Friday, September 2, 2011

London Calling

Mood::iconicelandfukkiretaplz:


By the Clash. It's always been a fave of mine. This song has an amazing, unique, and eerie sound. I think we talked about them in my rock and roll history class a few years ago. They really made an impact on the industry. Maybe I'll find some more old faves at some point.:iconchibinitalyplz:

This is this month's wallpaper. It's South Korea, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, and Japan from Hetalia. It's interesting to see their different sitting positions. Kind of a cute wallpaper.:iconchibihungaryplz:
This is my Japanese woodblock calendar for September. It's called Kii Province: Waka no Ura, from the series Famous Places in the 60-odd Provinces of Japan. Apparently, this place is known for their poetry. Interesting. 


It's very fitting, but the last letter my Jewish calendar has is ת or tav. It's the last letter of the alef bet (or our alphabet.). This is the last month, called Elul, of the year 5771 for us. Crazy!:iconchibipolandplz:Some people blow the shofar every morning during the month until the new year. Haven't been doing that, but I want to.:iconpolandplz:I can't believe our New Year's Day (Rosh Hashanah) is coming up so quickly. Every year it seems sooner and sooner.:iconwtfromanoplz:But, it really doesn't change. It's just comparing a lunar calendar to a solar one.:iconkikuplz:I need a new Jewish calendar soon, though.


These are the month-long holidays: Apple Month, Baby Safety Month, Chili Peppers and Figs Month, Fall Hat Month, Happy Cat Month, International Self-Awareness Month, Mold Awareness Month, National Chicken Month, National Coupon Month, National Honey Month, National Mushroom Month, National Piano Month, National Rice Month, Passion Fruit and Peach Month, Peas and Radish Month, Whole Grains Month, National Biscuit Month, National Breakfast Month, National Potato Month. Some are important causes, some are to make you think and appreciate things you may take for granted, or they're just fun. A much longer list than last month's.:iconthailandplz:A lot of food related ones.


Yesterday, I made a tamale pie from an old Texas cookbook. It came out really tasty!:iconchibispainplz:Kind of a 'different' thing for me to make. First time making the cornmeal 'mush' part.:iconseychelles-plz:It had chili powder and salt added. The meat mixture had onions, garlic, ground beef, tomatoes, chili powder, salt, and pepper. We didn't have any green bell peppers, so I left them out.:iconswissplz:They have you line the pan with half the mush. Then, add the meat as another layer. Next, dot the meat with olives. And, finally cover with the rest of the mush. I couldn't get it totally covered, but it was close.:iconchibicanadaplz:I'll probably post the pic tomorrow. Also, just made some brownies from a box for dessert tonight. Tasted the batter, and it was awesome!:iconitalyplz:Can't wait to eat it later!:la:


Worked more on putting things in order for my recipe list. I made a Word document with different categories. So, if let's say: I wanted to make something with 'salmon', I can look at the salmon section that's full of the recipes I found that are salmon based. I can have a better idea of what I'll want to make.:iconhappychinaplz:Then, I can look at my other list for the page number and book. Will make it nice and organized. I have so many I want to make, I kind of need something like this, or I'll feel like it's a chore to just figure it out. And, then by the time I find something, I won't want to cook. It will be an endless cycle.:iconohboyamericaplz:But, this changes that. 


I have a lot of bread recipes that I'm hoping to make. I've never made bread, and I think it might be fun. Found some seemingly easy recipes, since I'm such a newbie to it. Someday soon I'll get to it.:iconheroamericaplz:


Went to Wal-mart and got a binder and clear plastic page protectors a couple of days ago. This way I can make a 'book' for all of the recipe lists I wrote out. So far it looks great and it's easier to use. Don't have pages flying everywhere. Had about 10 pages (20 if you go by front and back), so it was a lot to handle.:iconlietplz:


Also, got a new toothbrush. It's oddly shaped, and squirts out Scope mouth wash as you brush. It's a bit weird, but actually feels good. Got a new toothpaste as well. I'm looking for a good sensitive teeth toothpaste, so I decided to try this one. So far I think it's working. It comes out from the tube really thick, though.:iconchibijapanplz:Foams more than my last toothpaste, even though it was the same brand. Using that and the brush, feels like my teeth are being pampered.:iconeestiplz:I guess that's good. 


While at Wal-mart, I decided to try the personal pizza again at the subway inside the store. Last time, I didn't ask about the veggie pizza, and they didn't cut it up. This time I asked about the veggie, and they said you can have any of their vegetables as a topping. So, I had them throw on some tomatoes, green peppers, and olives. I also had them put oregano and parmesan on it. They cut it for me this time. It was awesome! Didn't think it would taste so good!:iconfrancisplz:


Wrote a lot more of Alliance. Might have only a couple more pages left of chapter 14. Yay! Then, it's editing it. Not too bad though. Already have ideas for the next chapter. I'm glad I'm getting more into it.:iconeduardplz:


Had therapy on Tuesday. It had been almost 5 months since I saw her last. She told me at the end, that I definitely have to make my appointments sooner. 5 Months is too long.:iconwtfukplz:But, their calendar for appointments is weird. Supposedly, they had a thing for a while (not sure if it's still like this) where you couldn't make appointments for any more than a month in advance in person. Calling them a while back, she was booked for a long time. So, it's kind of hard to get them set up sooner.:icongermanyplz:She's a popular therapist. Plus, a lot of their staff quit, and their patients went to her. Lucky me. I'll try for 2 months in between next time. I always feel so much better after talking to her. I've got a lot on my plate, and I guess talking about it is a good thing to do.:iconsleepygreeceplz: 


Went with Mom to her Mahj thing on Wednesday. Managed to get quite a lot done. Transposed all of the Kid on the Mountain. Took a long time. Worked a bit on that You Maga article I'm writing out. And, read some of Soy Source. Had some more of the cafe's strawberry lemonade. Really good stuff.:iconchibifranceplz:


We also got another litter box recently for upstairs. Tasha just keeps peeing and occasionally pooping on the upstairs floor. It just reeks.:iconromanoplz:Of course, a lot of it also leaks into my bathroom. Fun to clean up. So, in addition to the litter box, we also have to clean the carpet. Got 2 different carpet cleaners. Dad just used one, after vacuuming the carpet. Have to wait until that dries to vacuum it again. And then use the other cleaner, let it dry, and vacuum again. Had the litter box out for a bit before. Also, got a bin for the waste. And, a temporary mat, some newspaper, to catch the pebbles. We have one downstairs that's pretty good. We'll probably get another one like it. But, for now newspaper works. Hope she uses that box!:iconhongkongplz:It has like a little privacy door flap. That might be good for her. She's terrified the other cat will get her, so if she feels like it closes behind her, maybe she'll relax and use it more? We'll see. I hope the other one just uses the one downstairs. 


deviantART faves: Seasoned Flavor APH- Gilbird CAFE +Join Me+ I did not make these! First, an interesting pic from an artist I watch. A maple carved into a red apple. Must take talent to make it look like that. I'd probably screw it up somehow. Second, it's Gilbird from Hetalia. He's Prussia's pet. (Can be seen usually on top of his head.) A lot of the countries have pets. Like, France has another bird named Pierre, Japan has a dog, Canada has a polar bear, Germany has 3 dogs, Iceland has a puffin, etc. Kind of interesting. Although, it's a bit weird that America has an alien. I think in one of the episodes he had a whale too. The third and fourth ones are for the cultural foods contest in one of the Hetalia fan clubs I'm a part of, called APHetalia-Club. I really like the idea behind the contest. What a nice way to showcase foods from other countries. One's supposed to show the different foods of Canada, America, France, and England. (Hence, the CAFE.) I think the American and Canadian foods are put together and are: pancakes topped with ice cream, and then maple syrup. The French one is a peach crepe. The English one is Earl Grey. Not the best entry, but not bad. The other one showcases Russian cuisine. It has piroshki, pelmeni, and borscht. I knew about all of them, except I'm not sure I've heard of or tried pelmeni. Probably have just don't remember. But, good stuff to show. Very realistic looking too. I like the patterns and textures that went into Russia's outfit. Which the artist says was a slightly modified traditional Russian attire. Cool. Maybe this one should win? 

No comments:

Post a Comment