Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Itinerary!

Mood::iconus-xdplz:


There's a winter storm warning out and there will be some snow. They're not sure how much. I really don't think they have any idea right now. Fun, fun!:iconnataliaplz:


I finally got my itinerary!:iconlachoirplz:So happy! Now it feels a lot more 'real'.:iconheroamericaplz:I was starting to worry a bit. They sent it out just as I was going to email them. What timing.:icontinoplz:(This post will mostly be about what I'll see.) I love how everywhere I look (like travel guides, tourist sites) they tell you to always bring a hat, water, and sunscreen. Even if it's winter, and it's not going to be very hot.:iconkikuplz:


They also said our group's FB page was up. I asked to join, and about an hour later, it disappeared.:iconitalyishorrifiedplz:But, it came back today, so I guess there was a glitch or something. So far there's 6 members. Can't tell much from people's profiles yet.:iconchibijapanplz:A lot of them have privacy settings on. I saw somebody from Florida, and another from Texas. The places people are from sound so random. I hope there's someone who's from Washington state. Or even Oregon, California, and Idaho.:iconchibihungaryplz:We'll see. I hope I make a lot of Jewish friends too. I don't have too many.:iconseychelles-plz:


We're going to some pretty awesome places!:iconchibipolandplz:I spent a while yesterday looking at the places online. The first day we're on the airplane. Yay!:iconwtfromanoplz:Second day, we're going to Jerusalem. Supposedly, there's an 'opening ceremony' at the Haas Promenade. I wonder if that's the Mega Event I heard about before?:iconchibicanadaplz:It'll be interesting either way. There's an evening program and orientation at the hotel. I'm curious what that will be about, too. 


Third day, we get to see the Kotel or Western Wall. Then, we get to explore the Jewish Quarter. Then, we'll have Shabbat, still in Jerusalem. That's going to be awesome!:iconfrancisplz:We'll visit Hebrew Union College during it, too. 


Fourth day, we'll meet some Israeli soldiers that will stay with us most of the time. That should be interesting. Then, we'll see National Hill, home of their 3 branches of government. Then, we go to the shuk. It's like a huge outside food market. After that, we'll go camel riding and visit the Bedouins. That sounds like it would be fun!:iconthailandplz:


Fifth day, we climb Masada before dawn. We'll get to watch the sunrise from the top. Then, we go on a nature hike through the Ein Gedi Oasis. Next, we'll get to swim in the Dead Sea!:icondancingrussiaplz: 


Sixth day, we visit the Golan Heights. Then a nature reserve. 


Seventh day, we go to Tzfat. Which should be very interesting. At the end of the day, there's a prep for going to Yad V'Shem. Yad V'Shem's a Holocaust museum. It's going to be a very emotional and moving place. I guess that's why they want to 'prep' us for it. Maybe also to give a little history on it before we go. 


Eighth day, will be Yad V'Shem. Then, we go to Har Herzl, which is the main national cemetery of Jerusalem. Sounds like it will be a heavy emotional day.:iconamericasadchibiplz:


Ninth day, we'll participate in a volunteer project at a local garden. (I think it will be at a kibbutz.) Then, we'll explore Tel Aviv. And, later go to a crafts festival there. Then, Shabbat starts again. During the following day we'll say goodbyes and celebrate the rest of Shabbat. Then, we leave to go back to NYC. Which we'll arrive really early in the morning.:iconohboyamericaplz:And, then I have to take a flight back home. I'll be exhausted I'm sure, by then.:faint:

No comments:

Post a Comment