of the desk. Should be really nice to see it dust free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment