Monday, January 3, 2011

Scar (Full Version)

Mood::iconhappychinaplz:


By Rip Slyme. I love this song!:dummy:It was the theme song to Joker: Yurusarezaru Sousakan. Has a Latin flare, fun, and driving sound. I found a longer full version. Here's the music vid for it. (Kind of funny):

This is my wallpaper for the month. Although, I might change it back, not sure if I like it enough.:hmm:It has Hong Kong, South Korea, Taiwan, China, and Japan from Hetalia. I like Hong Kong's expression. Well, I hope everyone had a great New Year's Day! Welcome 2011!:iconyayhanatamagoplz:I still feel like it's a typo or something. It doesn't look right.:iconhongkongplz:I was just starting to get used to 2010. Crazy! 


These are the month-long holidays: Apple and Apricots Month, Artichoke and Asparagus Month, International Creativity Month, National Clean Up Your Computer Month, National Get Organized Month, National Hot Tea Month, National Skating Month, National Soup Month, Oatmeal Month, Tubers and Dried Fruit Month. Wow! There's a lot this time. I guess it can seem like a dreary time of year, if you don't have anything fun like these. Again, a lot of people take these for granted. So, it's nice to stop and think about them once in a while. Sounds like a food oriented month. Tea, soup, oatmeal, etc. Most of the things I like. Plus, creativity and being organized isn't bad either. 


It's been so cold the last few days. There's ice everywhere. We went to a friend's place for New Year's Eve. Had a lot of fun.:iconchibicanadaplz:Lots of good food. Played one of my fave games, Boggle. Then, my dad and I got tired of that, and played an English version of Shiritori. Apparently, after I explained it, Dad loved the idea. Shiritori is traditionally played with Japanese words. It starts with someone saying a word. The next one has to come up with a word starting with the last kana or letter of the previous word. It was really fun. After that, we watched the fireworks at the Space Needle on TV.:iconfireworkplz:And, about a half hour later, they showed some celebrations around the world. Later, we watched the NYC one. We didn't get home until around 2. But, I'm sure a lot of people stay out later than that.:iconheroamericaplz:


Supposedly, there was services planned for Saturday morning. I find that hilarious.:iconenglandispervyplz:Not many people showed up. From what I've heard. As we stayed home and slept right through that time. They should have made it an afternoon one or something. Just this once.:icontinoplz:


We went to a baby shower yesterday. I think it was the first one I've been to.:iconseychelles-plz:Right away there was a game. Where we wear a pacifier necklace, and we can't say the word 'baby'. If you do, you lose your necklace and someone collects yours. So, you win by keeping yours and/or having the most amount of necklaces. It didn't help that someone brought their baby there.:iconswissplz:There was lots of food. A parmesan twist thing, stuffed mushroom heads (nasty!), caramel popcorn, semi-frozen tiramisu, lemon bars, veggie platter, nuts, little sandwiches, and more. There were contests to see who could put a diaper on the fastest, drawing a baby on a plate above your head, and guess the poop (why? It looked so nasty!:iconwtfukplz:). The parents and the soon-to-be sister, opened a ton of presents. The baby's a girl, so there was some pink stuff, bottles, bottle racks, swaddles, and more. They're adopting her. They adopted the other one from Guatemala. They wanted people to give them advice in a journal they passed around. I have no experience with babies, so there's nothing I could put down.:iconkikuplz:There was a lot of people there. It was a lot of fun.:iconchibihungaryplz:
I cut out all the 'posters' from my Naruto Shippuden calendar, and put them up. (I use the pics as posters.) Took down a bunch of the old Naruto calendar ones, but left 2. Mainly, because I think they're funny and still like them. The art in this calendar was a lot better, too. I put up my new Japanese Woodblock calendar. The pic's of this month's print. Although, it seems much darker in color than this pic. Kind of nice. 


I can't believe there's only 23 more days until I leave for my trip to Israel!:iconlachoirplz:Really crazy! I was supposed to get a lot of info through the mail about it a month before. And, they were going to make a special group on FB for us. So far, I haven't gotten anything, and there's no group profile on FB.:iconraivisplz:If I don't get anything in the next couple of days, I'll contact them. Just tried on my swimsuit for it. It fits still! In fact, I think it fits better than the last time I wore it. That was a couple of years ago. I don't go swimming too often anymore. I'll definitely have to swim in the Dead Sea!:iconchibisitalyplz:And, they said they'll be times when the group just swims at the hotel's pool. So, I'm even more excited now! The reality of it will really hit when I get that info. 
I started a Jdrama on Friday called Kiina. It was really good. I'm hoping they can keep it up for the rest of the series. It's about a detective, Kiina, who takes on odd cases. The ones that the other detectives think are bogus or goofy. Like this one was about a transplant patient dreaming about her donor's murder. She has a photographic memory, and finds obscure clues everyone else overlooks. Her new partner doesn't believe any of the stuff she comes up with. Like basing things on blood type personalities. But, it ended with her coming up with a concrete scientific explanation. I love how she 'skimmed' like 50 books in only an hour or 2. It reminds me a bit of Psych, and Criminal Minds. 
I started another Jdrama on Saturday called Juui Dolittle. Or Veterinarian Dolittle. I thought it would be horrible, like a rip-off of Dr. Dolittle. But, I was pleasantly surprised. It's about a foul-mouthed gifted vet, who's nicknamed Dolittle. (His name's actually Tottori Kenichi.) It's not that he can 'hear' them talking to him. He just understands them more. He tries to educate the owners about their pets. One of his friends, is a charismatic vet and hosts a popular TV animal show. In this episode, an animal nurse, Tajima Asuka, starts working at his clinic. Since I'm a big pet lover (or animals in general), it was almost an instant fave. This actually made me cry. That hardly ever happens. It's probably because I could relate to it. I hope the rest of the episodes are just as good, if not better.
I changed my Gaia avatar. Most of these items came from events. Like the background (titled Winter Night), the polar bear, the panda with blood dripping from it's paw, the owl, and belt. I might mess around with the other event items next month.:iconberwaldplz:First time I actually equipped a background to it. Still haven't gone to the towns or zOMG with it. Kind of interesting. Oh, another person faved the flavor meme I filled out! Yay! And, I found a lot more songs. Some were very hard to find. I wanted a lot of the Jdrama themes. So, you'll hear some of those soon! I'm going to look for more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment