Sunday, April 17, 2011

Laugh Away

Mood::iconhappychinaplz:


By Yui. Kind of a fun and carefree song. About how we tend to worry over trivial things. And, that we should just laugh them away. Also, to realize the world around you. The trees, grass, etc. I like the message and the sound of this one. I think this is the first song I've heard from Yui. She's a singer/song-writer, multi-instrumentalist, and actress. 2 of her songs are featured in Bleach. And, another in Fullmetal Alchemist. Which gave her some international attention. She's won lots of awards, and seems very talented. I'll have to look for more of her songs.:iconberwaldplz:

I didn't feel too great on Friday, so I didn't post.:iconhongkongplz:Feeling a little better now. Although, now my fingertips are tingly numb. Yay!:iconromanoplz:


We didn't get very good news on my mom's health.:iconohboyamericaplz:The cancer's getting worse. So, they decided to drop the most current drug, next one will be done every 2 weeks instead of every month. (That's given by IV.) She has to start up radiation again. I think everyday for 2 weeks or something. On top of all this, she had a horrible fall on Friday. Of course, it was good that she was already at a hospital. She was there to consult with the people who are going to do the radiation. She's lucky that they've been giving her something that strengthens her bones. Otherwise, it would have been a lot worse.:iconchibichinaplz: 


We had gyoza and garlic green beans Friday night. I cooked the frozen gyoza, and we bought the green beans. When she got home after her fall, we went to the store. So, we didn't have much time to make a nice dinner. Although, I liked it a lot. Because she was still recovering from her fall, we didn't go to services on Saturday. 
I made a chocolate souffle last night. It's a German recipe. Really good.:iconitalyplz:Might cook it a little longer and add more chocolate next time.:iconswissplz:The second pic, is of the souffle served with vanilla cream sauce.:)That was also a German recipe. It was a suggestion. It's more like a wine and vanilla sauce, though. Intense, but very good.:iconchibispainplz:They've already gotten a few faves on dA. Wahoo!:woohoo:


Looked at our French cookbooks on Thursday. Found more than I thought I would. With French food, I'm a little worried it won't turn out right.:iconwtfukplz:But, I'll try! Here's a sampling: bread soup, chicken hash, chocolate mousse, onion soup topped with cheese, egg plum cake, fish soup. 


Was going to look at our Lebanese cookbooks on Friday. But, it seems they mixed it up with Syrian and Jordanian cuisine. Plus, I only found a few things I might want to do. tabouleh, potato kibbi, potato salad, almond cream pudding, and spiced tea with nuts. I've had tabouleh before, and mom's made it. I've had kibbis, but not a potato version. The tea sounds interesting.:iconchibicanadaplz:


Was hoping to look at our Cambodian cookbooks, but they lumped it with Laotian cuisine. I only found 2 things: Laotian fish soup, and bananas cooked in coconut milk. Eventually, I'll look at these cuisines that were lumped together with others, online. Almost done with my initial list. Today, I'll look at our Malaysian cookbooks. Then, tomorrow it's Singaporean. 


I'm going to be cooking a lot starting today, because Passover starts Monday night. Today, apparently, I'm doing the chocolate matzah, charoset, and granola. Charoset's just a nut, apple, a little cinnamon, and wine mixture. It represents the mortar and bricks that the Jewish slaves in Egypt made and used to construct buildings. The granola's awesome!:drool:Matzah bits or farfel, honey, raisins (and/or any other dried fruit), and nuts. All of it cooked together, and then later, we have it as a cereal in the mornings. Sometimes it becomes hard as a brick. And, you have to pick at it a little. But, good stuff.:iconchibiamericaplz:The chocolate matzah's so good! 


I finished watching Tokyo Dogs. It was an awesome show.:iconfrancisplz:Perfect blend of humor, suspense, action, etc. I read that there's a possibility of a 2nd season. Kind of weird, because they wrapped up everything so nicely.:iconchibijapanplz:I mean they got Jinno. The whole series hung on them catching the guy. Much as I would love to see a 2nd season. Maybe he gets out of prison somehow.:iconchibinitalyplz:
Also, finally got to watch Gintama: Shinyaku Benizakura-Hen the movie. (Gintama: A New Retelling of the Benizakura Arc) It was awesome! When they had this story arc in the series it was pretty epic (and I mean that). The movie version was even more so. They still managed to throw in the classic Gintama humor, along with the seriousness of it. I don't know how this series does it. It's intensely serious for a minute, has you laughing so hard the next, and then you're bawling your eyes out. It starts with Katsura being attacked by a member of the Kiheitai, and the Yorozuya (Gintoki, Shinpachi, and Kagura) search for him. The person who attacked him was like a test subject for the Benizakura sword. It's a living sword. Once it tastes someone's blood, it stores it, gathers intel, and makes the wielder stronger. Really good movie. I won't spoil the rest of it. 
Also, watched Gintama on Friday. (And, no I didn't really plan it that way.) It was pure hilarity this time. Actually, somewhat smart. Everyone, but Toshi and Shinpachi (in pic), is infected by alien parasites known as Q'Sai Nettles. First, they transform and assimilate info from the host. Eventually, it transforms into something completely identical to the host. The alien supplants the host and matures the appearance of the host by 2 years after a few days. The comatose originals are hanging from the body. They return to normal if you smack them with a paper fan as hard as you can. Apparently, at the end, the only one who truly was not infected was Gintoki. He just dressed up, and played along. The parasite latches onto ambition. He has none. 


deviantART fave: StupidFox- 45 I did not make this! Another funny installment of StupidFox. Actually, in way, creepy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment