Monday, March 26, 2012

National Spinach Day

Mood::iconeestiplz:


Spinach is awesome!:dummy:I've always liked it. Nice to have a day for it. The only kind of spinach I don't like is from a can. It gets nasty that way.:iconwtfukplz:Other than that I love it raw for salads, cooked in a dish, by itself, etc. So many ways you can eat it. 


Can't believe there's only about 11 more days until Passover!:wow:It's coming up fast! This year it looks like we'll be going to 2 different congregations' seders. Instead of having one seder at a friend of the family's house, and maybe the other at ours. Kind of weird.:iconnataliaplz:Our friend's house is being remodeled, it kind of was an emergency for them and is taking forever. (They had some damage from a sump pump overflow? I think.) They can't even cook in their own kitchen at the moment.Since my shoulder's not doing too good right now, and Mom's getting more tired lately, it's hard for us to prepare and get things set at our house too.:iconlietplz:


One of the temples is having a seder that's catered. It costs quite a bit, especially with all of us. But, they do provide everything. So, chances are we'll still go to it. The other temple that we're a part of, is having a potluck. You have to bring things like your family's seder plate, drinks for yourselves, plates and silverware, matzah, etc. It's free though.:iconkikuplz:I think I'd still want to go even if we have to bring so much stuff. And, usually it's not as organized. We'll have the seders covered then.:iconhappychinaplz:


Yesterday night we went to a little party that was put up by the congregation we're members of (the one with the potluck seder). It was at a movie theater. Of course, as soon as people saw me they asked me about my shoulder. It was ok and understandable, but got a little tiring having to explain it so many times.:iconromanoplz:There was a few desserts, and a little time to talk to people at the beginning. Then, they showed a very short 'movie' about our congregation. The audio was not great, but it was kind of a nice group of pics and the message was good. 


After that, they showed a movie called 66. It was hilarious!:rofl:It takes place in 1966, England. About a boy who's trying to prepare for his Bar Mitzvah, and finding out that the finals for the World Cup is on the day he scheduled it. He wanted to be noticed, and remembered. His parents wouldn't reschedule it. I won't say much more, because it might ruin it for those who haven't seen it yet. It's pretty good.:iconchibinitalyplz:


We thought there would actually be some sort of 'dinner' at the party, so we didn't eat beforehand. Finding out that it was just some desserts, we still had to get something after the movie. By then, it was about 9pm.:iconwtfromanoplz:Just before a Japanese restaurant closed outside the theater, we managed to order something. 


I got their chicken katsu. Which comes with a salad and rice. I liked their 'creamy' sesame seed dressing. But, I wasn't expecting a regular salad. It was good, though. The katsu was lightly breaded, and nice and crisp. It was tasty.:iconitalyplz:It was over a bed of lettuce. The sauce was interesting too. Had a little kick to it, and some sesame seeds. I also liked their iced green tea. Parents had these huge 'dinner' bentos. Which had katsu, sashimi, yakisoba, tempura, and I can't remember what else. Dad was able to down that plus some takoyaki, and not feel totally full.:iconchibijapanplz:Mom had to take quite a bit home. I probably would have as well. Barely could finish off my katsu. 


This last Torah portion was on animal sacrifices. Kind of gory. The extra portion was basically about eating unleavened bread on Passover. Not much more. I guess it's another reminder that it's coming up, and we better prepare for it. 
Saw Cowboys and Aliens. Much better movie than I expected!:iconchibipolandplz:A friend told me she was surprised by how good it was too. The story was interesting, the characters were likable (even the ones that seemed 'evil' at first), the aliens didn't seem badly designed, had a pretty fast pace, etc. I loved how the main character was someone who didn't sit around planning out things, and just did it. The humor was great as well. The ending was sad, but good.:iconthailandplz:I won't reveal too much more. 


Managed to Gaia-fy a few more of my original characters. So far 3 out of 7 of the characters that are done, look somewhat close to what's in my head. The main character, Sin (one of the professors), and Zero. Tried the other 4, and they didn't have the clothes in the colors or styles I wanted. There is a new thing on Gaia where you can send in ideas about stuff like that, but if it's just for fun, I don't think it matters. Interesting to see them in the closest things they had, though.:iconseychelles-plz: 


My chair just gave up the ghost, so to speak, today.:iconchibienglandplz:Apparently, I had twisted it in weird directions. And, eventually it couldn't hold up like that. It was also really old. Just one of those fold up chairs. Not really expensive, but it's a pain. Luckily, I can use my fold up chair that's usually at the dining room table for the time being. It's roughly the same height, and seems sturdier.:icondenmarkgrinplz:

No comments:

Post a Comment