Monday, August 29, 2011

More Herbs, Less Salt Day

Mood::iconhappychinaplz:


I think everyday you should cook with more herbs than salt. But, that's just me.:iconchibiaustriaplz:Good for your health this way, too. Herbs are so flavorful on their own, you don't really need to add salt to it. Plus, a lot of ingredients have some amount of salt in them already. So, adding more can be overkill.:iconusaplz:Even when I'm not cooking and I feel like whatever I'm having needs something, I try to go to the pepper or 7-spice (or Shichimi) instead of salt. Much better tasting. Of course, I'm a sucker for parmesan cheese, but that's only with some foods. And, surprisingly, I looked it up and it's one of the least salty cheeses. So, wahoo! People shouldn't take out all salt from their diets either. Simply because that's not healthy. A lot of other problems can spring up. A little goes a long way, I guess.:iconheroamericaplz:


It's been cooler today than it has for the last couple of days. But, it's not bad. We went to the grocery store Friday night, and it seemed like everyone we knew in town bumped into us every couple of aisles. (At least it felt like that. We know a lot more people...:iconkikuplz:) One person asked if we were going to services on Saturday. Mom told her she's not sure if she really could, so this person offered to drive us. It was very nice of her.:iconfrancisplz:


We got some pre-made BBQ'd brisket, snap peas, and garlic risotto for Friday night. It was really good!:iconchibispainplz:Also, got some baklava. Love that stuff! 


We did take that person up on her offer. It was so nice to go to services!:iconthailandplz:It feels like its been a long time. Our cantor was supposed to lead it this time. But, the rabbi showed up, too. So, she led most of the service, while the rabbi did the Torah bit. And, even that, he didn't do a drash. It was someone else this time. I really liked what she brought up. Really makes you think. Kind of a tough passage we mulled over for a while on. I think it was one of the longest discussions we've had in a while. And, I think it could have gone further, but someone realized the time. This coming Saturday, there's a Bar Mitzvah. We know the family pretty well. So, it would be really nice to go.:iconchibipolandplz: 


Played a little of the Sims 2. My sim's wife is pregnant now. They're like rabbits.:iconnorwayunimpressedplz:Mostly messed around with their house. Since, he got a boat-load of money after he married her. Still have a lot left over. And, I can do so much with it, but I decided to do more later. I didn't know they had aquariums as one of the items you can get. You have to buy the fish and feed them. They like to stare at them for long periods of time. For some reason they're more fun than dancing or a video game.:iconchibijapanplz:Weird. Also, bought them the most expensive grill. You can make BBQ'd ribs with it. Haven't tried it, but sounds like another fun thing to try. 


Watched the finale of Nodame Cantabile. It was awesome!:iconus-xdplz:Hilarious, emotional, well acted, etc. Good ending. Although, it left me wanting more. Good thing I know there are 2 specials for it. I think they go to Europe during the first one. Both Nodame and Chiaki are going to study in Paris. Chiaki finally realized that he loves her, although he won't admit it yet. The actors were very convincing during their roles as musicians. For the most part. Most people can't get a piece perfect in 2 days, but other than that, I thought it was pretty spot on.:iconchibiamericaplz:Showed how nerve wracking concerts can be, rivalries in the band, part of the hard work musicians go through for practicing, and more. Really one of the best dramas I've watched so far. Highly recommended.:iconmochiplz:
Another ruin on Masada. Again, this is from my trip to Israel at the end of January-beginning of February. I think it was also a lookout point. 


Got a lot of writing done!:dummy:I'm getting excited about it again! Probably about halfway through chapter 14. Not sure, because I don't set page limits on chapters. I have averaged around a certain number though. I just go with how I feel at that point in the story. People will get to know more about my main character in this one. Haven't actually laid out too much of a background on him until now. Funny, because a lot of secondary characters have detailed backgrounds already. It just happened that way.:iconseychelles-plz:I don't think he knows much about himself either. Makes him a bit mysterious, I guess. By the way, I'm still thinking of doing that writing meme on Vince. But, not sure if I'll do it during the week or the weekend. Sometime soon.:iconberwaldplz:
In Crime Edge, Iwai's father used to frequent a special bar. He was killed by a killing goods' author. Her father wanted to take her to that bar, but never got the chance. So, she decides to go. Along with Kiri and his other friends. Another author was at the bar watching them. He has the Rulebook of Sentencing and Execution. He doesn't usually kill with it. Just wants people to be punished for their crimes. He's actually pretty bored of his killing good. The pianist at the bar is blind. And, the man who tunes and fixes her piano is deaf. Somehow she's an author. 


Played some Duke Ellington, Gershwin, and some classical tunes. Actually wasn't too bad. It's rare for me, but I squeaked a couple of times.:iconromanoplz:Not sure if the reed is good anymore, sounded really airy at first. I also was trying to do some glissing. Haven't practiced those in a long time. I'm a bit rusty. Barely scratched out a gliss. Glisses can be very difficult to get smoothly. Also worked on translating that article from You Maga that I'm typing up. It's on stress relieving exercises. Almost done.Phew!


Gintama wasn't as great as it usually is. Except for a few chuckles, it was kind of boring. I liked that the Shinsengumi finally made another appearance, though. 


Started thinking about doing the Hetalia themed heritage meme. My family's kind of complicated with its history.:iconlietplz:But, I'm thinking of making it more generalized I guess. I'm going to have about 9 or 10 countries including myself. I'm glad they said I could do chibis of them. I just have to figure out the designs for a couple of them. I seriously thought there was an official Scotland design. Like on the mangaka's blog or in the manga itself. I know he's not in the anime. There's a fan-made one that most fans seem to agree on. Not sure if I'll use it, or make my own. There isn't one for Ireland either. So sad. Anyways, it should be an interesting and fun project for me.:la:


deviantART faves: Hey Monsters I did not make this! It's an awesome drawing by an artist I watch. I don't like that she turned to realism so much. But, this is really nice. Kind of back to the way she used to be. 


Youtube:
Artie Shaw, one of the best jazz clarinetists. I don't think I remember much about him, but he was featured in Jewniverse:

No comments:

Post a Comment