Friday, May 25, 2018

11th of Sivan

Didn't write more of Alliance. Instead, I wanted to spend a little more time with formatting the ebook version of the cookbook. I'm essentially done with that now. The only issue is really figuring out where the preface will go. Before looking it up, I put it just before the table of contents. However, there's debate about whether it should go before or after the toc. Online, people are saying it's basically up to the author...That doesn't help much.  My preface is short, so it's not like people are going to be wading through pages of it before the toc. I don't think it's even half of a page. If the template for the print version has it as after, I'll switch it around in the ebook to match. It won't be hard to do. This will be the first book I've published with a preface. The others didn't really need it. 

I've also linked all the 'chapters' listed in the toc, and linked each chapter back up to the toc. So, people can click/tap the chapter link, go straight to that chapter, then click/tap the next chapter, and be taken back up to the toc. That will be handy for people. You can jump all over the place. The only thing I hate about bookmarking/hyperlinking is that it makes 'hidden' bookmarks in Word when you're done. So, you have to go through all the hidden ones and delete them. Plus, linking everything takes some time. You have to be careful to make sure you're bookmarking or linking the right thing. If you have more than a few chapters, it gets difficult keeping it straight. This actually has 21 chapters. Really, 20 categories plus the source list. I think that's a little more than my 'usual'. I've never made a cookbook before, so it's obviously going to be different. 

Either after this or Monday, I plan to download the print version's template. If I do that after posting this, I might start filling it in. The bulk of it will probably be on Monday. I'm thinking I might be able to publish this next week. Maybe early that week. It's really not taking long. I barely started the ebook on Wednesday, did most of it yesterday, and then pretty much finished today. Basically, around a day and a half. I think the print will go faster. Then, I'll pick a pic for the cover, and create 2 covers for it. That usually doesn't take long to put together in Photoshop. All that will be left is figuring out the little details and the publishing forms. Not much at all. I'm just amazed at how fast it's going now. 

For German, I went through the politics lesson. It had 6 parts to it. A bit longer than I expected. There wasn't much of anything about their political system. There is a politics 2 lesson later on. Maybe it'll have something about it. I didn't miss a single question/exercise this time. That's pretty cool. I think adverbs are next.

Got quite a lot of miscellaneous cleaning done. Managed to get some dusting in, as well. Dusted the rest of the tall dresser in my bedroom. The dust was really bad there. It looks really nice now. Next will be my desk area. 

I'm up to the last episode of The Rain. With the way it's going, I don't think they're going to wrap it up in one episode. I could be wrong. There's a possibility of a 2nd season, though.

In One Piece, the residents, called Minks, of Zou Island are cute. They seem to be half human half animal. They're very into 'minkship', which is when they rub, bite, lick, etc. people they consider friends or family. Reminds me of the concept of 'skinship'. That people are touch starved. Touching, according to that, brings people together and satisfies it. It was somewhat annoying that they kept clinging to Luffy and his crew, but they also regard them as their saviors, so it's on another level compared to just being friendly. There are different 'tribes' of the Minks. There's a rabbit one, dog, cat, lion, etc. They consider humans to be another type of ape Mink. The town was completely destroyed before Luffy and the rest of his crew arrived. Some of the crew that got there before them were mixed up in that battle and helped the Minks. Not exactly sure how yet. They're taking forever to say what happened. Still don't know what happened to Sanji, but they hinted that he gave Nami a letter and left. I certainly hope he doesn't pull an Usopp, where he quits suddenly. It was funny how the dog tribe went crazy over Brook. He's a skeleton and every time they see him they drool. He's hated being there because of it. I thought it was interesting that Bepo was born there, but left the island as a baby and doesn't remember much. Bepo is in Law's crew. He's a polar bear Mink and has been friends with Law for a long time. It'd be cool if they do more of a background on him and how he met Law.

No comments:

Post a Comment