Thursday, March 29, 2012

National Black Forest Cake Day!

Mood::iconicelandfukkiretaplz:


One of my favorite cakes!:iconitalyplz:This was actually yesterday, but I like this cake so much why not celebrate another day? We don't have any black forest cake, so I can't really celebrate...Black forest cake is layers of chocolate cake, with whipped cream and cherries between each layer. And, on top it has more whipped cream, cherries, and chocolate pieces or shavings. Good stuff! Deserves its day. I've had it occasionally as my birthday cake.:iconchibinitalyplz:


Finally opened the envelop with my scores for the JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test). Again, I passed every section, but didn't pass it as a whole.:iconromanoplz:I don't quite get that. I'm thinking of maybe writing to them about it. I did better than last year, at least. I think I was a couple of points away from passing the listening section last time, so it's nice I passed that this time. They keep changing their grading criteria. Makes it a bit frustrating. Hopefully, this means next time I'll pass. At least since I'm getting better. The lowest score was on reading, and I've already changed my focus to it. I'm still studying the other stuff, but I started to really just sit down and read it without looking up things. Sometimes, I get overwhelmed at first when I see a full paragraph of Japanese. I just have to remember to breathe, and just tackle it from the beginning. Other times it's not such a big deal. It's weird. Like some days I'm right on it, and some it seems totally different.:iconnorwayunimpressedplz:


In 11 Nin mo Iru, everyone in the family now knows about the ghost of Megumi. (The mother of all but one of the kids.) Their current mother (also named Megumi) admitted she recently has been seeing her. She's very open and welcoming of her. She even was the one to call a family meeting to tell everyone. Slowly everyone realizes it makes sense. Like their liqueur supply is depleting quickly, suddenly seeing a lot of food made (unsuccessfully, she's not much of a cook:iconpolandplz:), suddenly having the stereo turn on when no one's near it, etc. Her killer (it was a car accident) had a thing for her, when she visited him in jail. He died of brain cancer, but came to visit Megumi anyways. Everyone thought he was alive, including Megumi.:iconitalyishorrifiedplz:He later apologized to her, and disappeared. 


In Gintama, they acted like it was the last episode of the series, and apologized for all the parodies and dirty jokes. It was hilarious! Felt like they were messing with the fans through half of it. Felt just like it did before they did a year-long hiatus before the '2nd series'. (Really they just added a ' to the name, so Gintama'.) Towards the end, the creator told Kagura to read his letter (out of character). Seemed very sincere and serious. But, it ended with saying it wasn't really the end and that they'll come back 'someday'.:iconkikuplz:I hope it won't be another year or longer until it starts up again.:iconraivisplz:They love to mess with the fans. Only problem I have with this series. There's so many unanswered/started things to the main plot, they can't end it yet. Plus, there's probably a butt-load more hilarious jokes from the creator.:rofl:


I think I'm going to stop reading Host. I'm not liking how things are described, the plot, etc. Kind of boring, honestly.:iconlietplz:Interesting idea at first, but there wasn't much to it. So, the next book will be an Anne Rice one. Not sure which one...


Didn't have time to start a drama, but made a nice list of possibilities. Some won't start until mid-April, but there are a few older ones as well.


Now with Gintama over (for the time being), the Phi Brain finale being next week (might drop it after this season...), Kill Me Baby is ending (possibly this week), (I think) Daily Lives of High School Boys might be ending its season as well, almost through with Pandora Hearts; there's a lot of spots opening up for more anime. There's a few I want to try from the new season starting in April, and I found a few 'old' ones as well. Hoping to have only one 'old' anime out of the week again. But, if there aren't enough new ones that I like I'll add more old shows. But, there's a lot of good looking shows coming up: Hyouka (a mystery anime), Acchi Kocchi (Place to Place. A comedy.), Sankarea (A comedy/horror.), Haiyore! Nyaruko-san (Nyarko-san: Another Crawling Chaos) (This one is based on HP Lovecraft's creature Nyarlathotep. Cthulhu appears too. One of the most famous creatures as well. Looks like it has a lot of promise as a comedy, oddly.:iconsleepygreeceplz:), Polar Bear Cafe, Shining Hearts -Bread of Happiness- (Heard the least about this, but it sounds interesting), and a funny looking spin-off of Naruto Shippuden with Rock Lee as the lead, and everyone chibi-fied instead. 


The women's seder was nice again this year. I think it was shorter, since the rabbi skipped so much. We just brought some soda for the potluck. (Funny, because I don't drink soda anymore.:icontinoplz:) There was a lady next to me who was only 5 years older than me. It was her first seder of any kind. She was very nice and interesting. I think she's in the process of converting, so she had a ton of questions and was a bit nervous. 


I brought my clarinet for the 'theme' this time. It was if you were leaving Egypt, what was the one thing you absolutely could not leave behind? It had to be a 'thing' not family or pets. I told them that I've been playing the clarinet for 17 years, and I can't imagine not having it with me. It's kind of like my identity.:love:I was thinking about bringing my hard copy of my novel (what I've done so far, anyways), but I didn't have anything to protect it and I didn't want to have to worry about it. Plus, my clarinet might be closer/important to me. It's easy to lug around my clarinet, because it's secure in a tiny case. Everyone said it looked like a lunchbox. I've had many people in the past say that exact same thing. Kind of funny.:iconheroamericaplz:


Went for my bone scan today. It was interesting. Took them a really long time to find a vein, and for it not to 'roll'.:iconnataliaplz:I almost threw up at some point. The guy who worked with me was really nice and sweet. He tried to find a vein for a while, and then called in 2 more people to help him. We finally got the IV in my arm and the guy injected the dye. He had me lay down on a really narrow bed, moved me up in the air (which felt kind of far up), made the machine move over me, flatten part of it until it was close to my chest, made me put one hand under my hip the other out stretched on a table next to me, told me to stay still, and after a few minutes and some beeps the first part was done. He told me to come back in 3 hours, and to drink lots of fluids. 


So, we went to the Wal-mart that was close to it. Grabbed something to drink and had it with a snack we brought. Then, went shopping. I got an interesting shirt with black butterflies, and a green background. Also, got some really soft black socks.:iconchibicanadaplz:


We went back to the radiology center, and had the last part of the test done. He did similar stuff, only for longer periods of time, and moving the machine every so often. I almost fell asleep.:iconseychelles-plz:I find tight and confined spaces to be relaxing for some reason. Like the opposite of what a lot of people feel. After he took the images, he let me look at them on the computer. It was really cool to see the top part of my skeleton.:iconberwaldplz:My sternum and spine were a really bright color. Which is where some of the dye collects, it's natural. To my untrained eye and having a small image to look at, I couldn't see anything wrong with my left shoulder. But, we'll see what an expert says. 


By the time we were close to home, it was already dinnertime. So, we stopped at a Burger King, and took what we ordered home. Had a cheese whopper, and shared half a small fry thing. We don't eat that kind of stuff too often, so it was nice.:iconthailandplz:

No comments:

Post a Comment