Tuesday, May 29, 2018

15th of Sivan

Something's been weird with the internet connection today (even with the pods' 'mesh'), so I'm using the blogging app this time. I think it might just be a regional thing, not just us. Haven't used it in a while. It's ok to use it occasionally. 

Finished formatting/creating the print version of the cookbook. I'm surprised I finished it already. Tomorrow, I'll start making the covers. It'll be interesting if I finish it then, too. It won't just be the art, but also figuring out the description. It might be something similar to the preface. Not exactly, but similar idea to it. There's not much left to do besides that and filling out the publishing forms. 

For German, I finished the Abs. Ob. 3 lesson, and started the V. Con. 2 lesson. Both these lessons are long. The first one had 8 parts to it, the 2nd one has 10. Most of the level 1 stuff has 5 or 6 parts. Usually, they increase the number with higher levels of the same lessons, so this is weird. I'm surprised I got as much done as I did. Only missed 3 questions. Not bad. After I finish the current one, the next lesson is on philosophy. That should be interesting. A little nervous they have a skull for its icon. I only have 8 lessons left of the course. However, for most of them, I've only completed the first level. There are 4 more to each lesson. So, even though I'm close to the 'end', it's not truly the end. Probably will take a long time to finish it all. I'm also curious about other languages like Chinese. Maybe even going back to Russian. Studied a little of that in college. 

Read more of the manga Alive. There were too many things going on at once. Everyone was fighting each other. At some point they seemed to be going crazy. An outsider tried to snap Taisuke out of it, but Hiro killed her in an instant. All that was left of her was part of her hair braid, and there was a crater where she had been standing. Taisuke screamed and seemed to 'break' at that moment. He triggered the 'heart' to come out of the lake. It's like a power orb. One of Katsumata's members immediately got it and absorbed it. She soon regretted it, because it didn't 'choose' her. It made her explode, and people could see her past in the black haze. She was annoying, but it was an awful way to go. The orb ended up choosing Hiro. When he absorbed it, there was a bright light, and that's where I stopped. It was also revealed that Katsumata's power is manipulation. He essentially has all his 'comrades' brainwashed. They'll do anything he says. He's annoying in different ways. Taisuke seems to have powered up, too. It seems like it's close to the end, yet there's a lot more chapters to this manga. I'm not even halfway through. 

I normally feel pretty nauseous, but today has seemed especially bad. It was made worse when I heard Tasha throwing up on the banister. Then, even more so when I saw it and had to clean it up. I felt like running to the toilet several times as I cleaned it off. Often when she throws up it's either clear or a hairball. That's usually not bad to deal with. This time was worse. There was actually food and other stuff, and was a lot. It stunk more that way, too. It must have felt awful, and I do hope she feels better now. Cleaning it up tired me out for a while. I didn't need that drama. 

When it was time to groom Rosie, she was in the litter box, so I waited. Like usual, she scratched the bookcase and wall near it after she was done. I stopped her, and she ran out. Then, ran back in and just scratched some more. After stopping her a few times, all she wanted to do was clean herself. So, I told her I wouldn't be using the mitt today. A little while later she begged me to use the mitt. I couldn't say no after a few minutes of her doing that...I give in too easily with her.

In addition to the usual cleaning, I finished dusting my desk. My computer was packed with dust. I hadn't seriously dusted it in a long time. That can be dangerous. I used both a towel and an air duster on it. When I blew the air duster over the fan, it was like an avalanche of dust. Good that a lot of that stuff is gone now. The printer had quite a bit, too. I kept sneezing every few minutes while I dusted today. I didn't sneeze much with the other areas. I guess it shows that it was the worst area so far. It probably was making me sicker. There isn't much left to dust in my room, and I don't think the rest of it is too bad. Needs to be done, but it's not like how my desk was. After I finish dusting, I'll vacuum the room. I haven't done that in a while. Should be nice when I finish that, too. Setting a time to clean every weekday has helped a lot. 

Limiting my social media time has helped me, as well. Facebook was like the biggest time sucker, much as I still like it. Now my eyes are feeling healthier, I have more time for other stuff, and I'm not staying up late on it. That's to name just a few of the benefits I've had so far. I save most of my social media stuff for the weekend, although even with that I've set a time limit. On weekdays, I might post personal posts (my blog, Instagram, personal status on fb, etc.), an article I might have found through my Google news alerts, and check notifications. I don't go through my feeds during that time. I miss a lot of what friends and family post during the week, which is one of the only downsides. I could go through their posts first when I go through my 'feed' during the weekend. That'd be a way to stay on top of it. 

Started watching Chosen on Netflix last night. It's more of a Chinese 3-part special, than a regular show. I think it's a remake of an American one. It's a really intense thriller. It's good so far. It's about a family (parents, son, and grandpa) from China visiting Australia, and the father being forced to play a killing game. The 'chosen' person gets a box with a pic that has a time signature and name of the next person they have to kill. There's a gun underneath the pic. If they don't kill that person, they threaten your family. Another chosen person will be assigned to kill you, too. The father doesn't want to hurt anyone. It's interesting hearing both Chinese and English. Especially, the Australian accent mixed in there. Each part is pretty long, so I'm watching an hour each time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment