Wednesday, February 5, 2014

World Nutella Day!

Mood::iconsleepygreeceplz:

I love Nutella!:dummy:I used to be weary of it until I tried it. I like chocolate and hazelnut, so I don't know why I shied away from it. Although, it tastes mostly like chocolate to me. It's great with peanut butter in a sandwich, great by itself on some toast/bread, can make s'mores easily with it, etc. It's so versatile. I'm trying a different brand that just says hazelnut chocolate spread. It doesn't taste as awesome, but it's still good.:iconheroamericaplz:It's a bit more runny too. I guess nothing will get it quite like Nutella has it. Nutella has kind of a cult following. It's even used in a lot of food deviations on dA. It's manufactured by the Italian company Ferrero, and it was introduced to the market in 1964. It was an instant hit, and continues to be very popular. They must put something else in it to make it so good and addicting...:iconusaplz:

Last night, we went to group. Lots of new people this time. Interesting discussions. Afterwards, some of us went to Shari's like usual. Although, we hadn't gone as a group for a while. I got my usual iced tea, and decided to get the apple pie in a jar special. I was going to just have some scrambled eggs and the fruit platter, and then I looked at the new specials/seasonal stuff. The eggs and fruit would have amounted to a little under the calories I try to average each meal. I'm trying to do 300-350 per meal. The pie in a jar was probably more than that, but it was so good!:iconchibispainplz:And, I actually was doing really well with sticking to that amount of calories lately. Plus, it was getting really cold out. So, I figured it'd be ok occasionally. The other new thing I might have gotten was the Black Forest Cream pie. Sounds like my type of pie. I love Black Forest cake. I might try it next time, if it's still there...:iconpolandplz:Or, I'll try to have the eggs and fruit again. I'm glad I figured out something with a somewhat decent amount of calories there. Might add cheese to the scrambled eggs, and that would probably put it up closer to that 300-350 mark. Yay!:iconyayhanatamagoplz:

We got home pretty late. Well, late considering how early I'm trying to go to bed. I didn't hear my alarm go off this morning...:iconbraginskiplz:So, that combined with going to bed a little later, made me get up later than I'd like. Its been really cold today, too. Managed to get my morning sit-ups in. I'll probably get my evening ones in, too. But, I felt too cold to take my walks. Hopefully tomorrow will be different. It's supposed to get into the teens tonight.:iconitscoldplz:I think I read that tomorrow might be just a touch warmer, but not much. Plus, it might snow Saturday or Sunday. 
Started watching Switch Girl last week. I'm not sure if I really like it or not.:iconnorwayunimpressedplz:It's kind of interesting, and there are a lot of hilarious moments. It's based on the manga of the same name. It's about a high school student named Nika who appears to be a stylish and fashionable girl at school, but that's really a fake persona she uses when out in public. At home (and when shopping), she 'switches off' the facade and returns to a scary, sloppy, tight-fisted girl who wears glasses, an ugly sweatsuit, and has her hair pulled back unattractively. She loves to lay around playing video games and reading manga. When she 'Switches On', she has a strict regimen that involves plucking, primping, and careful dressing to get everything just right. The only person who knows about Nika's on/off switch is her best friend. Eventually, a new student transfers, Arata, and finds out about it. He has his own on/off switch. His is in reverse. He doesn't want to be popular or the center of attention, so at school he wears thick rimmed glasses and has messy hair. This way bullies also think he's an otaku or geek. While at home, he takes the glasses off, and straightens his hair a bit. Making him look much better. Not sure where they're going with this one, but I'll give it a try. 

Tokyo Ravens has been weird. I like it, but they seem to be caught up on too many details and not really going anywhere with it. There was a cool fight during the last episode, but with this one they did a lot of back and forth. At least with Log Horizon, if they went into detail with something, it's needed and makes it more interesting. With this, it just slows it down and gets tiring. I really like Kon and Harutora, though. The others are ok. They may have defeated Doman, but there might be an even bigger threat coming up. The girl who calls herself Suzu Saotome, and apparently has a thing for little girls (especially for Kon), might not be who she seems to be. Plus, there's a new girl that's showed up claiming that she's a student as well. There's no record of her. That's about as exciting as its been. They could have done a lot more with this stuff by now.:iconnataliaplz:

Looked around for more possible manga to read. I might just continue some of the ones I thought people had dropped and weren't updating anymore, but suddenly saw that they were updated. Just not sure which one I'll go back to yet. Might go back to Toraneko Folklore (I haven't read it in a long time...), Hiiro Ouji, Akaya Akashiya Ayakashi no, or Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. New ones I might look into are: Kamisama Hajimemashita (watched the anime, it apparently continues the story further), elDLIVE (has the same mangaka as Hitman Reborn, and it's really new), Chibisan Date (same mangaka as Hetalia), and Soul Gadget Radiant. Interesting possibilities. Wrote some more of the 6th story to my nightmare anthology.
日本語
Studied more compounds for . 反省 or はんせい (hansei): reflection, reconsideration, introspection, meditation, contemplation. 反則 or はんそく (hansoku): foul play (sport), breaking the rules, infringement, irregularity. 反対 or はんたい (hantai): opposition, resistance, antagonism, hostility, contrast, objection, reverse, opposite, vice versa. 反動 or はんどう (handou): reaction, recoil, kick, backlash. 反応 or はんのう (hannou): reaction, response. 反面 or はんめん (hanmen): on the other hand, opposite side, reverse.

No comments:

Post a Comment