Sunday, January 16, 2011

Super Fresh

Mood::iconhappychinaplz:


By Arashi. It's a little different from their 'norm'. I like it. It's fun, a little funky, and upbeat.:iconheroamericaplz:

It's been really warm the last couple of days. Close to 60 degrees. That's not normal, but it's nice.:iconchibicanadaplz:The forecast says it will get colder soon, so I guess I should enjoy it while it lasts.:iconnorwayunimpressedplz:Only 10 more days! I'm so excited!:iconlachoirplz:For Shabbat dinner, Mom made the precooked Madras lentils with fish over rice. It was good, but it tasted more like chili than a curry.:iconwtfromanoplz:Oh well. 


I went to services yesterday.:dummy:This was a special Shabbat. Not that any of the others aren't important. It was Shabbat Shira. It means, the Shabbat of Song. It's a very musical, fun, and interesting one.:sing:Even the parsha is written and chanted differently in the Torah. The parsha's this time's a song that the Israelites sang after the Egyptians drowned in the Red Sea. It praises G-d for saving them. We sing part of this in our prayer books too. But, it's also a big celebration of music. Since Debbie Friedman, died recently, our congregation had a tribute to her. She was a very famous, influential, composer and singer in the American Jewish community. Changed the way we sang a lot of the songs during the service. A lot of her songs had English in them, so everyone could understand them better. I guess she made the old songs more 'accessible' and/or fresh.:iconfrancisplz:It was kind of fitting that she died around this Shabbat. Everyone played percussion instruments (tambourines, drums, etc.), and had a lot of fun singing. Oh, Tu B'Shevat is this Thursday. It's like our New Year's for the trees. Very nature oriented, and another fun holiday. I'll probably talk more about it when it gets closer. 


Later, we went shopping. I finally reactivated my cell phone. Last time I used it as a 'phone' was a few years ago.:iconseychelles-plz:So, it's almost like a new phone. I kind of need it when I go for my trip. To call my parents when I land/leave NYC or something. It might also be nice later to call my new friends with it. I still have a couple of my old friends' numbers. I wonder if they still work...:iconsleepygreeceplz:I guess at some point I can find out. Then, we went to JCPenny's and got my dress. Later, we went to target for my travel stuff. Things like travel sized toothpaste, tooth brush, hand sanitizer, sunscreen, first aid kit, etc. Hopefully, I remembered everything.:iconpolandplz:


Juui Dolittle was really good. Apparently, someone's trying to target Tottori. Meanwhile, Tottori saved a hamster and a ferret. His assistant is learning slowly about veterinarian medicine. I know how hard that can be. I took Animal Science in college. (Kind of what you begin with if you want to be a vet.) It's a tough field. But, through a little pushing by Tottori, she saved a little puppy without having to do surgery. I love the pet stories in this. Also, they really capture the pet to owner bond. They really are like family, they just can't speak.:iconthailandplz:


Tokyo Wankei's getting even more interesting. It's not only a love story, but a mystery too. The cultural differences between the Koreans and the Japanese are interesting, also. The story almost feels like a Romeo and Juliet thing. I like the many 'layers' to this drama. 


I joined 2 more groups on dA. Both are about writing. Specifically, one's for novels, the other for all sorts of stories. That second one, people can submit any length of stories and any genre. As long as it's you're original work. Hopefully, I'll get some more comments and faves for Alliance. I don't think I've exposed it as much as my pics or drawings.:iconswissplz:But, if I want to know what people think, I feel it's a good way to. We watched Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. It was better than I thought it would be. I like Greek mythology, so it was fun to see how they would portray them.:iconspainplz:


deviantART faves: Eat Kawaii for Breakfast Voice Actor Meme Lolly Table I did not make these! First, another cute but dark drawing by an artist I watch. They're vampire teddy bears eating hamster muffins, and a roasted bunny. Second, an interesting idea for a meme. I might, sometime in the distant future, fill it out. It's about what you're original characters would sound like, by picking a voice actor for them. I have a lot of characters, so it sounds like it would be fun. Third, a pic with lots of sweets. Looks really tasty! 


Youtube:
A cute song vid for Something by Hot Potato:

No comments:

Post a Comment