Wednesday, May 23, 2018

National Taffy Day!

Taffy's a fun summertime candy. A little bit goes a long way, though. Interesting that there's a day devoted to it. 

According to the MyColitis app, I've been having an upper GI bleed the last few days. This goes by the color of the 'evidence'...If it's black, that's apparently what it is. Wahoo! I was scared when I started noticing it a couple of months ago, but it wasn't all the time, so I just shrugged it off. Now it's becoming more frequent. I do feel different than my new 'norm' when I'm like this. Mainly that there's a very strong fire in my stomach and/or near it. It's more than just 'heartburn'. Every time I try to breathe, it makes it worse. If it's true that I have an upper GI bleed, than I have more than the colitis. I might actually have Crohn's. The colon can be affected if you have that, too. Gastros haven't been sure if it was UC or Crohn's, but my first one was leaning towards the latter at the beginning. My stomach and duodenum (little part between the stomach and the small intestines) were slightly affected in that endoscopy at the beginning, too. They say if it were a lower GI bleed, it'd be red with visible blood. That'd be more indicative of UC. It's never been that way. So, that's saying something.

I find this app somewhat enlightening as I update it. Things have been changing in general with my gut according to it. I haven't been as on top of inputting what I eat, but I thought I'd do that with MyFitnessPal. Haven't been using that for the last couple of days, though. With recording what you eat through MyColitis, it has the time, a spot to describe what you had, what your appetite was beforehand, and what were your symptoms afterwards. It's a bit more handy in writing specifics about it. MyFitnessPal breaks down the nutrition facts for everything. That way I'm on top of calories, protein, sodium, etc. (Even how much I drink, which is important as well.) However, I never reach my requirement for things like protein. I barely reach half of it most of the time. I guess I should be keeping track in both apps. I also haven't been recording symptoms in MyColitis. I might have a couple of times when the pain was so bad I couldn't walk, but they want to know the day-to-day ones, too. It has a mood section that I haven't been keeping track of either. I got to get on top of those things. Maybe it'll be easier to see if it's a symptom that's causing the bleed, instead. I don't know. 

Wrote a lot more of Alliance 3 than I expected to. 3 pages this time. For the cookbook, I had to rearrange a few things that I forgot about. Managed to start formatting the ebook version of it, though. It shouldn't take me long. I like when I posted on fb about figuring out the title, someone said to save them a copy. I...don't need to. It'll be on Amazon. They have unlimited copies. Even of the paperback version. It was a little weird, but nice that they were so excited about it. I have a feeling many people will want it. She knew a lot of people. I know both local congregations might be interested in it, most of the family I'm friends with on fb probably will be, and it'll be the same with many of my friends. Some of my friends have met her before, and have said she was a great person. That's a lot of people right there. Those people will hopefully tell others and so on. Maybe it'll become popular. 

It'll be nice to eventually get a paperback version for myself. Much nicer than having the photo album. Easier to read, too. I might actually use it more in that form. If I do, I could take pics of the end results, post them on social media, and use it to promote it more. (Might try to make more of it than I have in the past even before I get my own copy.) If I make an official page on fb, I could have a specific place to do that. I can do a lot more with this book.

Did the entire first level of the German 'arts' lesson. It had 6 parts to it. Each part seemed longer than usual, too. I missed 3 of the questions/exercises. Not bad at all. Apparently, some of their h's are silent. I guess it depends on what letters are near it. I'm so far into it, and slowly have noticed this. Also, in the sports lesson, for ski they write it the same but pronounce it as 'she'. That's the first time I encountered that. Normally, k is pronounced pretty much the way it is in English. So, there's something to it. It was cool to learn about music and other art related words this time. 

Read more of the manga, Bokke-san. The art seems to be getting a little weirder as I go through it. Some people have commented that it's too busy/cluttered and difficult to read. I wonder if this is on purpose. Bokke are considered to be really weird creatures and things are hectic at the moment. They met a frog bokke this time. A really perverted one. He can mess with people by entering mirrors or images of any sort. He had a pic of Hino, reached into the pic, and felt around. Suddenly Hino looked like he was being thrown around and then strangled. Apparently, he could molest girls if he took a pic of them. After fighting him, Hino befriended him. It seems that with almost every bokke he meets now, he befriends them after fighting them. It's weird. Hino just wants to learn more about what he is, not fight.

Got more dusting done in my bedroom. I think it was more dust than last time. Finished the dresser, what was on it, the music stand, the top of a short bookcase near the dresser, and the things on top of that bookcase. Quite a bit. I think my TV was the worst. The only time I use it is to play my Sega Genesis, since it doesn't get cable. It's pretty old, too. Does well for old video games. I haven't played those in over a year, though. At least, it's clean now. I was surprised by how dusty the stand was. I haven't played my clarinet in a while, that might be why. I keep forgetting to get it recorked.

Finished drawing Tzvi's head/bust from Alliance. I'm still not completely happy with it. Oh well. I'll ink it tomorrow, and start drawing Antonio next. That should be interesting. Antonio's one of the few humans in the story. 

Watched 2 more episodes of the Rain last night. They're shorter episodes than I expected. Also, it was too warm to go on a walk, so I watched another episode instead. It's interesting. There seems to be a lot of quarreling within the group, and a bit more angst than there needs to be. I think I'm starting to like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment