Thursday, February 27, 2014

National Strawberry Day!

Mood::iconnataliaplz:

I love strawberries!:la:They seem to have a calming effect on me. The store-bought ones seem to be getting bigger every year...:iconusaplz:

Haven't been feeling too well overall this week.:iconlietplz:And, today seems to be a touch worse. Didn't sleep in late this time, at least. I think I might know why I'm feeling so crummy, but that won't be 'resolved' for a little while. Hopefully, it won't get any worse.:iconpolandplz:

Another thing, that's not very good news, is someone I knew in high school recently passed away. She was the one who tried to do stuff with me after my mom passed away. We were connected for a little while, and then she suddenly dropped me as a friend on facebook, and didn't contact me anymore. Maybe she had other things on her 'plate' at the time, but it seemed out of character. (She was even planning to set up a date for me with a friend of hers.:iconseychelles-plz:) Even though I didn't really know her all that well. Had interesting conversations in high school. Most of the time it was during lunch. Actually, might have talked more in junior high, I think. Still, very sad and kind of unbelievable. She was so young, and it seemed to happen suddenly. She had a heart attack. When I talked to her around the time my mom passed away, she did tell me she was having some health issues, too. But, they were getting better. I hope for the very best for people like her husband, other family members, and friends. It's hard, but hopefully they have a good support system to get them through it. It seems like at the very least, our class is very supportive. One of the members made a memorial pic, and said if we wanted to comment anything about her we could in his post. It was a nice pic. And, very kind words. By the way, this isn't why I feel crummy, but it doesn't help.:iconkikuplz:
I've been going through the manga version of Hitman Reborn really quickly. I'm reading it during the 'slots' I have open now for manga. It's just as engaging as the anime. Maybe more so.:iconyayhanatamagoplz:The last fight was Gola Mosca (in Italian it means Throat Fly, some say it may be intended as 'Gluttony Fly') vs Hibari for the Cloud ring. The Cloud guardian is supposed to 'be the aloof, drifting Cloud that protects the Family from an independent standpoint, and whom nothing can ever bind'. Fits him pretty well. He hates crowds, and prefers to do things alone. Seemingly not to be connected to the family, but is talked into helping them quite often. He's regarded as the strongest guardian. He won the battle in just a few minutes, but Gola Mosca went berserk firing in all directions. Gola Mosca is really a military machine. Usually, there's someone piloting it, but it goes on like a suit of armor. It has a machine gun built in, as well as missiles, bombs, etc. It can fly. They deal with more advanced Moscas in the Future Arc. In this one, the 9th's unconscious body is inside. He's not even controlling it, Xanxus is from afar. Xanxus figured that if they were able to totally destroy the Mosca, they'd kill the 9th Vongola boss in the process. Making it treason when the organization that's running the battle finds out who's inside. The battle before that was Mukuro/Chrome vs Mammon or Viper for the Mist ring. The Mist guardian is supposed to 'create something from nothing, and nothing from something; thus bewildering the enemy, to render the Family's true form intangible with visions of deceit'. Mukuro easily defeats him. Came close to killing him, but Mammon managed to escape. Mammon is the name that he uses with the Varia. Viper is his actual name, and he's an Arcobaleno (lit. Rainbow) who has the Mist pacifier. Reborn is also an Arcobaleno, and has the Sun pacifier. There are 5 other Arcobalenos, plus one who has a corrupted pacifier. They were cursed and turned from being adults into their current baby-like selves. Still don't know much of the secret behind why they were cursed or for what purpose. They hinted a little bit at the end of the anime. Each of them has a pacifier that's a different color of the rainbow, each are guardians similar to the Vongola guardians (I think they explained that their roles are the opposite for each of the Vongola guardians), they're very skilled, and help train the Vongola and other families. Anyways, later on Viper doesn't seem so bad or 'evil'. But, neither does Xanxus. He just becomes an awesome heroic badass.:iconenglandispervyplz:Tsuna came in just after the Mosca went berserk. (He's in the pic.) He was perfecting his new technique, and therefore wasn't there for the Cloud match itself. He'll battle the Mosca and Xanxus next. 

Wrote more of the 6th short story for my nightmare anthology. It's getting close to the end of this one. Played my clarinet. Did some more tunes from a general solo book. Wasn't too bad. But, I think I still have to get used to the feel of the new reed. Doesn't help that I haven't been playing regularly.:iconswissplz:

Started a writing meme. It's the one I mentioned on here last time. It uses 6 oc's or original characters. I tried to get an even amount of guys and girls, plus some characters I haven't done much with. It's good for character development. Interesting that 2 of the oc's are married, and they seem to correspond with their questions well. I didn't intend for that to happen.:iconsleepygreeceplz:I have the 2 'humans' in it, to make it interesting. (One's the main character who's interested in learning more about demons, and the other is terrified of them.) And, the other 2 are just really eccentric. (One's a polite and sensitive skeleton demon, and the other's essentially a healer who's also kind of like a police officer in the demon world. Called a Light Healer. She's very to herself, tough, and doesn't care what anyone thinks.) Should be fun. The answers to the first couple of questions have been funny so far. 

Last night, I wanted to make something with the smoked trout in a tin we got a while back. I looked a while online for ideas. Then, finally decided to flake it up and mix it into some marinara sauce, then put it over some spaghetti. It was really good!:iconchibispainplz:Made it nice and smoky. Also, made it interesting and easy. Was even better with the parmesan I put on mine. I think that was the first time I had smoked trout, and it was pretty good.
日本語
I studied more of and its compounds, and the kanji . If is pronounced as 病み or や.み (ya.mi): sick. As 病む or や.む (ya.mu): to fall ill, be ill. It may be pronounced as へい (hei) in some compounds. 病院 or びょういん (byouin): hospital. 病気 or びょうき (byouki): illness, disease, sickness. 病人 or びょうにん (byounin): sick person, patient, invalid. 病床 or びょうしょう (byoushou): sickbed. 病状 or びょうじょう (byoujou): patient's condition, pathology. 疾病 or しっぺい (shippei): illness, disease. When is pronounced as ひん (hin): elegance, grace, refinement, class, dignity; (suf) article, item; (suf, ctr) (sometimes pronounced as ぴん (pin)) counter for items (of food, etc.), counter for dishes or courses (at a restaurant). As ほん (hon): court rank; (suf, Buddhism) (sometimes pronounced as ぼん (bon), ぽん (pon) as a suf) level, grade; (Buddhism) chapter, section, volume. As しな (shina): article, item, thing, goods, stock; quality. 品切れ or しなぎれ (shinagire): out of stock. 品物 or しなもの (shinamono): goods, article, thing. 品位 or ひんい (hini): grace, dignity, grade, nobility, quality. 品行: (moral) conduct, behavior. I'll study more of its compounds next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment